Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Still shopping but plan on picking up a Ti Sport by the end of the year and definitely need to improve that stock sound.

Been doing some research on this great forum and look forward to even more input.
Also seen/heard both on youtube but wondering real life everyday driving.

Any positive/neg I should consider over the other ... muffler delete vs. Corsa exhaust?

It will be a lease.
Thanks

·
Read Only
0 Posts
The Centerline Corsa exhaust is a muffler delete with their resonator. Same with the Madness Lusso exhaust. I have the Madness that is all stainless and very well constructed - Cold start = very loud for a few minutes. Shifting through gears is exhilarating with a bit of a bark. Normal highway driving not annoying but there is some drone at around 1800 RMP and during acceleration in the lower gears.

·
Registered
876 Posts
i had mine done in a shop, just plain and simple straight pipe, with quad tips, and for a 4 cylinder, it does sound amazing, and not raspy, oh and the brap between shift on high rpms is just an icing on the cake lol

Reactions: juz

·
Registered
32 Posts
I have the V2 intake combined with a muffler delete ($150 at a local shop) and am very pleased.

I watched all the videos out there before doing it and decided to save money and go with the delete. I think it sounds just as good, if not better, than some of the expensive exhaust options out there. Sounds great in person, too.

·
Registered
2018 Vulcano Black Giulia Quadrifoglio
5,012 Posts
Anyone try a muffler delete on the qv?

·
Registered
658 Posts
Unless or until it’s possible to get Ti’s with different exhausts together in one place a comparison is essentially impossible. Good news is that a number of forum members have tried a number of different options and almost all seem pretty happy with the improvement.

What I would say is any muffler delete with no other reduction method is going to leave you with a pretty loud start and some drone around 1,800 rpm. This may or may not bother you. It bothered me and while I’m really happy with the way of fixing this I found which leaves me with the flow chacteristics of a straight pipe. It would have been simpler to find something ready made with a smaller than stock muffler. But then I have no idea what that would sound like :wink2:

·
Registered
422 Posts
Look closely at what's being sold for $G's at shops- pipe with a single resonator.

I ditched my rear muffler replaced with straight pipe and left the center resonator in place. Has a nice tone and no drone $175 job. If you don't like it, you can always go to something else, later.

Just make sure your muffler guy cuts in a way he can reweld it when it's time to turn in car.

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
Look closely at what's being sold for $G's at shops- pipe with a single resonator.

I ditched my rear muffler replaced with straight pipe and left the center resonator in place. Has a nice tone and no drone $175 job. If you don't like it, you can always go to something else, later.

Just make sure your muffler guy cuts in a way he can reweld it when it's time to turn in car.
Please don't cut it, there is a slip joint behind the resonator. I have the stock rear section in my garage, easy to reinstall.

No drone, no way. There is a natural resonation in the 1700-1800 rpm range that varies in intensity depending upon the exhaust. With a custom slip joint back and two real tips, I get a mild drone in the 1800 area, but not too obtrusive. A single tip, cheap muffler delete was reported as a louder drone by one owner. All of the after market exhausts have varing levels, and some owners have modified them to reduce the noise. Simply search the types of exhaust that interest you and read carefully.

·
Registered
2,577 Posts
Anyone try a muffler delete on the qv?
I think some have. You might be able to find one on the QV threads. I would stick with the primary vendors on this site. Some have been able to get the dealerships to install. Bottom line is I don't want a question on warranty since ours is 8 years. I told my husband that we could swap out the factory before she goes in for checks. He said you don't think they can tell if something is new or used? Any thoughts on that? Meaning it should wear the same as the rest of the car underneath. There is the controller and the R sound in all modes seems to be a good solution.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Please don't cut it, there is a slip joint behind the resonator. I have the stock rear section in my garage, easy to reinstall.

No drone, no way. There is a natural resonation in the 1700-1800 rpm range that varies in intensity depending upon the exhaust. With a custom slip joint back and two real tips, I get a mild drone in the 1800 area, but not too obtrusive. A single tip, cheap muffler delete was reported as a louder drone by one owner. All of the after market exhausts have varing levels, and some owners have modified them to reduce the noise. Simply search the types of exhaust that interest you and read carefully.
???

I'm fine with it, I have no drone- then again maybe our expectations are different- Internets ancedotal evidence and heresay be dammed.. Did you cut the resonator out? Also, I don't have to deal with having an 4 ft exhaust pipe kicking around the garage.

