Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

· Registered
2022 Giulia Veloce Q4
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have a 2022 Giulia Veloce. Considering a Mopar Max Care plan. 6yr/60k miles. $100 deductible. Offered at $1045. I wont hit the 60, 000 miles so for me it is 6 years. Is Max Care worth it and does it really provide good coverage? Anyone had a good or bad experience? Thanks for any advice!

· Registered
246 Posts
I would also recommend going 8 year if there is a chance you plan to keep it that long, but lower mileage option is fine to save money if you really know it won't be driven that much.

Also, price won't get cheaper but it also "shouldn't" increase too much if you wait a year or 2 to know you plan to keep it before you buy, assuming mileage is still low at that time and you are before the 3 year mark. You can use sites like chryslerwarrantys.com and chryslerfactoryplans.com to play around with terms and mileage/age to see how it will affect you.

· Registered
5,668 Posts
Have a 2022 Giulia Veloce. Considering a Mopar Max Care plan. 6yr/60k miles. $100 deductible. Offered at $1045. I wont hit the 60, 000 miles so for me it is 6 years. Is Max Care worth it and does it really provide good coverage? Anyone had a good or bad experience? Thanks for any advice!
Worth it. I’m also a low mileage driver (5k/year), but went with the 8 year (+4 to factory) term since I plan to keep the car. Paid about same price you are quoting, but it was almost 2 years ago. Warranty is refundable on a pro rata basis, and transferable to a private party, if your plans change.

· Registered
2018 Giulia QV Misano Blue
20 Posts
One thing to keep in mind with mopar warranty is you have to take to an Alfa dealer. The other warranties you can use pretty much any authorized shop. Maybe that’s good for some and inconvenient for others.
Are you sure? Looks like any FCA dealer is eligible.
"Plan service will be provided by the dealer who sold you the plan. In the event that you cannot return to the selling dealer for service, you may request plan service from any FCA dealer within the United States, Canada, Guam, Puerto Rico or Mexico. If you are unable to obtain plan service from an authorized dealer, call our toll-free number to receive service instructions."

· Registered
5,504 Posts
Are you sure? Looks like any FCA dealer is eligible.
"Plan service will be provided by the dealer who sold you the plan. In the event that you cannot return to the selling dealer for service, you may request plan service from any FCA dealer within the United States, Canada, Guam, Puerto Rico or Mexico. If you are unable to obtain plan service from an authorized dealer, call our toll-free number to receive service instructions."
Yes FCA. They are now stellantis so I guess things changed. They will not allow any outside service centers. Already dealt with it.

· Registered
246 Posts
I don't think I've seen that one on here before, but they are almost all linked to a physical chrysler dealer that is selling it, and any fca alfa dealer should accept it if it is the actual mopar warranty and not a 3rd party. There are several threads you can search on here where people discussed them in the past.

· Registered
2020 Alfa Romeo Giulia Sport Ti AWD
9,677 Posts
1½ years left on my warranty. I'm waiting to see what Alfa has up its sleeve for 2025 but will probably end up buying a four-year extension. No way I'll need 100,000 miles though. What I will need is Alfa parts and service conveniently close.

· Registered
458 Posts
Anyone have experience with ChryslerWarrantyDirect? And it seems that any FCA Alfa dealer should accept?
Online I found JeepFactoryWarranty less expensive than CWD. But Tom Winkels at Hayes Jeep in Michigan beat them both.

Tom Winkles at Hayes Jeep in Kalamazoo, MI
269-488-2080
[email protected]

· Registered
373 Posts
I used chryslerwarrantys.com for mine and I'm glad I bought it. Saved me about $8k in repairs so far for covered items, but of course YMMV. One thing to note, some people have said that the warranty begins from the cars in-service date but check with who you're buying the plan from. I bought a 4yr 60k mile warranty when I was at 3.5yrs, 49k miles on my car. My coverage is good until 2024 or 109k miles so it started from the purchase date in the case of my contract. Since I bought so late I paid a bit more of a premium (~$2,300).

· Registered
2018 Giulia QV Misano Blue
20 Posts
I used chryslerwarrantys.com for mine and I'm glad I bought it. Saved me about $8k in repairs so far for covered items, but of course YMMV. One thing to note, some people have said that the warranty begins from the cars in-service date but check with who you're buying the plan from. I bought a 4yr 60k mile warranty when I was at 3.5yrs, 49k miles on my car. My coverage is good until 2024 or 109k miles so it started from the purchase date in the case of my contract. Since I bought so late I paid a bit more of a premium (~$2,300).
That's what Tom Winkles is quoting me, about $2k for a 3y36k mile Added Care Plus. He told me it starts when I buy it, and my factory warranty expires Jan 23, 2023. He told me to hit him up that week to purchase.

· Registered
246 Posts
Since you were after the 3 year mark, yours is considered a used car warranty, which starts on purchase date but costs more.
If before 3 years, it is the less expensive new car warranty, starts on in-service date.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts