Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m considering replacing my Pirelli P7 Cinturato RFT 225/45 R18s with the same size Pirelli Premier A/Ss. I no that it’s not the sportiest setup, but I do lots of interstate driving and would welcome a longer lasting tire. Has anyone had any experience with these tires?

·
Registered
2018 Q4 with Fiamenghi Ti exhaust, Race Mod, and Tecnico wheels.
8,181 Posts
I’m considering replacing my Pirelli P7 Cinturato RFT 225/45 R18s with the same size Pirelli Premier A/Ss. I no that it’s not the sportiest setup, but I do lots of interstate driving and would welcome a longer lasting tire. Has anyone had any experience with these tires?
I recommend that you contact a Tirerack advisor and explain what you have versus what you want from your tires. They are pretty helpful that way.

·
Registered
443 Posts
Where are you? Do you NEED an all season?

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I recommend that you contact a Tirerack advisor and explain what you have versus what you want from your tires. They are pretty helpful that way.
I called Tirerack about replacement options. Their advice was that the Pirelli RFTs were the best OEM option and that the Michelin Premier A/S was the best non-RFT replacement for the OEMs.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Where are you? Do you NEED an all season?
I’m with you, but we do get several good snows each year and a number of freezing rain/sleet events each winter season. I live in the farthest northern part of Virginia, farther north than Washington, DC...about the same latitude as Cincinnati, OH.

Reactions: Bender

·
Registered
3,602 Posts
After a couple Christmas shopping incidents with the summers on my Miata ages ago, I took the club and forum advice and went for a full winter setup to swap in fall and spring. That is the way to go for me and since I have an appointment to swap my second Corsa tomorrow morning, I plan to stick with it. I just wish I could have swapped a more durable tire than the Nordschleife record tires ;) But then I would want all 4 as well. My Quad may sit all winter next year.

·
Registered
443 Posts
I’m with you, but we do get several good snows each year and a number of freezing rain/sleet events each winter season. I live in the farthest northern part of Virginia, farther north than Washington, DC...about the same latitude as Cincinnati, OH.
Got ya, then yup! All Seasons are needed!

You have two good performance all season options
1) Conti Extreme Contact DWS
2) Michelin A/S as already noted

The nice thing is you can't go wrong with either.

·
Registered
159 Posts
I just had the Continental ExtremeContact DWS 06s installed on my Q4. So far (100 miles) so good. I'm on a lease car so I didn't wait for the Pirelli's to be done and I'll swap them back on at turn-in. I only need 30k out of the conti's and I'm sure that will happen.

Our experience with with the Michelin A/S 3+ and the DWS's. Not sure which I really like better as both are great 3+ season tires. The Michelin Premier A/S has better winter properties but is not as sporty. I disagree with the TireRack advice to use those but they are probably a very close match the the crappy Pirelli's

1 - 9 of 9 Posts