Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
TL;DR Replacement Purge Control Valve solved the misfiring and rough patches.

The Car: 2018 Giulia Sport RWD, Eurocompulsion V2 Intake, Turbosmart BOV, 27k miles

A few months back the issue started with a single misfire, accompanying CEL and Service Electronic Throttle message. Took the car to my local Alfa dealership, scanned it and indicated updates were available and recommended. Turned the car in and had all updates installed. The issue was only fixed for a few days until the CEL came back on and the car would would very occasionally run rough.

After it came on again, the car was scanned but nothing came of that CEL. Sometimes the CEL would turn off on the way to the dealer. The situation was frustrating but fortunately I caught it at the right time and the dealer was able to diagnose a faulty Purge Control Valve. Upon getting the car back, I found it to be buttery smooth again. After two weeks of having the car back, it has remained buttery smooth without the slightest hesitation.

Regards,
Missile Lawx

·
Registered
73 Posts
TL;DR Replacement Purge Control Valve solved the misfiring and rough patches.

The Car: 2018 Giulia Sport RWD, Eurocompulsion V2 Intake, Turbosmart BOV, 27k miles

A few months back the issue started with a single misfire, accompanying CEL and Service Electronic Throttle message. Took the car to my local Alfa dealership, scanned it and indicated updates were available and recommended. Turned the car in and had all updates installed. The issue was only fixed for a few days until the CEL came back on and the car would would very occasionally run rough.

After it came on again, the car was scanned but nothing came of that CEL. Sometimes the CEL would turn off on the way to the dealer. The situation was frustrating but fortunately I caught it at the right time and the dealer was able to diagnose a faulty Purge Control Valve. Upon getting the car back, I found it to be buttery smooth again. After two weeks of having the car back, it has remained buttery smooth without the slightest hesitation.

Regards,
Missile Lawx
View attachment 100765
When you say purge control valve are you talking about the diverter valve/bov on the charge pipe.

·
Registered
2018 Q4 with Fiamenghi Ti exhaust, Race Mod, and Tecnico wheels.
7,670 Posts
The purge control valve should be part of the evaporative emissions control system.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I couldn't tell you the particulars since I didn't speak with the tech directly. I'm merely echoing what the rep said to me.
The car had thrown the U1008 LIN BUS communication fault code, that much I can add.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts