Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, on the fence on which to get. Don't want to regret getting either/or in a couple of months and decide I wanted it louder or quieter. I've seen at least one posting where the Monza was swapped out for the Lusso. Anyone in Central Florida with either set up to hear in person? Video clips can be deceiving.

·
Registered
82 Posts
I’m in the same boat so ill be watching this thread as well. I’m leaning towards the Lusso. The video clips makes me think the Monza is going to be a bit too loud. I also want to know if there any droning at highway speeds. I tend to blast my radio but when I’m on a phone call, I dont my exhaust to be droning along i the back ground.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Agreed. That’s the link I’ve been watching over and over. I’m in a lease so I need to know how easy the stock goes back on for when I need to turn in the car. Compared to my (former) M5, this car is better in almost every way except the sound...

·
Registered
201 Posts
There's no drone on Highway on either exhaust.

Lusso is deeper sound and at bottom range of loud. Monza is racecar loud. I think most people who want a nice louder exhaust should likely go Lusso. Monza is for when you want to be heard blocks away.

No one has ever commented to me that Lusso isn't loud enough. Even my friends who were against me changing fom monza to lusso admitted that it still sounds great and still above their own standard for what they like.

Lusso is deep and loud. Monza is wild and very loud.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I've got the Lusso on mine, about 5 months now. It's loud at cold start, but quiets down after warm up, if you've heard a 500 Abarth it is similar in volume level but the sound is deeper. There's a slight drone at highway speeds, but nothing too bad or unreasonable. I would guess the Monza is similar but louder overall.

I'm pleased with the Lusso, I don't want it any louder.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Does the stock exhaust come off easily (without cutting) so that it can go back on should one not like the Lusso or Monza?

·
Registered
‘19 Giulia Ti Sport Q4
3,887 Posts
@Kaevman, your YouTube videos of the Monza and Lusso exhausts are the best that I've seen out there, and I imagine is the swap the OP is referring to.

Monza:

Lusso:

·
Registered
201 Posts
Stock muffler is wedged in tight but comes off without cutting. It's very large.

Thanks for liking the vids! For some reason the monza video has 3.5k views lol

Btw for speed all I have I have is the Lusso and a BMC drop in filter (used obd2 Bluetooth. Is it accurate?)

Attachments

·
Registered
82 Posts
Is the stock unit one long piece that runs the length of the car or does it clamp together in various places?

As for your 0-60, does it start the timing automatically when you hit the gas and read from the speedometer or does it estimate a time based HP/Torque numbers? Ive found OBD2 readers to be very inaccurate when showing HP and Torque unless the ECU actually has that data. In the M5 I had before I got the Alfa, I had to enter all these parameters for the OBD2 reader to estimate the HP and it was way off and some of those parameters were impossible to find.

·
Registered
‘19 Giulia Ti Sport Q4
3,887 Posts
For some reason the monza video has 3.5k views lol
It's probably your local prosecutor getting all the details tight for their case against you as a neighborhood threat!

·
Registered
201 Posts
Lol! Lucky I changed to lusso. But yea I already got the ticket on the monza. Disputing tho so we'll see how that goes ...... Oh crap are u saying they may use that video in court against me? Lol omg if I show up to court and they play that.... I guess I'll just have to shut up and pay haha.

·
Registered
201 Posts
The exhaust came with clamps btw.

I used ODB doctor for that timing. Not sure how that's programmed. Currently I use ODB fusion which shows a bit faster time so I more rely on the slower time. The HP and torque reading is also odd to me as I'm not pro. Mostly it hangs at a lot lower than 280 and I haven't gotten near that on the gauges. Maybe I haven't calibrated the settings properly but w/e, those are kind of meaningless statistics to me. Just wondering how to time 0-60 most accurately.

·
Registered
82 Posts
I also use OBD Fusion as well. I don’t trust it for anything other than reading codes. HP calculations are computed based the various parameters that are in the app. In otherwords, it’s doing theoretical math. Unless you know every parameter value specific to the Alfa, it’s not going to be accurate.

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
Is the stock unit one long piece that runs the length of the car or does it clamp together in various places?
The stock exhaust has a clamped, slip joint located just behind the resonator. You can remove the rear section (it's one piece, slip joint through muffler to tips), but my shop had to remove some of the underside body panels on the passenger side to allow the tip to slip clear of the valence tip. The whole thing is in the attic now, and could easily be reinstalled.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts