Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner

1 - 20 of 78 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, can anyone give their feedback on this exhaust system? I have heard clips on youtube and prefer it to the Remus but unfortunately have not heard one in person....

·
Registered
2,061 Posts
They both sound nice but I'm still a fan of the stock sound which is why I've opted for the x-pipe

·
Registered
576 Posts
Fan of the stock exhaust, but if the Milltek sounds like that in real life, I'd prefer that. Not impressed with the Remus at all.

·
Registered
110 Posts
When I had my Focus RS, I had the milltek system on it and it was perfection. I was very impressed with the craftmanship of it and the sound seemingly got better every month. If I was deadset on keeping my QV long term, I'd be hard pressed to not pull the trigger on this system

·
Registered
2,061 Posts
I posted in another thread last night. I listened to milltek again and think it's my new favorite of all the exhausts

·
Registered
2,061 Posts
I was set on the centerline x pipe but that milltek sounds fantastic. Love their products on the VAG cars I’ve owned.
I have the x pipe. It is a lot less money but I agree that milltek sounds awesome

Check out my x-pipe sound comparison video here

·
Registered
30 Posts
I also love the stradale based on their video posted above. It might actually be perfect with catted downpipes for me as far as style (tips), sound and retaining a valve. But it’s a big investment, I think the xpipe will hold me over for a while.

·
Registered
31 Posts
My brother has the Milltek on his Giulia Veloce 280hp, it sounds amazingly good with open flaps, like a little QV. I think on the Quad it will sound amazing, Milltek really nailed the sound on the 2.0. Another friend of mine has on his 2.0 Giulia 200 hp the Ragazzon and it is by far not the sound my brother has with the Milltek.

·
Registered
2,061 Posts
Does anyone know why milltek chose to go with a straight pipe mid section and not an x-ray pipe?

Also their split angle between the external bypass and muffler looks very of shallow, like it would cause more gas to flow into the muffler. All that aside, the video does make it sound amazing. For comparison, the supersprint exhaust also has straight midpipes and their exhaust video also sounds amazing, though I suspect they are using catless DPs in that video.

Depending on the tips you choose, the milltek is on the lower end of the price spectrum too. Milltek is now top of my list!

·
Registered
265 Posts
I just had it installed on my '19 QV. I also have the "home depot valve hack" as well (valves away open).
I went with front pipe back, not cat-back. Carbon tips.

First, while I should have noticed this when ordering, the outlet pipes aren't staggered in height as with the stock setup (staggered meaning the pipes on each side are different heights), so you do kind of lose that look. It looks to be a tiny bit staggered but not very much. The hardware for the clamp of the tip is somewhat visible too because there's now an opening where the pipe normally sat. I would have preferred the staggering and feel kind of silly for not researching that.

I had it done at the dealer because I don't have a lift and I think they may have overcharged me a bit, (they took the maximum estimate for the work from the milltek site) I should have negotiated a lower upfront price. A few indy shops I checked with didn't want to touch it because of bumper removal requirement.

Very very strong burning smell first 5 minutes... thought actually there was something wrong. But it went away.

I've only got 10 minutes on it so far, but my first impression is that it's 20% louder and the tone is much deeper. Overall, I would say it moved the needle towards what I would consider to be more American V-8 in tone, but not in actual sound (this engine will never sound like an American V-8 obviously). No change in pops/bangs/crackles (whatever you want to call it) that I can see. However, maybe I'm just imagining it, but it did seem a little peppier before 3k rpm (need more time to see if that's real). I will take it up into the higher RPMs in the next couple days.

·
Registered
62 Posts
My brother has the Milltek on his Giulia Veloce 280hp, it sounds amazingly good with open flaps, like a little QV. I think on the Quad it will sound amazing, Milltek really nailed the sound on the 2.0. Another friend of mine has on his 2.0 Giulia 200 hp the Ragazzon and it is by far not the sound my brother has with the Milltek.
Any videos of it ? Keen to find a good exhaust for my veloce

·
Registered
265 Posts
Where did you pick up the milltek at?
not sure if you were asking me...

ebay, a company in the UK... it was cheaper to buy from them then from someone like alfa9supply.

I drove it again tonight and got some good time about 4k rpm... it definitely does sound louder and deeper and overall better, but not sure it's 2600$ better. I wish this engine though would change pitch more with RPMs. I miss the tone of my E90 with a Corsa... hitting around 6k RPM it was unreal... I should not have sold that car.

the more I look at the new tips though, I miss the staggering. The tips are oversized, compared to stock, so it's not as bad since they take up more space, but the staggered tips look better.

·
Vendor
1,812 Posts
I am in talks with them, may end offering this as an alternative to Supersprint.

·
Registered
2,061 Posts
I just had it installed on my '19 QV. I also have the "home depot valve hack" as well (valves away open).
I went with front pipe back, not cat-back. Carbon tips.

First, while I should have noticed this when ordering, the outlet pipes aren't staggered in height as with the stock setup (staggered meaning the pipes on each side are different heights), so you do kind of lose that look. It looks to be a tiny bit staggered but not very much. The hardware for the clamp of the tip is somewhat visible too because there's now an opening where the pipe normally sat. I would have preferred the staggering and feel kind of silly for not researching that.

I had it done at the dealer because I don't have a lift and I think they may have overcharged me a bit, (they took the maximum estimate for the work from the milltek site) I should have negotiated a lower upfront price. A few indy shops I checked with didn't want to touch it because of bumper removal requirement.

Very very strong burning smell first 5 minutes... thought actually there was something wrong. But it went away.

I've only got 10 minutes on it so far, but my first impression is that it's 20% louder and the tone is much deeper. Overall, I would say it moved the needle towards what I would consider to be more American V-8 in tone, but not in actual sound (this engine will never sound like an American V-8 obviously). No change in pops/bangs/crackles (whatever you want to call it) that I can see. However, maybe I'm just imagining it, but it did seem a little peppier before 3k rpm (need more time to see if that's real). I will take it up into the higher RPMs in the next couple days.
That sucks about the staggering of the tips. I didn't notice that either and that would bother me too.

I keep going back and forth with this exhaust. I heard a video of an rs6 or 7 (can't remember) against an akrapovic and it was epic but when I listen again on the qv, it does sound great but it does sound deep and after looking at autofanatics content, I think I want more of a raspy f1 style exhaust.
I think you're right though, all these exhausts are nice but are they worth the thousands they cost.

Can you post a video of your exhaust revving? Really want to hear a non marketing clip and see the exhaust tips

1 - 20 of 78 Posts