Votes: 65 92.9%
  • No

Votes: 5 7.1%
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Based on your experience, would you get a Giulia if you had to do it all over again?

·
Registered
647 Posts
My wife is Japanese, I'm going to keep her
I've had to upgrade her several times, but only small software issues.

My girlfriend Giulia is Italian. There is not one millisecond of doubt that I made a great choice!
Giulia has several very minor glitches at two months and 1800 miles. No problemo!
I expected to have some bugs in a brand new model. What a joy to drive!
It's a magnet for attention and compliments! Most importantly my wife loves Giulia!

:D

Attachments

Reactions: ChiGuy

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
It's only been 3 weeks so I can't tell yet. By the time my lease is up Alfa will have new models. I would love a QF. I do love driving this car. It just communicates back to you when driving.

Reactions: Alfaholico

·
Registered
2020 Alfa Romeo Giulia Sport Ti AWD
7,463 Posts
Had to read the subject twice. I originally thought it said "Mother of all trolls". I wonder why.

·
Registered
2019 Rosso Competizione Stelvio Ti Sport Nero Edizione
651 Posts
I've never owned a car that I enjoyed driving this much. Was in the middle lane doing 75 yesterday and coming up on a slowpoke. I gave it a punch just for a second to zip around him. I looked down and BAM I was at 95 without even trying. Of course this is all hypothetical in case we have any law enforcement on the page.

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
Yes...Of Course....So glad Alfa came back with such a tremendous effort...Beautiful visually and viscerally.....Can't wait for the Stelvio Quadrifoglio and a Coupe and a Spider off the Giorgio platform.....

Reactions: Rutlefan

·
Registered
7 Posts
Based on your experience, would you get a Giulia if you had to do it all over again?
I would get the AWD, Ti version with all available packages and upgrades.

I got the base model, with cold weather and customer preferred package. I had the wheels (19" 5 hole) quoted with the painted calipers and those alone were $6K at the dealer alone.

·
Registered
37 Posts
The Alfa is so pretty, so sexy, and I feel younger driving it. Even my wife likes it. I was so shocked when She purchased a Giulia only parking sign for our garage! It's Italian....gunna break down more than the Japanese cars, never had a German machine, but my Volvo was practically perfect. I also like that in the last month, I have seen maybe 2-3 on the road. Here in South Florida I see more Lamborghini's than Gulias. Really rare so far...

Mine is base model with Black exterior/Red interior and turbine wheels Next one will have a sport package and paddle shifters plus maybe a cloverleaf on the fender!

So my answer is ...Yes!

·
Vendor
619 Posts
Absolutely and in fact already have.

·
Registered
460 Posts
Absolutely! I love this car even more than I expected, and having all the required updates, I've had no issues. I am always surprised by the reaction it gets from people. I've now got the "you're getting paid too much" joke/comment from a few coworkers. One of them drives a new 3-series. I pointed out to him that mine cost no more than his and he gave a dumb "does not compute" look.

·
Registered
'17 Ti Sport Q4 w/ Active Shocks & LSD
798 Posts
yes, no doubt. 5,250 mi in 4 months...

except I would have seriously considered a QV. Just priced an exact match to my $51K NA loaded Ti Q4 model using the IT config, and it was €61.5K or $78K US.

New software at week 2, headlight adjustment and one bolt tightened is sum total of issues. That's perfect enough for me!

Yes, no doubt, I would buy again.

Reactions: Alfaholico

·
Registered
646 Posts
Watch out for the Alfalanche! The word is out. I've seen maybe 3 Giulias on the road in the past 3 months. In the last 2 days I've seen 4, all different. Definitely a statistical uptick.

I see probably 30 3-series a day, and each one looks like a blob to me (well, except the M3/M4s, those are admittedly special. Special blobs.)

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 · (Edited)
Saw one today right outside my neighborhood. Gray with lusso wheels. Very low traffic street so it was odd. We waved at each other and gave a thumbs up. Looked like a husband and wife and she was driving.

This poll is even more lopsided than I expected.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts