Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,577 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am curious to hear how everyone is rating their steep mountain climbing in a Giulia Ti Sport not sure if it matters if it is a Q4 or Q2 performance pack since I would think the base climbs the same as the others but I don't know. I was a very bummed Mini owner when everyone else zipped past me. Great around town car but don't want to climb the mountains with it. Will I be left in the dust again by everyone else?

·
Registered
2018 Q4 with Fiamenghi Ti exhaust, Race Mod, and Tecnico wheels.
7,729 Posts
I am curious to hear how everyone is rating their steep mountain climbing in a Giulia Ti Sport not sure if it matters if it is a Q4 or Q2 performance pack since I would think the base climbs the same as the others but I don't know. I was a very bummed Mini owner when everyone else zipped past me. Great around town car but don't want to climb the mountains with it. Will I be left in the dust again by everyone else?
How steep? What elevation? How curvy? Competitive or just having fun? Legal speeds or "who cares"? Compared to what other vehicles? I suspect if you are entering in the Pike's Peak hill climb your stock 2.0T Giulia might be a disappointment. Even a QV might be considered underpowered for that run.

I haven't had a chance to try out my Giulia on CA SR-108 yet (26%, 9600', very curvy, almost impossible to get above 55MPH due to the curves and safety considerations), but I tend to pass everything in my gutless Mazda Protege and Giulia 2.0T is drastically more powerful, so I have trouble believing that it will be anything less than spectacular.

·
Registered
316 Posts
This car is going to scream up hills. It has plenty of torque in mid-range RPMs plus a turbocharger. There won't be very many people passing you if you don't want them to.

·
Registered
647 Posts
I have a base Giulia 2.0 L with AWD.

Last summer we drove on a frequently steep and also hairpin curvy road from the Grove of the Patriarchs near Hwy 123, WA (2100 ft) up the Stevens Canyon Road to Paradise Lodge, at the 5400 ft level of 14,480 ft tall Mt Rainier. All the way up this 3300 ft climb, approx 21 miles in D mode. A few parts in manual/shifter paddles for extra fun. Giulia was the Queen of the Mountain (no QV's there that day)! Absolutely stunning performance on that climb. What a marvelous road machine! Took the curves like on a rail and rocket acceleration when needed. That day convinced me beyond any doubt that I had made the correct decision. Magnifico!

Attachments

Reactions: FNM and lost1750GTV

·
Registered
202 Posts
It's a rocket ship. Like riding a wild bull in D mode. You'll have to rein it in or you'll lose your license to drive!

Reactions: JuliaQ4-Nut

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
There is always going to be a faster driver or faster car or both......

The point is that you will enjoy the Giulia regardless......

Have fun, it's not a race, it is an adventure......

1 - 6 of 6 Posts