Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Q4 with Fiamenghi Ti exhaust, Race Mod, and Tecnico wheels.
7,930 Posts
Does everyone else's Giulia stop calculating miles to empty right around 30? Really annoying.
I think the bigger question is how much gas is really left when the DTE reads very low?

Some indications are that there is NO RESERVE, so when that screen goes blank you need to find a filling station immediately. However, nobody wants to run their car until it stalls (it is very bad for the high pressure fuel pump and other systems to do so) and nobody has reported disconnecting the fuel line and then running the low pressure fuel pump until it starts to "suck air" to figure out if there is a reserve.

Any volunteers?

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
In 38 years of driving, I've never run a car that far down....defies logic

Reactions: JuliaQ4-Nut

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
Not good for the fuel pump to let a tank go that low....My first car was a 1978 Alfa Spider....Gauge was sketchy at best and if that pump got starved....you were stuck...so routinely at 1/4 of a tank, I fill up...

Reactions: JuliaQ4-Nut

·
Registered
2018 Q4 with Fiamenghi Ti exhaust, Race Mod, and Tecnico wheels.
7,930 Posts
You've never had 0.75-1 gallon left? Because that's where the DTE shuts off.
I am (sort-of) with Alfaholico on this one: 1 gallon in the tank is not enough. A little bit of sloshing from cornering or braking and you are pumping air to your fuel injectors.

The bigger question is if the tank really has so little fuel in it when the display goes blank.

·
Registered
2020 Alfa Romeo Giulia Sport Ti AWD
7,773 Posts
More risk of condensation issues as tank nears empty when temperatures are low?

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
1 - 12 of 12 Posts