Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Premium Member
810 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well hello all!

Put in a order about a week a go. Still waiting for order spec sheet to be emailed but below is what was ordered :)

Giulia Ti AWD/Tri-Coat Paint Trofeo White/Black Sport Leather Seats
Calipers - Gloss Red with White Script (XSP)
Dark 5-Hole Alum Wheels & 3-Season Performance Tires (255 rears) (WCT)
Dual-Pane Sunroof (GWJ)
Ti Performance Package (AY7)
Driver Assistance Dynamic Package (AJJ)
Driver Assistance Static Package (AJG)
Harman Kardon (RCA)
Leather Dash and Upper Door Trim (XGZ)
Bi-xenon projector headlamps AFL (35W)

Reactions: GioSailor and Bms26

·
Premium Member
810 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Well as I feared they missed two options, just got the order sheet today. Any ideas if this can be corrected or not? Just got the confirmation from Alfa yesterday. :(

Dark 5-Hole Alum Wheels & 3-Season Performance Tires (WCT) //I know this is fixable easily
AM/FM/HD Bluetooth w/Nav 8.8 Radio (RAN) //I know this is not fixable easily!

·
Premium Member
810 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well as I feared they missed two options, just got the order sheet today. Any ideas if this can be corrected or not? Just got the confirmation from Alfa yesterday. :(

Dark 5-Hole Alum Wheels & 3-Season Performance Tires (WCT) //I know this is fixable easily
AM/FM/HD Bluetooth w/Nav 8.8 Radio (RAN) //I know this is not fixable easily!
Well apparently when you order the 3-Season tires as opposed to the all season it doesn't show on the spec order sheet. Additionally all Ti come with a "customer package" that is not visible on the website or the PDF order-sheet which is basically an array of options included one of which is the Navigation package. When I get the car I'll confirm again.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Well apparently when you order the 3-Season tires as opposed to the all season it doesn't show on the spec order sheet. Additionally all Ti come with a "customer package" that is not visible on the website or the PDF order-sheet which is basically an array of options included one of which is the Navigation package. When I get the car I'll confirm again.
So, if you don't explicitly order Nav, does that mean you get it for free?

·
Registered
2,988 Posts
Welcome to the forum :)

I like your option list, similar to mine.

On my spec sheet it shows:
RAN - AM/FM/HD Bluetooth w/nav 8.8 Radio

RCA - Harmon Kardon Premium Audio

On the online configuration tool, the nav is a separate option from the upgraded radio.

·
Premium Member
810 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Welcome to the forum :)

I like your option list, similar to mine.

On my spec sheet it shows:
RAN - AM/FM/HD Bluetooth w/nav 8.8 Radio

RCA - Harmon Kardon Premium Audio

On the online configuration tool, the nav is a separate option from the upgraded radio.
Well that definitely conflicts with what they told me eeeeeeeeeeeerf. Would you be willing to post your spec sheet here? Of course masking any personal information. There's a small window of opportunity for me to correct my order i think and i don't want to miss it.

·
Registered
2,988 Posts
Well that definitely conflicts with what they told me eeeeeeeeeeeerf. Would you be willing to post your spec sheet here? Of course masking any personal information. There's a small window of opportunity for me to correct my order i think and i don't want to miss it.
Not intentionally ignoring you. Technical problems on my end. I'll type in some of the sheet by hand, for the purpose of the radio / nav.

GAFT41 - Giulia Ti RWD - $39,999

RAN - AM/FM/HD Bluetooth w/nav 8.8 radio - $950
> JLN - GPS Navigation
> RDJ - Remote Audio Controls
> RE8 - HD Radio
> RFY - 8.8 Infotainment Display
> RTE - Bluetooth Handsfree Phone and Audio

RCA - Harmon Kardon Premium Audio - $900

Total Price $47,840

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
Well hello all!

Put in a order about a week a go. Still waiting for order spec sheet to be emailed but below is what was ordered :)

Giulia Ti AWD/Tri-Coat Paint Trofeo White/Black Sport Leather Seats
Calipers - Gloss Red with White Script (XSP)
Dark 5-Hole Alum Wheels & 3-Season Performance Tires (255 rears) (WCT)
Dual-Pane Sunroof (GWJ)
Ti Performance Package (AY7)
Driver Assistance Dynamic Package (AJJ)
Driver Assistance Static Package (AJG)
Harman Kardon (RCA)
Leather Dash and Upper Door Trim (XGZ)
Bi-xenon projector headlamps AFL (35W)
Look like this? :smile2:

·
Premium Member
810 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Not intentionally ignoring you. Technical problems on my end. I'll type in some of the sheet by hand, for the purpose of the radio / nav.

GAFT41 - Giulia Ti RWD - $39,999

RAN - AM/FM/HD Bluetooth w/nav 8.8 radio - $950
> JLN - GPS Navigation
> RDJ - Remote Audio Controls
> RE8 - HD Radio
> RFY - 8.8 Infotainment Display
> RTE - Bluetooth Handsfree Phone and Audio

RCA - Harmon Kardon Premium Audio - $900

Total Price $47,840
Really appreciate you taking the time on this!

Yeah mine doesn't have any of the sub-categories of "RAN" which tells me it's either going to show up with Navi or absolutely no radio at all lol I really hope they don't screw this up, it'll make me wait longer!

·
Premium Member
810 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
That is it! How was it in person?
Well ... white is probably my favorite color on 90% of cars ... but I must say with the Giulia to me it was bland, and the lines got hidden ... :| However, it did look very modern in white and the wheels are very nice in that spec. To each their own! I am not a big fan of most wheels for the Giulia, other than the split 10 spoke, so that might explain my kind of traditional taste, rather than sporty look.

By no means is it ugly, the Giulia is never ugly, but this isn't my favorite configuration. I am very proud and will congratulate you on your order though, very exciting times! Did you see a white Giulia in person yourself?

Also, to conclude ... as someone who thought I *hated* black cars, I find myself liking black on the Giulia (ironic I know, the lines probably also lost in black paint too), but I am planning on buying Stromboli Grey because to me, it highlights the shape perfectly but isn't too crazy! I am right in the middle you could say. The Giulia is a unique car, I find my usual taste with colors not really matching much of the time!

·
Registered
2,988 Posts
Well ... white is probably my favorite color on 90% of cars ... but I must say with the Giulia to me it was bland, and the lines got hidden ... :| However, it did look very modern in white and the wheels are very nice in that spec. To each their own! I am not a big fan of most wheels for the Giulia, other than the split 10 spoke, so that might explain my kind of traditional taste, rather than sporty look.

By no means is it ugly, the Giulia is never ugly, but this isn't my favorite configuration. I am very proud and will congratulate you on your order though, very exciting times! Did you see a white Giulia in person yourself?

Also, to conclude ... as someone who thought I *hated* black cars, I find myself liking black on the Giulia (ironic I know, the lines probably also lost in black paint too), but I am planning on buying Stromboli Grey because to me, it highlights the shape perfectly but isn't too crazy! I am right in the middle you could say. The Giulia is a unique car, I find my usual taste with colors not really matching much of the time!
That's it, in my opinion too. Just because a persons favorite color is X, doesn't mean the car will look good in color X. But, there's two or three white flavors for the Giulia and the lighting in those car shows don't show off the paint of the cars. You should really see the cars in the sunlight and see all the flavors before making a judgement call. Internet pictures don't show off the dynamics either.

·
Registered
646 Posts
Their is an ancient law that no Italian car must ever be painted white or black.

I think the Pope gave special dispensation to the Alfa 4c in black, however.

·
Premium Member
810 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Their is an ancient law that no Italian car must ever be painted white or black.

I think the Pope gave special dispensation to the Alfa 4c in black, however.
That is awesome! To be honest I have never had such a huge issue with a color on a car and I've been through many cars in my life. I love the red but thought I would get tired of it quickly, the blue was not "wife" approved, I've had grays most of my life and all I can say is they're simply "safe", the black I saw in person and wasn't excited, the basic white didn't excite me much. I'm really hoping the tri-coat white will be it....To each their own!

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
That's it, in my opinion too. Just because a persons favorite color is X, doesn't mean the car will look good in color X. But, there's two or three white flavors for the Giulia and the lighting in those car shows don't show off the paint of the cars. You should really see the cars in the sunlight and see all the flavors before making a judgement call. Internet pictures don't show off the dynamics either.
You agree though? :smile2: No no, that is my picture and I did see it in person. The only thing I haven't seen with a white Giulia is in sunlight, but frankly I prefer my cars to look 'just right' in all lights. :grin2: That's why I've always been a fan of unique (not too too boring) greys and silvers in general for everyday cars. I've seen a good number of the Giulia paint choices, probably about half, nothing's jumped out at me yet. Excited for MC blue. I am very used to buying used cars for myself and just throughout my life with parents, so color choice never been a very big deal to me. I will basically take anything but white or red for a Ti (I feel red is for the QVs), and choose based on what has the best options and best price for me!

Regards,

·
Premium Member
810 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I got a VIN! 41 calendar days and counting. Below is the order of events...

2/13 - Order Placed (Code C or D)
2/22 - +/- a few days (Code D1)
3/14 - 3/25 - VIN assigned (Code JB), Build Sheet available but no Window sticker

Guessing week of April 10th or 17th she'll be here.

·
Registered
420 Posts
I got a VIN! 41 calendar days and counting. Below is the order of events...

2/13 - Order Placed (Code C or D)
2/22 - +/- a few days (Code D1)
3/14 - 3/25 - VIN assigned (Code JB), Build Sheet available but no Window sticker

Guessing week of April 10th or 17th she'll be here.
I wish to file a formal protest.

I placed an order on 2/17. The only codes I have seen are BA and D1. No build codes, no build sheet, no VIN, no window sticker, no car.

:crying:

·
Premium Member
810 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·

I placed an order on 2/17. The only codes I have seen are BA and D1. No build codes, no build sheet, no VIN, no window sticker, no car.

QV or Ti? From my dealer's order pool... Apparently that day they submitted an order for 16 custom Ti's... I wonder if that has anything to do with it.

·
Registered
420 Posts
QV or Ti? From my dealer's order pool... Apparently that day they submitted an order for 16 custom Ti's... I wonder if that has anything to do with it.
Ti. Almost exactly what you ordered.

I see. It is your dealer's fault. Who there do I file the protest with?

·
Registered
2,988 Posts

I placed an order for a Ti on the last day of January and just got my VIN. Currently JB - body assembly. This is Alfa Romeo we're talking about. It will happen in Alfa Time.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts