Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
2018 Q4 with Fiamenghi Ti exhaust, Race Mod, and Tecnico wheels.
9,298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anybody else noticed this?

My Michelin PS A/S 3+ tires in 245 35r19 non-run flat weighed in at about 25 pounds (tire rack spec). They held air pressure reasonably well for about 6 months at a time.

My new Michelin PS A/S 4 tires in the same size weigh in at about 22 pounds (tire rack spec + double checked with a scale). I have to pump them up every 1-2 months. More like once per 2 weeks to keep the pressure in a 1 PSI range.

Thinner or less dense (more permeable) rubber, I guess.

· Registered
2018 Stelvio Sport Q4 Nor-Cal PRK
233 Posts
@lockem

Check that your valve stem cores are tight/bottomed out.

Tire mounters remove the core before taking off the old tire, and re-install the core after pumping up the new tires on the mounting machine.

HTH -

· Registered
9,298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
@lockem

Check that your valve stem cores are tight/bottomed out.

Tire mounters remove the core before taking off the old tire, and re-install the core after pumping up the new tires on the mounting machine.

HTH -
Interesting thought, although I have aftermarket rubber TPMS units and it has been a long time since I had a core tool.
The really curious thing is that all 4 tires are loosing pressure at the same pace.

· Registered
2018 Vulcano Black Giulia Quadrifoglio
6,566 Posts
Possibly a typo in the post but I see a/s 3 plus vs. as/ 4 no plus. I wonder if the plus designation has anything to do with it. Maybe 3+ > 4

· Registered
9,298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Possibly a typo in the post but I see a/s 3 plus vs. as/ 4 no plus. I wonder if the plus designation has anything to do with it. Maybe 3+ > 4
No, A/S 3+ is superseded by A/S 4. A/S 3+ is essentially A/S 3 with a better snow traction rubber compound. A/S 4 is completely different from A/S 3 or 3+.

· Registered
2018 Stelvio Sport Q4 Nor-Cal PRK
233 Posts
Just spitballin -

Latest set of Michelin Performance Tires I looked at on the rack @ Sam's Club indicated Made in Mexico - never saw that before on Michelins.

Have seen France, Canada, and USA.

· Registered
9,298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Just spitballin -

Latest set of Michelin Performance Tires I looked at on the rack @ Sam's Club indicated Made in Mexico - never saw that before on Michelins.

Have seen France, Canada, and USA.
My tires are marked "Made in USA", the same as my previous A/S 3+ set.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts