Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner

Milltek catback exhaust - feedback please!

30K views 125 replies 25 participants last post by  Avnyc11 
#1 ·
Hi all, can anyone give their feedback on this exhaust system? I have heard clips on youtube and prefer it to the Remus but unfortunately have not heard one in person....

#107 · (Edited)
Good to hear. You're on the factory resonator (no x-pipe), right? I see they offer a "valved" front pipe-back and a "EC Approved" front pipe-back. Does that mean you don't get the factory valve functionality? Do you HAVE to buy the valve controller?

Zero drone with valves open in race/D or valves closed in N/D. Havent tried valves open in N where the revs are lower.
Great!

Does either of you have any videos of the car accelerating under load from outside? The Milltek video on YouTube sounds phenomenal but I'm curious how accurate it is or how much it's been processed.Any rough idea on how much louder your setups are than stock?

Any photos of the rear? Really debating which tip finish I prefer. I think I'm leaning towards the brushed aluminum or black cerakote.

#110 ·
Interesting. Both the other guys said absolutely no drone. I love the sound in the video, but I've always liked high-pitched "scream-like" exhausts. I realize that's impossible with this car's design, but I would hate to buy the Milltek and not love the sound in person.

#113 · (Edited)
I have had the system for a while now, but haven't been driving as much :(
Anyway, I have the stock Xpipe and have done the valve modification such that the valves are always open (but I can reach into the undertray area and quickly change that). I like the "open flap" sound, and w/ or w/o the Milltek and really felt that the flaps closed sound was lacking.
I'll try to take some videos under load. It sounds overall similar to the video I guess, it's really hard to equate a video like that with real-life in my experience though.

I don't have any drone, but my system may be different than many who get the Milltek, I elected to keep the stock Xpipe, partly because I thought (maybe I was right ;maybe I was wrong) that it would help prevent droning.

I am still not overall how sure I am about the barking noise on shifts, I am still not sure I am a fan of this, but this is the sound of the car even w/ the stock setup. This seems to be the norm nowadays on cars with high boost turbos, I guess. One thing I don't like is the sound with the flaps open on cold start, it's just very loud and not smooth. I wonder if there's a way to just disable the cold-start cycle (first 20 or so seconds), I did this on my M3 and it sounded a lot better IMO.

#116 ·
I have had the system for a while now, but haven't been driving as much :(
Anyway, I have the stock Xpipe and have done the valve modification such that the valves are always open (but I can reach into the undertray area and quickly change that). I like the "open flap" sound, and w/ or w/o the Milltek and really felt that the flaps closed sound was lacking.
I'll try to take some videos under load. It sounds overall similar to the video I guess, it's really hard to equate a video like that with real-life in my experience though.

I don't have any drone, but my system may be different than many who get the Milltek, I elected to keep the stock Xpipe, partly because I thought (maybe I was right ;maybe I was wrong) that it would help prevent droning.

I am still not overall how sure I am about the barking noise on shifts, I am still not sure I am a fan of this, but this is the sound of the car even w/ the stock setup. This seems to be the norm nowadays on cars with high boost turbos, I guess. One thing I don't like is the sound with the flaps open on cold start, it's just very loud and not smooth. I wonder if there's a way to just disable the cold-start cycle (first 20 or so seconds), I did this on my M3 and it sounded a lot better IMO.
On both of my previous cars (manual transmission, might be a factor) you could disable the cold start by applying like 2% throttle while pressing the start button.

Does it do more or less of the shift burps now?

#117 ·
I think the burps/blips/whatever are of the same frequency. As to the cold start stuff, the only way I've been able to work around that was to shift quickly into R or D after starting, this stops the cold cycle. I would like it to just go away completely, however, even for things like remote start :)

#119 ·
I think the burps/blips/whatever are of the same frequency.
Cool, thanks for the feedback. Looking forward to any videos you're able to find, no worries if you can't. I think I'm going to buy the Milltek cat-back (including the x-pipe) and the Milltek sound controller so I can have the valves open in D (I absolutely want them closed in N on the highway).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.