Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

Just received my QV on Friday and driving it all weekend. Amazing car. However, I noticed it was missing the aforementioned package to my dismay. I went back to the dealership and they confirmed it even though the order sheet was all in order. They have been very nice and prompt during all of this so far and currently speaking with head office. Just wondering if anyone else encountered this on a custom order and what happened next. The best result would be to order a brand new car as I ordered it and continue driving my car as is until the new one arrived. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
That is an interesting question......
they might buy it back and make you wait till the new one comes in.......
I doubt that would let you drive it for 6 months and then take it back to give you a correctly ordered one......but you never know, keep us posted on what the dealership will do for you.....
Good luck!

·
Registered
343 Posts
If they let you order a new one you'll be getting a MY18 which may have more equipment you want. I would it hard to believe a dealer would let you keep driving it, too, unless you come to an agreed upon trade in price for it, which I'm sure would be a big loss in value for you. But, who knows. Maybe you can work a big discount for the mess up on the order.

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
Yes, I would demand a discount. Remove the charge for the package and keep the car as it arrived. This assumes the rest of the car is as you ordered it. For me that outweighs anything available in showrooms now or the long additional wait.

Reactions: GiuliaQV and anoop

·
Registered
33 Posts
Yes, I would demand a discount. Remove the charge for the package and keep the car as it arrived. This assumes the rest of the car is as you ordered it. For me that outweighs anything available in showrooms now or the long additional wait.
I agree with this assuming the package in question is not a deal breaker for the OP. Get a refund for the package cost + some additional goodwill money. If you plan to keep the car, a free extended warranty to 100K miles would be a nice goodwill gesture. Doesn't cost them anything if the car holds up!!

·
Registered
69 Posts
Nato - how attached are you to all of the features of the Dynamic assist package? In your test drives, were you able to experience each feature of the package?

Reason I ask is that this may be a blessing in disguise, and perhaps may work in your favor as others suggested. Not just in getting a better deal on the Giulia that was delivered, but perhaps also in your long term enjoyment of the Giulia because there are mixed opinions about the driving assist package.

When looking for my Giulia across dealer inventories, I specifically ruled out models that had the Dynamic assist package installed. Not a knock against Alfa Romeo's programming of these functionalities, but moreso in general, I find that it's a more peaceful and satisfying drive when I don't have to be mindful of keeping the driver aid computer happy (and silent) on top of abiding by road rules.

In past vehicles I've owned, and even when I rent vehicles on business trips, I've been very discriminating in trying to avoid cars with active lane departure warning systems, collision warnings, etc... more than once I've turned right back around when nearing the exit of a National Car rental lot when I hear those sensors come on, and switched rental cars.

·
Banned
264 Posts
Nato - how attached are you to all of the features of the Dynamic assist package? In your test drives, were you able to experience each feature of the package?

Reason I ask is that this may be a blessing in disguise, and perhaps may work in your favor as others suggested. Not just in getting a better deal on the Giulia that was delivered, but perhaps also in your long term enjoyment of the Giulia because there are mixed opinions about the driving assist package.

When looking for my Giulia across dealer inventories, I specifically ruled out models that had the Dynamic assist package installed. Not a knock against Alfa Romeo's programming of these functionalities, but moreso in general, I find that it's a more peaceful and satisfying drive when I don't have to be mindful of keeping the driver aid computer happy (and silent) on top of abiding by road rules.

In past vehicles I've owned, and even when I rent vehicles on business trips, I've been very discriminating in trying to avoid cars with active lane departure warning systems, collision warnings, etc... more than once I've turned right back around when nearing the exit of a National Car rental lot when I hear those sensors come on, and switched rental cars.
The lane departure warning can be turned off...the collision warning system will not engage or even beep if you set it to low sensitivity unless you are driving like a complete idiot.....
The safety systems also provide an insurance discount..

