Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
There is a former NYAROC President that has relocated to Scottsdale and has a Misano Blue Quad on order...Would this be you Joe ? D

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
No that wouldn't be me!

But more Alfas in Scottsdale can't be a bad thing!

There is a former NYAROC President that has relocated to Scottsdale and has a Misano Blue Quad on order...Would this be you Joe ? D

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I've had it since 2003, and I am the second owner. It is original in about every way, except for some minor rust repair in 2012 (nothing serious, just killing off whatever had started around the windscreen so that it wouldn't be a problem in the future).

I used it as my daily driver for many years--once sorted correctly, the Spica fuel injection really works well. I recently rebuild the entire braking system (new calipers, hoses, master cylinder), and this spring I'll be tearing the suspension apart to replace all of the 40 year old rubber bits that don't really work as well as they did when new.

So, like any 40 year old car, it needs a little love here and there. But otherwise, it's a dream--runs smooth up to redline and handles like a dream.

How long have you had the Alfetta? How is it, mechanically, to own?

Reactions: Max

·
Registered
41 Posts
ciao !!! this is fabrizio nuvolari from "salazar alfa romeo ( we met on day you picked up QV )
one of my favored alfa romeos - alfetta & of course GTV6
would you post GTV6 foto ???
also , i need someone to drive away this 4C spider , some one deserevs to have it .
glad to know there is - alfista- in scottsdale .
i have been with alfa romeo practically all life .
" once you got a virus you can't get it out "
best wishes / 305-318-5264 fabrizio / [email protected]/

·
Registered
41 Posts
ciao !!!
to ONETHUMB !
would love to see your GTV6 one day , i could meet you anywhere in scottsdale .
i miss DE-DION suspension & V6 pure alfa all alluminum 90" engine.
ti saluto .fabrizio

·
Registered
71 Posts
I had a 1976 Alfetta sedan. It was truly one of the best handling cars I have ever owned. The only issue were those in-board rear brakes...tough to service...but added to the magical handling. They were underpowered..with the 2000 engine. What they lacked in power they made up for in handing.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Hi Fabrizio---you guys were a great place to buy my Giulia from. Hector Salazar is a good businessman. He gave me a loaner Giulia for 2 weeks while I waited for mine to come in, after I sold my Audi. I've never heard of such good service.

That 4C is a beautiful car! It needs a good home. The Rosso red paint is awesome on that car.

My advice to anyone on this forum would be to give Salazar Alfa a call. They were really great to me.

ciao !!! this is fabrizio nuvolari from "salazar alfa romeo ( we met on day you picked up QV )
one of my favored alfa romeos - alfetta & of course GTV6
would you post GTV6 foto ???
also , i need someone to drive away this 4C spider , some one deserevs to have it .
glad to know there is - alfista- in scottsdale .
i have been with alfa romeo practically all life .
" once you got a virus you can't get it out "
best wishes / 305-318-5264 fabrizio / [email protected]/

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
With a bit of work, those old 2000 engines can make decent power. 160-170 seems to be about the sweet spot for the old Alfettas. Enough to break the wheels loose here and there, but not so much that you need major changes to everything underneath. Add a slightly thicker sway bar (mine is a Milano Verde bar), Koni shocks and magnesium Panasport rims, and you have a really fun car.

And yes, I cannot print here what I've said about those rear brakes.

I had a 1976 Alfetta sedan. It was truly one of the best handling cars I have ever owned. The only issue were those in-board rear brakes...tough to service...but added to the magical handling. They were underpowered..with the 2000 engine. What they lacked in power they made up for in handing.

·
Registered
41 Posts
ciao !
glad you are happy with everything - servoce & care at " salazar alfa romeo "
sure it will be talk of town - misano blue QV !!!
definitly want to see your gtv6 ,sometime.
& as you all know that DE-DION set up in alfetta/gtv/sz is from 1951 alfetta 159 race car / world champion
with juan manuel fangio . rear wheels in any condition at 90' to ground, that is why they handle !!!!!!!
( & again, could use all of you assist to get 4C spider rosso competizione out of my view,i need a piece of mind , please )
$ 200 lunch/dinner on me for reference
codiali saluti a TE /onethumb
buona fortuna in tutto !

·
Premium Member
2,086 Posts
lovely congrats! that's the spec i'd go for in a QV :) Now please make the neighbors basketball hoop disappear, it's lined up perfectly! ;)

·
Registered
641 Posts
FINALLY! Ordered July 15th.

Pictured here side by side with my 1978 Alfetta Sport Sedan.
Gorgeous with the blue and the yellow calipers. If that combo was available when I bought my Quad, I think I would have probably chosen the same.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts