Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Stelvio Sport with trailer hitch
3,263 Posts
Youre not seeing 28psi at redline on stock turbo.

Giulia 2.0l redline is at 5800rpm. You have a tune that increases your redline to 6300rpm?

JB4 map 2. Cold air/ram air mod. GFB+ CAT BACK. MADNESS go pedal. Consistent logging at 25 to 28 psi at 6300 rpms......

·
Registered
3,263 Posts
40 to 90...per request from jb4 View attachment 128882
That log shows 22psi at redline. Just post the spreadsheet on Google drive and you can read the boost at 5800 but see below.

Electricity Organism Slope Font Neon

But if you want to see, again you need to grab 3rd or 4th or 5th gear and log from 2000rpm to redline. Log a single gear across the entire rev band

This is what your log should look like to show powerband...

Atmosphere Slope Rectangle Font Space

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I mean honestly not looking to argue. Maybe I don't know how to interpret these logs. But even my boost gage spikes up over 30. Does it hold...no, of course not. My whole point has always been that with the build I AM getting boosts past the stated 22.

·
Administrator
2018 Giulia Ti Sport Q4
5,190 Posts

·
Registered
3,263 Posts
Ok. One of us can't read the difference between INTAKE TEMP AND BOOST. LMFAO.
Apparently not. Royal blue line is boost as both arrows point to.

Again, its all in your xml spreadsheet of the log. Post it and ill be happy to show you

·
Administrator
2018 Giulia Ti Sport Q4
5,190 Posts
I mean honestly not looking to argue. Maybe I don't know how to interpret these logs. But even my boost gage spikes up over 30. Does it hold...no, of course not. My whole point has always been that with the build I AM getting boosts past the stated 22.
It is spiking to your peak boost at a low rpm, but there is no way that it is holding that same boost level close to redline. Blue line is boost.

·
Registered
3,263 Posts
Thats not been your point. Your point was clear...

JB4 map 2. Cold air/ram air mod. GFB+ CAT BACK. MADNESS go pedal. Consistent logging at 25 to 28 psi at 6300 rpms......
And its incorrect. No big deal.

We all know the turbo spikes at low rpm. It doesn't hold boost though. Its too small.

·
Registered
3,263 Posts
Maybe at some point it would be nice to have a phone conversation? You could probably help me understand exactly how this all works

Sure.

Here on this log its one pull from 2k rpm to 6k rpm.

You see the green line is the rpm.

Now you can pick any point aling the green rpm line and follow it down on the vertical axis to one of your variables such as boost. And thats your boost at that rpm.

Atmosphere Slope Rectangle Font Space

Slope Font Rectangle Line Parallel

Hybrid turbo

Slope Font Organism Rectangle Plot

1 - 20 of 22 Posts