·
Supporting Vendor
691 Posts
The lane departure warning can be turned off...the collision warning system will not engage or even beep if you set it to low sensitivity unless you are driving like a complete idiot.....
The safety systems also provide an insurance discount..
This is my feelings exactly about these systems. I have them all set to the lowest setting, so they rarely bother me, but it's nice to know they are there in the background in case something goes wrong. The cross path detection just went off for the first time ever the other day, and it was not intrusive at all.

·
Registered
29 Posts

Collision detection with stop is now standard on the Quadrifoglio BTW

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
This is my feelings exactly about these systems. I have them all set to the lowest setting, so they rarely bother me, but it's nice to know they are there in the background in case something goes wrong. The cross path detection just went off for the first time ever the other day, and it was not intrusive at all.
I'm assuming the ability to reduce the sensitivity of the lane departure is in the settings menu....

·
Registered
735 Posts
My opinion is a bit different. If the OP has ordered a car with the DAP obviously he was interested in having it and willing to pay the additional charges. The reasons behind it are not relevant.

AR and the dealership haven't delivered so technically speaking they have breached the P&S agreement. Of course this was not intentional, however the OP can make demand for compensation.

If I were the OP I would put it in writing demanding what AR and the dealership think it's fair to do and evaluate
their offer.

Personally I think that AR should offer to retrofit the DAP plus some compensation for the inconvenience. If not possible, they should offer to order a new Q with the correct options WHILE the OP is still driving the current Q. The translation should be inclusive of any fees and taxes
As a final alternative if the OP agrees to keep the current vehicle they should offer a substantial compensation and I mean in the thousands.

I'm referring to AR and the dealership but part of the process should also be about finding who is ultimately responsible for the mistake. I suspect AR is but that is just a guess.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hey guys,

Thanks for all the replies. I agree with the last message on here. I have discussed with the general manager at the dealership and he had spoken with head office and is awatiing a reply. From the discussion we have had he is on my side and fighting for the appropriate resolution. Also, the error was on Alfa Romeo and not the dealership as we reviewed the intial order and confirmation from the factory. So maybe this is in my favour as they likely have deeper pockets to please the customer. I will let you guys know what happens. A bonus would be a new car with Android auto as I would use that option daily. I didn't wait for the 2018 as I was told it would be a software update. Regardless we will see what happens. Talk soon.

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
My opinion is a bit different. If the OP has ordered a car with the DAP obviously he was interested in having it and willing to pay the additional charges. The reasons behind it are not relevant.

AR and the dealership haven't delivered so technically speaking they have breached the P&S agreement. Of course this was not intentional, however the OP can make demand for compensation.

If I were the OP I would put it in writing demanding what AR and the dealership think it's fair to do and evaluate
their offer.

Personally I think that AR should offer to retrofit the DAP plus some compensation for the inconvenience. If not possible, they should offer to order a new Q with the correct options WHILE the OP is still driving the current Q. The translation should be inclusive of any fees and taxes
As a final alternative if the OP agrees to keep the current vehicle they should offer a substantial compensation and I mean in the thousands.

I'm referring to AR and the dealership but part of the process should also be about finding who is ultimately responsible for the mistake. I suspect AR is but that is just a guess.

I hate being stupid....OP = ?????

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
OK good luck Nato. Having Alfa ship the parts to retrofit later may be best. That way you can drive the car and the hassle is on them. Just bring it in when they are ready.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Hey guys once again,

More news. Spoke with GM at the dealership. Head office has 2 options. 1. Car coming over in ship right now matches my ordered car except wheels which will be just swapped from mine. It belongs to another dealership so might not happen. 2. Head office ordered 2018 to my custom order as previous, building right now, delivery in October.

For both options I continue to use my original car until new ride arrives. Everything worked out and Alfa Romeo (dealership and head office) have been splendid and made things right on their dime. Amazing customer service.

PS. I don't have the option to choose which one happens, all depends if number 1 fails.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Just to update anyone who is interested. Picked up the new 2017 QV finally as ordered. Was able to drive the initial one for 2 months. Amazing customer service to correct the issue. Very pleased.

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
Wow, wonderful. So was this the one with the wheel swap? Bravo Alfa Romeo. :D

1 - 20 of 21 Posts