Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner

Milltek catback exhaust - feedback please!

30K views 125 replies 25 participants last post by  Avnyc11 
#1 ·
Hi all, can anyone give their feedback on this exhaust system? I have heard clips on youtube and prefer it to the Remus but unfortunately have not heard one in person....

#46 · (Edited)
QV with front pipe back Milltek, flaps open always (home depot hack):

Cold start in garage:
https://youtu.be/Le5VJMY8kFo

Just after cold start (about 1 minute), with all windows up in garage, flaps open:

Just after cold start (about 1.5 minute), with all windows up except for drivers window down, in garage, flaps open:
https://youtu.be/sK5hpHA8yDk
Thanks for posting but the second and third videos had no audio

Edit: at Max volume, I hear the faintest sound. Not sure what the issue is.

#51 ·
Ok I figured out the problem, if the car is connected via bluetooth there's no audio. I don't know why exactly, maybe the Mic in the car is used and it's cancelling the car noise?

Here's a small rev video, in the garage, flaps open, car wasn't "warm" but had gone through the warm up cycle.

#52 ·
Ok I figured out the problem, if the car is connected via bluetooth there's no audio. I don't know why exactly, maybe the Mic in the car is used and it's cancelling the car noise?

Here's a small rev video, in the garage, flaps open, car wasn't "warm" but had gone through the warm up cycle.

I think you hit the nail on the head. I like this exhaust but do I like it for 3k

#53 ·
I think it sounds better than the centerline, which I have heard. interestingly there was a small rattle with the stock exhaust that I heard under the right conditions and now it’s gone. Not sure if it was a clamp that caused it or something else in the stock system.

these systems are all too pricey, but I blame that on the lack of the mass production. if someone like corsa or Borla starts making these maybe the overall prices would go down...but that won‘t happen either.

someone asked if I would add the xpipe. I am driving with the valves open, so there’s plenty of decibels here... maybe it would be different if I didn’t have the flaps always open.

the cold start with valves open and this exhaust is loud and not exactly smooth..,i wonder if there’s a way to get rid of the cold start cycle in the ECU? I did that on the m3.

I’ll make some more videos in a while.

#54 ·
I think it sounds better than the centerline, which I have heard. interestingly there was a small rattle with the stock exhaust that I heard under the right conditions and now it’s gone. Not sure if it was a clamp that caused it or something else in the stock system.

these systems are all too pricey, but I blame that on the lack of the mass production. if someone like corsa or Borla starts making these maybe the overall prices would go down...but that won‘t happen either.

someone asked if I would add the xpipe. I am driving with the valves open, so there’s plenty of decibels here... maybe it would be different if I didn’t have the flaps always open.

the cold start with valves open and this exhaust is loud and not exactly smooth..,i wonder if there’s a way to get rid of the cold start cycle in the ECU? I did that on the m3.

I’ll make some more videos in a while.
You have the stock resonator mid pipe?

I wonder how much that would add, I guess what I'm wondering is how much the axel back adds since I already have the x pipe lol

#56 ·
I tried that with mine but don't think I was being very accurate with it. I think I was in the 80s, but that was windows down in a tight garage on cold start

#59 ·
Mikoz, Thanks for the video. Very interested in this one. The sound is what I am looking for. The stock sound needs some improvement. Is this the catback or midback Milltek exhaust? Are those the carbon tips? Where did you purchase? Labor hours to install? Are you concerned about warranty?

#60 ·
I think I covered all of that earlier, but here are the answers to your questions:
Front pipe back, not catback
Yes carbon.
Overseas vendor via ebay.
4 hours.
I asked this of the service manager and he said no. It's hard to imagine a dealer fighting you on an exhaust for warranty claims. If it had touched the cats, they said it would be a problem and they wouldn't even do it.

#72 ·
Anyone bought from this site before. Seems really cheap. At this price for the axel back, it's hard not to jump on it

#73 ·
Demon Tweeks supply a lot of performance products for motorbikes and cars in the UK. I purchased my Remus axleback from them and I am in the UK. If you are anywhere in the EU the prices include a 20% tax (VAT). You will probably pay the untaxed rate of £1600 GBP so about $2000 plus shipping and import charges perhaps. They have been around for ages here.

#78 ·
If you can get them to send the goods by Post, most times you can avoid paying the duty fee. It they use UPS or Fedex, you will be hit with the fee 100% of the time.

#79 ·
Mikoz video sold me on the Milltek. About a week and a half till i get my axle back (will mate to my Centerline Xpipe). Like that the valved portion bypasses the muffler unlike the (Remus, Tubi, GThaus and Ragazzon). Now i need to figure out how to remove the bumper..anyone have any instructions for the QV they can send me?

#80 ·
I'm excited to hear your setup since I'm debating to do the same with my x pipe.

Where did you order yours from, and no chance you're in the NYC area are you?

#87 · (Edited)
Definately adds bass to the tone. I dont think any design with a large muffler will get the pitch higher. I also agree its plenty loud for me w the valves open. Wish i would have tried this exhaust w the test pipes as the picth would have been higher and raspier but couldnt deal w the smell or check engine light

#90 ·
Don't suppose you know the actual amount?

I measured in my garage on cold start with the driver window down only, valves open, and x-pipe and got 84db

#91 ·
I already posted dB readings in this thread.

it’s both louder and deeper.
rhe thing I really dislike about thewhole qv exhaust is that the pitch doesn’t change much with rpm. I don’t think a cat back or similar exhaust can fix that, it’s a function of the engine design.
I miss the note of the m3 e90. :(

#92 ·
I already posted dB readings in this thread.

it’s both louder and deeper.
rhe thing I really dislike about thewhole qv exhaust is that the pitch doesn’t change much with rpm. I don’t think a cat back or similar exhaust can fix that, it’s a function of the engine design.
I miss the note of the m3 e90. :(
That's right you did. 87db. That's close to the x pipe at cold start. I wonder what stock db is.

Yeah the e90 was great. Was close to owning one but the timing didn't work out

#98 ·
This is now my new favorite exhaust. I tried asking the YouTuber but no reply as to whether or not the car is tuned

#100 ·
Gthaus seems to have seasonal sales. I'm hoping the price drops lower later in the year for the titanium catback sgt

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.