Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For those that have done the muffler delete what did you pay to have this done and what were the materials used.

Cheers
TK

·
Read Only
0 Posts
For those that have done the muffler delete what did you pay to have this done and what were the materials used.

Cheers
TK
I replaced the stock TI exhaust with the Madness Lusso exhaust (muffler delete) It came with high-quality stainless steel piping, resonator and CF tips. $1600.00. I had a local custom muffler shop do the install that cost about $200.

·
Registered
422 Posts
$170.00 all in- including custom fabrication. Visually cannot tell from outside of car it's been cut , and it sounds great. All fits under panel.
- stock resonator still there. No drone, just lowered tone, no rasp. Like it should've from factory.

EDIT Standard muffler steel tubing.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,819 Posts
$120 all included in Milwaukee, left resonator on, single exit on the right side. The left side still has the fake tip with no pipe behind, you can't tell unless you look up close.

·
Registered
2018 Vulcano Black Giulia Quadrifoglio
4,420 Posts
Are these ti or qv prices?

I'm not very technical, is this a cheaper option that a full exhaust replacement that gets closer to the sound improvements.

Would this still create the "pops" that are ooh so satisfying, and if so, more or less of them?

·
Registered
691 Posts
Are these ti or qv prices?

I'm not very technical, is this a cheaper option that a full exhaust replacement that gets closer to the sound improvements.

Would this still create the "pops" that are ooh so satisfying, and if so, more or less of them?
What's the impact on emission inspections too?

·
Registered
422 Posts
1)- I would describe the sound as smooth and 'vroom' vs a rasp (think fart can Civic). Sounds great during hard acceleration. No drone, and during upshifts you can hear it belch (?) slightly.
2)- emissions isn't affected- Cat is in place and the mod does't require retune or trigger a CEL.
3)- Not knocking anyone who bought the legit catback, but it's a hard pill to swallow considering most are just stainless pipe with just a different resonator and no muffler. The work isn't even visible since it hides behind a cover. To pay $G's for that just doesn't make sense. Oh, and I live in AZ. Not exactly a rust belt.
4)- If your conscience gets to you, you can unbolt the cheapie and get a real exhaust in the future. No harm, no foul.

However, if they find a system that makes the car sound really like a Ferrari then I'll reconsider- but for now, noticeable sound, deeper tone, smooth and no drone AND under $200 I'm a deal.

·
Read Only
0 Posts
Yes, spending $1000 for a cat back system is a lot more than a simple $170 muffler delete. However, I have the option of putting the stock system (that I saved) back on at any time without any welding involved making it truly stock. That is a concern I have regarding resale or if my neighbors start complaining about the cold start noise that is LOUD!.

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
Yes, spending $1000 for a cat back system is a lot more than a simple $170 muffler delete. However, I have the option of putting the stock system (that I saved) back on at any time without any welding involved making it truly stock. That is a concern I have regarding resale or if my neighbors start complaining about the cold start noise that is LOUD!.
Concern is unnecessary...if...you get a reputable shop to install a system from the middle slip joint back and save the old system by removing vs cutting out. The cheap end may involve cutting at the muffler and welding on a short pipe or two. A more expensive muffler delete can run up to $400-500 for aluminiumized or $600-700 for stainless tubing. On the cheap end, you can see as low as $120. A lot of the cost is dependent upon the shop and its normal business. I spent on the high end at a shop that caters to hot rodders and is know nationwide. My exhaust is stored safely for reinstallation.

·
Registered
4,420 Posts
Pardon my n00bness but it's a muffler delete reversible?

·
Registered
422 Posts
Easily if you cut it so you can reweld the pipe later. On a 2.0 it's just one tube, cut and take muffler off the hangers.

just don't cut the muffler right at the entry point and you're golden.

·
Registered
4,420 Posts
Good to know. Would love to see a video of what the qv sounds like with the delete

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
Sometimes...

1) If the delete is done by replacing the rear unit from the middle slip joint (or from what I assume is a catalyst joint) and the old system is removed intact and kept, yes.

2) If the old system is cut, it might be restored, perhaps via welding, but you’d need the old bits.

3) You can likely buy a replacement OEM unit.

The resending option will be noticeable to any competent individual.

·
Registered
4,420 Posts
That's good to know. What love to hear what a qv sounds like with this done

·
Registered
876 Posts
Straight pipe from cat, into 4 exit exhaust all done at mufler shop 400$

·
Registered
691 Posts
On the QV are you guys deleting the flaps?

·
Registered
6 Posts
I’ve recently done a muffler delete on my Giulia which required a Y pipe. I still have the resonator though think I might remove that soon since though the car may be loud I would love for it to be even louder!:) It’s been about 6 days of me having it and I don’t regret the decision. Just in case I did keep all the parts lol. For mine I only paid $150 btw.

·
Registered
Giulia Veloce Q4 2018
301 Posts
Hi

I’ve recently done a muffler delete on my Giulia which required a Y pipe. I still have the resonator though think I might remove that soon since though the car may be loud I would love for it to be even louder!:) It’s been about 6 days of me having it and I don’t regret the decision. Just in case I did keep all the parts lol. For mine I only paid $150 btw.
Hi.
Can you share some info about driving experiences? How it is going? :) if there is no big, weird noise etc. I'm considering that modification on my European Veloce.
Ps you have removed only muffler, correct??

Reactions: mjb
1 - 20 of 33 Posts