Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
614 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

The MultiECUscan topics are distributed into a number of threads, and I’m interested in seeing if the Forum users would start one that stands on its’ own. Flame me if this is redundant, and Mods feel free to aggregate this into the appropriate thread if one already exists.

I have the REGISTERED version, with 2 Bluetooth and one 327 ELM USB that all seem to work identically, pull data, work with C5 and C6 cable types, etc.

I’m having this issue, which I posted on the forum for MultiECUscan:

http://forum.multiecuscan.net/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=6358#p20301

I’ll recap in the next post...

·
Registered
614 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
ISO Unsupported Issues

continuing from my thread start post...

————————-

Got the registered version of version 4.2 on 22Aug18 and am having UNKNOWN/UNSUPPORTED responses for

Engine/ECM -- ISO Code: 00 01 50 5B 17
Gearbox / DTCM -- ISO Code 00 43 50 91 14
Body / RFHUB -- ISO Code 00 41 50 BE 14
Other / DASM (Driver Assistant System Module) -- ISO 00 39 50 15 15

My car is a NA Alfa Romeo Giulia Ti Q4 (Equiv to Euro Veloce) 2017, Mfg date Feb 17, 280HP 2.0l which has the T57 Recall Update performed and is current for all as of April 2018 here in North America. My car has a Eurocompulsion Euro+Drive Phase 1 ECU tune (parameter tables only, unmodified ECU G520WA01 SW), V2 intake and Centerline exhaust modifications, but is otherwise stock.

I am using "A5/BLUE" and "A6/GREY" Cable running with the ELM 327 from your UK distributor iDiagnostics, and another BT ELM that seem to work appropriately.

———————-

Any similar issues or ideas Alfisti?

Thanks in advance,

·
Registered
614 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
One thing is of course that MES support for the stelvio/giulia is still very much under development, and new functions/codes are added each new release (which btw on avarage come out every 3 months or so)
My suprise was pulling an UNSUPPORTED for the ECM... that part should be the first thing coded, I would think. I still see correct data, tracks instrumentation, etc.

Can’t clear Svc Interval data, which several on the Forum have successfully performed. I was able to get Dyno mode on the ABS module to set and clear though. That module does not throw an UNSUPPORTED.

·
Registered
1,385 Posts

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
re reset service interval (under "service reset" ), others have reported that you can only execute "next service km reset", which will cause a reset using date etc. pulled from PC. You cannot seperately set service date/interval.
Under "engine" you can reset the oil interval counter

·
Registered
17 Posts
I've got the issue where the fuel gauge is stock on empty due to refueling with the ignition on. It requires a "body control module reset". Is this something you can do with multiECUScan?

·
Registered
787 Posts
I far as I can tell, I was able to reset both places even with getting the error message using Multiecuscan 4.2 with a wired USB to OBD port..

·
Registered
3,582 Posts
Baddddad, I would try it. The service reset is not obvious at first glance. It looks like you can edit the fields but the system is set up to only reset and pull the data from the PC. I imagine this is a guard against fraud.

I am hoping for a trouble free mounting of my winter set with tpms when they arrive.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Version 4.3

Ver 4.3 is out today. Quick glance, I can see 1 new feature was added in this version for the Giulia. Its call the logistic mode. When turn ON it puts the car in low power consumption mode. Might be useful for folks that put the car in storage for the winter or a long vacation.

·
Registered
3,582 Posts
Hey! Cool find. And I just had my head under the hood listening to all our strange clicks and clacks with a listening rod. Put it back on the charger afterward. Valve train sounds normal and I think my click is vent tube related. Oil, fuel or AC system or simple belts.

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
Ver 4.3 is out today. Quick glance, I can see 1 new feature was added in this version for the Giulia. Its call the logistic mode. When turn ON it puts the car in low power consumption mode. Might be useful for folks that put the car in storage for the winter or a long vacation.
Another general feature is that WiFi is now suported on the MPX CantieCar OBD interface....

·
Registered
345 Posts
Does anyone know if it is possible to adjust the auto headlight sensitivity, or possibly increase the delay when the headlights switch on with the MultiECUScan tool? With the approaching spring we would have more sunny days and I would somehow like to stop the headlights from turning on every time I pass through an underpass.

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
Does anyone know if it is possible to adjust the auto headlight sensitivity, or possibly increase the delay when the headlights switch on with the MultiECUScan tool? With the approaching spring we would have more sunny days and I would somehow like to stop the headlights from turning on every time I pass through an underpass.
not with MES, but you can set the sensitivity via the infotainment ......

Attachments

·
Registered
345 Posts
Thanks for the response. Yes I've tried that, but it doesn't seems to make much of a difference. I was hoping maybe additional adjustments were possible.

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
Just noticed there's an updated version of MES available :

08/03/2019 - Multiecuscan 4.4 Download
- Added information for more ISO codes from 2015-2018 vehicles
- Added support for Jeep Compass
- Added new PROXI configuration options for 500X, Renegade, Giulia, Stelvio, 500L
- Fixed incorrect decoding of some country codes in 500X, Renegade, Giulia, Stelvio PROXI configuration options
- Support for Bosch EDC17C69 CF6+ Diesel Injection (1.6, 2.0) (Compass)
- Support for Magneti Marelli IAW 8GML CF6 Injection (1.4) (Compass)
- Support for ZF 9HP48/948TE Automatic Gearbox (Compass)
- Support for Continental ABS/ESP/EPB (Compass)
- Support for Instrument Panel Marelli (MP) (Compass)
- Support for Body Computer Marelli (MP) (Compass)
- Support for TRW climate control (Automatic) (Compass)
- Support for Parking control with SPM Bosch (Compass)
- Support for Continental Airbag (Compass)
- Support for Comfort seat and wheel (CSWM) Continental (Compass)
- Support for Service Interval Reset (MP) (Compass)
- Support for CAN Setup / PROXI Alignment Procedure (MP) (Compass)
- Support for Magneti Marelli IAW 10GF CF6 Injection (1.0 GSE) (Uno 2015)
- Support for Uconnect Radio/Nav 5" (500X, Renegade, Tipo, Egea)
- Support for Uconnect Radio/Nav 6.5" (500X, Renegade)

·
Registered
149 Posts
Have an OCI coming up in about 1k miles. Would really like to go the MES route but am concerned that SGW would prohibit me from resetting OLM/Interval lights. Anyone have recent experience? Dealer said they'd charge $60 to reset the lights, which is a robbery that I'd much rather avoid.

·
Registered
2,233 Posts
Bumping. Anyone experience restrictions in 2018+ models due to SGW?
I believe the SGW blocks all diagnostic commands, and the oil reset would be one of those.

I do recall recently someone posting in this site a reset procedure that involved depressing the brake pedal and ignition switch in some order/time. Don't think anyone has confirmed if it worked or not.

·
Registered
149 Posts
I believe the SGW blocks all diagnostic commands, and the oil reset would be one of those.

I do recall recently someone posting in this site a reset procedure that involved depressing the brake pedal and ignition switch in some order/time. Don't think anyone has confirmed if it worked or not.
Yes, I saw that also. There are a couple variations of the method but none of them have been verified and attempts at replicating the "procedure" haven't been successful.

If SGW gets in the way of MES I will be very disappointed. I have a few e-mails out to other OBD2 diagnostic/reset tools and none of them work to reset these lights.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts