Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Ti Sport Q2
1,183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1. When I click on a link in the Recent Discussions section, I'd like to go to the last page of the discussion (or, if possible, the last post I had read in that thread).... instead of going to the first post in the thread.

2. Is it (or would it be possible) to get a dark theme for the desktop site (the mobile site seems to have that option).... and could the site remember the preference so that anytime I log on it automatically uses the dark/light/whatever theme preference?

Cheers

·
Registered
2,988 Posts
1. When I click on a link in the Recent Discussions section, I'd like to go to the last page of the discussion (or, if possible, the last post I had read in that thread).... instead of going to the first post in the thread.
I can't find any link, button or heading labeled 'Recent Discussions'. I use 'Subscriptions'. Tell me where or how you get to 'Recent Discussions' please.

In 'User CP', is a section named 'Edit Options'. About half way down is 'Thread Display Options'. Here you can adjust the sort order. At the bottom of the page is the 'Save Changes' button.

2. Is it (or would it be possible) to get a dark theme for the desktop site (the mobile site seems to have that option).... and could the site remember the preference so that anytime I log on it automatically uses the dark/light/whatever theme preference?
In 'User CP', is a section named 'Edit Options'. Near the bottom of the page it says, 'Forum Skin'. This may help, or not.

At the top of 'User CP' is a tab for 'Customize Profile'. In that section you have near full control over every color and style you want. It's not pre-made themes, it's you playing with, and setting each part of your viewing screen.

By sure to use the 'Save Changes' button at the bottom of the page.

Let me know if you need anymore help please.

·
Registered
2020 Alfa Romeo Giulia Sport Ti AWD
7,482 Posts
I can't find any link, button or heading labeled 'Recent Discussions'. I use 'Subscriptions'. Tell me where or how you get to 'Recent Discussions' please.
Active topics?

·
Registered
2018 Vulcano Black Giulia Quadrifoglio
4,443 Posts
Or perhaps the new posts button. That's what I use

Reactions: Chipshot

·
Registered
2018 Ti Sport Q2
1,183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It's labeled 'Recent Discussions', and is to the right of these posts... here's a screenshot...
I use it to see which threads have been updated recently, but when i click on the link, it goes to the first post on the first page, and then i have to click on the last-page link to go to the most recent post.

I'll check out the style options in depth.

Cheers

Attachments

·
Registered
2018 Ti Sport Q2
1,183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
In 'User CP', is a section named 'Edit Options'. Near the bottom of the page it says, 'Forum Skin'. This may help, or not.

The only options i have are 'full' and 'mobile' skins, which change the entire layout (either desktop/mobile layouts). I'd only like to change the background to black and the text to white (not switch the layout of the site), if that makes sense?

At the top of 'User CP' is a tab for 'Customize Profile'. In that section you have near full control over every color and style you want. It's not pre-made themes, it's you playing with, and setting each part of your viewing screen.

I can't seem to find 'Customize Profile' in the User CP.

·
Registered
2020 Alfa Romeo Giulia Sport Ti AWD
7,482 Posts
It's labeled 'Recent Discussions', and is to the right of these posts... here's a screenshot...
I use it to see which threads have been updated recently, but when i click on the link, it goes to the first post on the first page, and then i have to click on the last-page link to go to the most recent post.
I use that, too, though it's too short a list when there's abundant activity.

·
Registered
2,988 Posts

The only options i have are 'full' and 'mobile' skins, which change the entire layout (either desktop/mobile layouts). I'd only like to change the background to black and the text to while (not switch the layout of the site), if that makes sense?

I can't seem to find 'Customize Profile' in the User CP.
Yes, white on black makes since.

Perhaps I'm seeing something that's not offered to the regular user. As a moderator, I have more options, but most have to do with moving, editing or deleting threads and posts.

·
Registered
2018 Ti Sport Q2
1,183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
[

Yes, white on black makes since.

Perhaps I'm seeing something that's not offered to the regular user. As a moderator, I have more options, but most have to do with moving, editing or deleting threads and posts.
Yeah thats probably the case. Im not sure if you can see it, but if you open the site on an iphone you can choose a "dark mode" somewhere, and it looks better(to me) than the default deaktop colors.

H ere are a couple of screen shots...

Attachments

·
Registered
2,988 Posts
Yeah thats probably the case. Im not sure if you can see it, but if you open the site on an iphone you can choose a "dark mode" somewhere, and it looks better(to me) than the default deaktop colors.

H ere are a couple of screen shots...
Big difference between mobile controls and desktop controls. I have an Android phone, not sure if that matters or not for this discussion.

I just now changed my phone view to dark with white font. That's a dark color, not a true black.

Let's see if I can retrace my steps:
- Log on and it starts at 'Forum Index'.
- Regardless of this page, in the upper right corner is three dots, touch the dots. (On my screen, there's a white bar with three dots and just below that is a red bar with three dots. The red bar is for the forum, the white bar is for the browser.)
- Touch the three dots in the red bar and then touch 'settings'.
- Now, you should have access to your mobile display settings.
- Theme can be dark or light.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.