Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 114 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

Has anyone put on mud guards?

I'm thinking of getting some but would love some advice first.

·
Registered
526 Posts
What do you want to achieve with the mud guards?

If it's just for paint protection I'd recommend just using a clear wrap.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ic. I get dirt streaks along sideskirts and rear fender.

I guess i should just keep washing my car, but are there nice ones I can consider? Or should I just live with it? Looking for opinions.

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
Are there any mudflaps at all for the car? I would be interested but haven't come across any

·
Registered
2020 Alfa Romeo Giulia Sport Ti AWD
7,469 Posts
Are there any mudflaps at all for the car? I would be interested but haven't come across any
WeatherTech in about three years. :p

·
Registered
736 Posts
I found Mopar 50547098 for the rear ONLY. We recently had a good amount of rain and the rear quarters look like they need them! Google-ing I can only find them in Europe/the UK....

·
Registered
736 Posts

They're designed for the standard rear bumper (Sport bumper has a slightly different profile).
I sent a company in the UK our VIN to see if it fits. Wish I knew if they fit ours, and hope to find a place to buy them...

Thank you for the nice picture!

·
Registered
736 Posts
After the recent rains here the rear end of my wife's Giulia looks like it really needs these mud flaps. (I'll save you the pain of a dirty Giulia rear end)! The site I noted is a UK dealership of some sort. They responded very quickly and I can now see the link where they do ship to the US, but most likely cost prohibitive.

Haven't checked with the local dealer whether this part can be ordered or not. (May do so when I get the chance...)

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
After the recent rains here the rear end of my wife's Giulia looks like it really needs these mud flaps. (I'll save you the pain of a dirty Giulia rear end)! The site I noted is a UK dealership of some sort. They responded very quickly and I can now see the link where they do ship to the US, but most likely cost prohibitive.

Haven't checked with the local dealer whether this part can be ordered or not. (May do so when I get the chance...)
https://moparonlineparts.com/alfa-romeo-giulia-splash-guards-p-8170.html

Cheap

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
I would contact them somehow and ask for a pic from them to confirm ... Which rear bumper do you have?

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
Guys, I have made several pairs for my Miata over the years. They used to be easy to do with the fender designs of the past. You can use trash can vinyl and match the peg holes to the fender liner holes and make what you want. But now, the fenders of the Giulia are thin edged, "cowling" style and the liner pegs in the well will require some brackets or adhesive tape style mounting. Not sure how the Mopar ones will work but once we get pictures we'll have a better idea. I suggest using clear gloss plastidip on the body in the mean time. Also, the Quad has a small aero/stone chip slat above the rear wheels. Not sure how that is mounted but may play into things for the Quad. I have the clear wrap done already but that doesn't stop the mud and salt spray from landing there.

I also noticed one of the bumper tabs inside the exhaust cavity was not tucked in properly. It's small about 1/4 inch but I will reset it when I work on the Forza Componenti exhaust controller in the spring. Just arrived today ;) Washed her myself for the first time Saturday.

Attachments

Reactions: Alfaholico
1 - 20 of 114 Posts