Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
‘19 Giulia Ti Sport Q4
3,887 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi All,

We've got a nice contingent of forum member cars here in SE Michigan, and I'd like to propose we get together for a Spring rally.

I'll propose a skeleton here, which we can flesh out and modify with others' input:

1. meet in the morning at my warehouse on S. Industrial in Ann Arbor for coffee/doughnuts. I've got plenty of space,
2. take a drive west past Chelsea, MI, led by @TiSpdDmn, maybe with a enroute stop at Ann Arbor Alfa
3. wrap up with lunch at Paesano Restaurant (Ann Arbor). The owner is an Alfa guy ('59 Giulietta Spider), access is easy of US23 for all directions home, and there's plenty of parking, including a drive facing on Washtenaw so we can put on a bit of a show, too!

Again, that's just a proposal, so all ideas are welcome!

I'm happy to take the lead on coordinating things, and get a signup list going if there is sufficient interest in making this happen. Please reply here if you're interested! I'll post confirmation that it's on here, and relevant links (e.g. for a signup, route maps, etc.)

Date-wise, I'm thinking a Sunday, April or early May? April Sundays (excluding Easter): 8, 15 and 22, and May (exl. Mothers' Day): 6, 20 and 27 (though that's Memorial Day weekend, so traffic volumes will be higher).

I like April 22nd.

I hope it doesn't need saying, but all Giulias are welcome, from across Michigan and neighboring states! Let's spread the word and make it a big event!

Ideas and thoughts?

Let me tag a few of the folks I'm aware of in the area, too: @Chipshot, @Ducky7, @jamesc, @TiSpdDmn, @[email protected], @spiders, @cbartell, @pbcoronel, @fast16. @stevelovescars

Reactions: spiders

·
Registered
383 Posts
I'd love to go but my car won't be here until June or July. Shall we have a fall meetup too?

Reactions: chaadster

·
Registered
31 Posts
Hi All,

We've got a nice contingent of forum member cars here in SE Michigan, and I'd like to propose we get together for a Spring rally.

I'll propose a skeleton here, which we can flesh out and modify with others' input:

1. meet in the morning at my warehouse on S. Industrial in Ann Arbor for coffee/doughnuts. I've got plenty of space,
2. take a drive west past Chelsea, MI, led by @TiSpdDmn, maybe with a enroute stop at Ann Arbor Alfa
3. wrap up with lunch at Paesano Restaurant (Ann Arbor). The owner is an Alfa guy ('59 Giulietta Spider), access is easy of US23 for all directions home, and there's plenty of parking, including a drive facing on Washtenaw so we can put on a bit of a show, too!

Again, that's just a proposal, so all ideas are welcome!

I'm happy to take the lead on coordinating things, and get a signup list going if there is sufficient interest in making this happen. Please reply here if you're interested! I'll post confirmation that it's on here, and relevant links (e.g. for a signup, route maps, etc.)

Date-wise, I'm thinking a Sunday, April or early May? April Sundays (excluding Easter): 8, 15 and 22, and May (exl. Mothers' Day): 6, 20 and 27 (though that's Memorial Day weekend, so traffic volumes will be higher).

I like April 22nd.

I hope it doesn't need saying, but all Giulias are welcome, from across Michigan and neighboring states! Let's spread the word and make it a big event!

Ideas and thoughts?

Let me tag a few of the folks I'm aware of in the area, too: @Chipshot, @Ducky7, @jamesc, @TiSpdDmn, @[email protected], @spiders, @cbartell, @pbcoronel, @fast16.
Unfortunately April 22nd doesn't work for me, a different week might be able to work. If this first one is successful we could then do a mid-summer and early/late fall meet as well to get some of the newer owners to make one when they do get their Alfa's

·
Registered
‘19 Giulia Ti Sport Q4
3,887 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Unfortunately April 22nd doesn't work for me, a different week might be able to work. If this first one is successful we could then do a mid-summer and early/late fall meet as well to get some of the newer owners to make one when they do get their Alfa's
May 6?

·
Registered
53 Posts
I probably can't do either of the last 2 weekends in April (though the 29th is up in the air), but I could do May 5th, 12th, or 13th (Mother's Day). I can't do the 6th because I'm instructing at a Car Control Clinic at the Tire Rack in South Bend (which I'd highly recommend to those new to performance driving!!).

I'd be happy to lead the drive and have a good route that we can use!

·
Registered
‘19 Giulia Ti Sport Q4
3,887 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well, I consider a drive leader a mission-critical component of a GTG, so working with Anthony's schedule, how about Saturday, May 5th? It works for me!

Reactions: TiSpdDmn

·
Registered
857 Posts
I'm about 4 hrs away (Southern Ohio) but I don't have my car yet. I would love to attend a future gathering after my car arrives from Italy :)

Reactions: TiSpdDmn

·
Registered
‘19 Giulia Ti Sport Q4
3,887 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I'm about 4 hrs away (Southern Ohio) but I don't have my car yet. I would love to attend a future gathering after my car arrives from Italy :)
Great! You're welcome to come up for this to get your Giulia fix even though you don't have your car yet! Watch this regional forum for developments, but I'll also put you on a contact list (if this develops into something more).

·
Registered
383 Posts
If we did one in june or july, i could probably come. I'd love to do a summer meetup!

·
Registered
‘19 Giulia Ti Sport Q4
3,887 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
If we did one in june or july, i could probably come. I'd love to do a summer meetup!
You bet! Let's see if we can get this one off the ground...

·
Registered
53 Posts
I should be good for May 5th. Let's use that as our base for moving forward with working with locations for meeting and stopping!

·
Registered
‘19 Giulia Ti Sport Q4
3,887 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I should be good for May 5th. Let's use that as our base for moving forward with working with locations for meeting and stopping!
Sounds good; Saturday May 5th it is!

Does anyone have any thoughts on locations and stops, or should I just put details to the schedule outlined in the OP?

1 - 20 of 29 Posts