Come time to sell or trade, I don't think I'm gonna care too much about the authenticity of the exhaust system.

·
Registered
2018 Vulcano Black Giulia Quadrifoglio
5,012 Posts
I think some have. You might be able to find one on the QV threads. I would stick with the primary vendors on this site. Some have been able to get the dealerships to install. Bottom line is I don't want a question on warranty since ours is 8 years. I told my husband that we could swap out the factory before she goes in for checks. He said you don't think they can tell if something is new or used? Any thoughts on that? Meaning it should wear the same as the rest of the car underneath. There is the controller and the R sound in all modes seems to be a good solution.
I agree. Forza does the job for now and I haven't heard exhaust videos that sound any better then my own.

I agree with you on the warranty but I think that while the exhaust may look new if you do the swap, they can't prove anything.

·
Read Only
0 Posts
???

I'm fine with it, I have no drone- then again maybe our expectations are different- Internets ancedotal evidence and heresay be dammed.. Did you cut the resonator out? Also, I don't have to deal with having an 4 ft exhaust pipe kicking around the garage.

Come time to sell or trade, I don't think I'm gonna care too much about the authenticity of the exhaust system.
I have the Madness Lusso exhaust system. It's basically a muffler delete with a resonator. Very well made but has a drone at 1800 RPM. Cold starts are very loud.

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
???

I cut nothing...we simply slipped the stock system off behind the resonator and installed a pipe to a y and true dual tips.

The drone is poorly named, it's more of a loudening of the exhaust note in the 1700-1850 RPM range, especially in a steady state cruise at that speed.

As for resale, it's a plus to have not cut into the stock system.

Reactions: He's Deaf

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
Simply put, if the car is having drivability issues, and has a non-stock exhaust, you have some level of risk. As long as you cut nothing, the risk is minimized.

As for reinstalling, what does it matter it isn't as worn? If they ask, it's a replacement stock unit you bought when your original system got a rock through the muffler. The parts are AR, therefore complying with the warranty without question.

·
Registered
2,577 Posts
Simply put, if the car is having drivability issues, and has a non-stock exhaust, you have some level of risk. As long as you cut nothing, the risk is minimized.

As for reinstalling, what does it matter it isn't as worn? If they ask, it's a replacement stock unit you bought when your original system got a rock through the muffler. The parts are AR, therefore complying with the warranty without question.
Good point. We would not be doing the install we are not literate to even tinker. We will find a good shop. I imagine this is not something that “an authorized Alfa Service Center” would need to do.

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
Good point. We would not be doing the install we are not literate to even tinker. We will find a good shop. I imagine this is not something that “an authorized Alfa Service Center” would need to do.
Alfa of Fort Worth was perfectly willing to install aftermarket parts. Their Service Advisors Office had several aftermarket company logos on the glass door...

Essence Alfa’s Service Manager was the one who tipped me off on the drivability concern. He had a client with a QV who butchered the exhaust to modify it and (probably) caused the car to throw faults. They tried for a week to figure out what was happening, and Alfa Technical at the national level got involved. He had stated he had not modified the car, period. When Alfa Technical saw the pictures they requested of the exhaust (because the fault messages were pointing that way), they immediately denied any further warranty work on that issue because of the non-Alfa exhaust. They also advised that, until a stock exhaust was reinstalled, the drivability issues would not be addressed, except on a paid basis, as the error codes indicated an issue with the exhaust, which was non-stock.

All the Service Manager told me was keep the original, and if we have something come up that might be related, we need to reinstall it to rule out any issue with the aftermarket mod and then get Alfa Tech to help figure what is really wrong. He also said that my change was likely no issue, the other guy had messed all the way to the engine.

Reactions: AmerikMasters

·
Registered
2017 Alfa Romeo Giulia Quadrifoglio
954 Posts
The Corsa is very loud at cold start up... past 100 decibels last time i checked it on my car. Also the piping is 3 inches vs the stock 2.5 which creates a deeper exhaust note which is desired. But the deeper note creates low frequencies that easily goes through the cabin and it can create an uncomfortable drone at around 1800 to 2000 rpms for some. The muffler delete will keep its stock 2.5 piping and not be as low in tone and should be easier on the ears. But sound of course is subjective and some prefer the deeper, meaner, gurgling sounding Corsa exhaust note, my self included.

However on my Q60RS is simply did a muffler delete and below is the sound clip.

[FONT=&quot]https://youtu.be/ugbss5Ujm6o[/FONT]

1 - 20 of 30 Posts