Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all. Apologies if this isn't the right place for the query but I couldn't see a better place!

I purchased an approved used 2017 Speciale earlier in the year. I've just discovered (and feel stupid it's taken so long) that it was sold with rear tyres that are RFT, but the front ones aren't. I was under the impression that this shouldn't be done for safety reasons and obviously this isn't standard spec. I can't see any information on what the inspection covers or the Alfa Romeo policy on tyres. Does anyone have any advice/input?

Have contacted the dealership but not heard back yet.

·
Registered
666 Posts
You don’t say if they are the same make and model of tires (i.e. different tread patterns as well) but non run flats mixed with run flats is a big no no. You should push for a matching set of tires.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks - they are indeed different brands. Pirelli on the back, and Davanti on the front.

·
Administrator
2018 Giulia Ti Sport Q4
4,111 Posts
As long as the diameters are close, it's jsut fine to have a mix between the front and rear. Never left and right though.

·
Administrator
2018 Giulia Ti Sport Q4
4,111 Posts
...unless they are of drastically different performance levels, than I'd be more concerned.

·
Registered
112 Posts
I would say that, unless Alfa Romeo CPO cars are to have new, matching tires, and that they broke that contract, that you're stuck with them if you've already purchased the car. Lesson learned to always check tires buying a used car.

·
Premium Member
2,251 Posts
Hello all. Apologies if this isn't the right place for the query but I couldn't see a better place!

I purchased an approved used 2017 Speciale earlier in the year. I've just discovered (and feel stupid it's taken so long) that it was sold with rear tyres that are RFT, but the front ones aren't. I was under the impression that this shouldn't be done for safety reasons and obviously this isn't standard spec. I can't see any information on what the inspection covers or the Alfa Romeo policy on tyres. Does anyone have any advice/input?

Have contacted the dealership but not heard back yet.
What exactly is an "approved car" and who approved it?
I know in the U.S. if its a manufacturer CPO ( certified pre owned) then there is a specific list of what is acceptable and what is not... and you should get a copy of that at the time of purchase showing the items that were checked and that they all met the requirements

1 - 7 of 7 Posts