Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New to the forum. I will be picking up my Giulia QV late July.
Trofeo White with 5 hole dark alloys and green and white stitching.
Question: Not sure if this has beeen covered previously but i am enquiring if anyone has has their Monza exhaust remapped to apply the louder sound in the Dynamic mode.
I understand Celtic tuning in the UK has an update but I'm unsure if the Alfa Dealers are providing this remap?
Greg

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
In Australia, are the cars badged QV in any way? Are they described by the Factory on the web or listed in print form as a QV in any way? If yes, please send images or proof of this. Here in the US, I have found none of the above.

·
Registered
2020 Alfa Romeo Giulia Sport Ti AWD
7,465 Posts
Love the Bora. Rare sight in these parts. Everywhere else, I imagine.

·
Registered
641 Posts
New to the forum. I will be picking up my Giulia QV late July.
Trofeo White with 5 hole dark alloys and green and white stitching.
Question: Not sure if this has beeen covered previously but i am enquiring if anyone has has their Monza exhaust remapped to apply the louder sound in the Dynamic mode.
I understand Celtic tuning in the UK has an update but I'm unsure if the Alfa Dealers are providing this remap?
Greg
Italcars: I should be getting my QV in August. Rosso Competizione, 5 hole dark alloys, dark grey stitching (don't know why the dealer would order with that, but he did). I am talking with a shop that is currently testing a flap controller. Here is the text of the correspondence he sent to me:

Hello Simon,

I am testing the controller on two Guilia’s at this time. The first test (from an owner in the Netherlands) has come back with positive results. I made a minor adjustment to the controller configuration and am conducted a second test (with an owner in the USA), that should have results within 2 weeks or so.

Preliminary results is that the controller will only be able to provide two modes of operation …
1. Normal (the car’s ECU controls the exhaust flap valves just it does now)
2. Always Open … you will have ability to open force the flapper valves open at all times.

The controller has the ability for a third function … Always Closed … however, in the first test when this option was enabled, the sensors in the exhaust detected too much back pressure when in RACE mode, forced an immediate Check Engine Light warning. This only occurred in RACE mode. In the second test, the Always Closed option is disabled and a different car is used for this evaluation. I am fairly confident that the second level of testing will be successful.

In summary, it is likely that for the Guilia, only two modes will be enabled (Normal and Open). This should not be a problem because when you want to have the valves closed, switching to normal mode and reducing the engine RPM will cross the threshold where the ECU will close the valves. Normally, you would want this when going fairly slow anyway.

The only disadvantage is that the Always Closed option has been a desirable option for people who track their cars at venues that limit the sound level. It is appearing that for the Guilia, I won’t be able to offer this option as the car’s sensors don’t seem to like it. Throwing a Check Engine Light will not be option for most owners. But, with the Always Open option, you will have the option to keep the valves open for that throaty exhaust note at low or high engine RPM levels.

I will notify you when I have the product ready for sale.

Kind regards,

Steve Bisel

[email protected]
480 227 3474

Forza Componenti darkdragon2-150x171
13271 E Del Timbre Drive, Scottsdale, AZ 85259
www.forzacomponenti.com

As soon as there is something available for sale, I will post info on it. Feel free to contact him yourself.

Ciao.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
AlfaAndy.
I was just been lazy calling it a QV... ... Quadrifoglio, but been Greek its to hard to say and too hard to spell

1 - 5 of 5 Posts