Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm really interested in the best spot for Springs, Wheels and anything to get some sound out of the stock piping... Either and exhaust or downpipe. Please anyone with any of that info, I would trully appreciate it.

·
Registered
580 Posts
Well, of course I suggest Eurocompulsion, also Centerline is great! I have heard good things about Alfa 9, and there are other vendors as well. Thankfully, I don't think we have any bad vendors yet in the Giulia world, not yet but they will show up.

Greg

·
Vendor
1,195 Posts
I'm really interested in the best spot for Springs, Wheels and anything to get some sound out of the stock piping... Either and exhaust or downpipe. Please anyone with any of that info, I would trully appreciate it.
There are a number of places you can get those items. We've got a few exclusive items for the Giulia If you want more information feel free to contact us.

·
Registered
1,776 Posts
Is your request just for looks or performance? Also, which model Giulia do you have?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Both... As far as looks... I'm only interested in lowering springs. Maybe a flush kit if the stock wheels are not. I have the 2017 Guilia TI. Interested in an exhaust...anything to get some sound out.
Is your request just for looks or performance? Also, which model Giulia do you have?
Sent from my LG-H830 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,776 Posts
Both... As far as looks... I'm only interested in lowering springs. Maybe a flush kit if the stock wheels are not. I have the 2017 Guilia TI. Interested in an exhaust...anything to get some sound out.

Go to the vendor section of the forum:

http://www.giuliaforums.com/forum/802-vendor-deals/

and you'll find the options that are available that actually work.

As far as lowering, the Giulia was designed by Ferrari and Maserati engineers and developed at the Ferrari development facility, including wind tunnel testing. It has the best chassis setup of any car I've ever owned or driven in the last 48 years. Mod carefully, and do it stage by stage if you do anything at all. The car 'learns' anything you do, and starts making adjustments that you don't even know about. Lowering it is going to change its airflow, as well as make it more likely to scrape something on a driveway access.

If you're really suffering from a bad case of wheel-gap-itis, you can get spacers (I know Eurocompulsion sells a set including the longer lug bolts you'll need) that will move the wheels outward. That will lessen the wheel gap as well as slightly improve the handling.

The vendor section of the forum has several options for exhaust. Each one sounds different, so be sure and listen to the sound clips to see if you can find one you like. Be aware that resonance drone at around 2,000 rpms is a known issue for many aftermarket exhausts, so if you spend time driving (as in your typical freeway commute) at around those rpms, you probably won't like the drone. You might try an axle-back exhaust first, to see if that does the trick for you. If not, you can then add the catback component, including the possibility of a straight-pipe. It'll definitely be louder. Keep your stock system in case you decide to switch back some or all of it later. As for performance, if you've done nothing else to the engine/intake, just an exhaust can add 5-10 hp.

Honestly, if you are looking for performance, adding Eurocompulsion's V2 intake and their Phase 1 tune will do far more for you than any exhaust at any price; and some of them can get pricey. Whereas an exhaust will add 5-10 hp, for about the same money Euro's intake and tune will add about 60 hp, and that's no exaggeration. I have them with the stock exhaust and they literally transform the car to a whole new level of fun. That combo isn't temperamental either, it actually improves the daily drivability of the car. Mine is my daily driver and I couldn't be happier with the Euro people and their products.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
A small favor from you please... I'm really interested in that tune and intake. So if you have the link please please. Also...I'm interested in more an Axle Back exhaust... Just need a Lil noise.
Go to the vendor section of the forum:

http://www.giuliaforums.com/forum/802-vendor-deals/

and you'll find the options that are available that actually work.

As far as lowering, the Giulia was designed by Ferrari and Maserati engineers and developed at the Ferrari development facility, including wind tunnel testing. It has the best chassis setup of any car I've ever owned or driven in the last 48 years. Mod carefully, and do it stage by stage if you do anything at all. The car 'learns' anything you do, and starts making adjustments that you don't even know about. Lowering it is going to change its airflow, as well as make it more likely to scrape something on a driveway access.

If you're really suffering from a bad case of wheel-gap-itis, you can get spacers (I know Eurocompulsion sells a set including the longer lug bolts you'll need) that will move the wheels outward. That will lessen the wheel gap as well as slightly improve the handling.

The vendor section of the forum has several options for exhaust. Each one sounds different, so be sure and listen to the sound clips to see if you can find one you like. Be aware that resonance drone at around 2,000 rpms is a known issue for many aftermarket exhausts, so if you spend time driving (as in your typical freeway commute) at around those rpms, you probably won't like the drone. You might try an axle-back exhaust first, to see if that does the trick for you. If not, you can then add the catback component, including the possibility of a straight-pipe. It'll definitely be louder. Keep your stock system in case you decide to switch back some or all of it later. As for performance, if you've done nothing else to the engine/intake, just an exhaust can add 5-10 hp.

Honestly, if you are looking for performance, adding Eurocompulsion's V2 intake and their Phase 1 tune will do far more for you than any exhaust at any price; and some of them can get pricey. Whereas an exhaust will add 5-10 hp, for about the same money Euro's intake and tune will add about 60 hp, and that's no exaggeration. I have them with the stock exhaust and they literally transform the car to a whole new level of fun. That combo isn't temperamental either, it actually improves the daily drivability of the car. Mine is my daily driver and I couldn't be happier with the Euro people and their products.

·
Registered
1,776 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Here's the tune thread: http://www.giuliaforums.com/forum/8...romeo-giulia-2-0l-tuning-official-thread.html

Here's the V2 intake thread: http://www.giuliaforums.com/forum/8...ction-system-giulia-2-0l-official-thread.html

Here's their website: https://shopeurocompulsion.net

As you'll note, a lot of us have bought from them; they're good people with good products.
I truly appreciate you Man... I work 12 hr shifts and at work now so your saving me with these links... I'll check them as soon as I leave.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Vlad,

I'm Eric, Sales Manager and Senior Tehnical Advisor for MADNESS.

There's a few different directions you can go in regards to most of the mods you're interested in. Obviously, I'm biased toward what we at MADNESS Autoworks offer, but I'm more invested in finding people the right combination of parts for their Giulia and comfort levels.

As far as performance goes, we specialize in affordable plug-and-play modules units that can be stacked for greater effect, and uninstalled without a trace in the event of an office checkup. I'll include links to the most popular ones below, in addition to my preferred exhaust from the many we carry.

Drop me a line directly - I'm happy to expand on what we can do for you, and perhaps put together a package that's best for your Giulia in particular.

[email protected] // (512) 982-9393 #202

Lusso Exhaust by MADNESS Autoworks

MAXPower ECM

MADNESS GOPedal

We've got more info these products, and more, on our Youtube Channel. I'd recommend taking a look at the video for installing the MAXPower ECM, just to give you an idea of what you'd be in for. I'd link you directly, but it seems to keep wanting to embed the video as a whole - which may be a bit disruptive as far as keeping dialogue open on this thread.

Also, to skip intros, just fast forward to the 53 second mark. :smile2:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts