Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner

101 - 120 of 127 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
I'm looking at a set of the PS4S and notice on Tirerack they have a "special premium touch" version which I googled and found this promo video from Michelin:

Ok, so they look pretty cool. I always liked the way my Super Sports looked :)

BUT, they only offer that edition on 255/35 ZR 19 (96Y) and 235/35 ZR 19 (91Y) (link to the article I read that at here: https://www.bmwblog.com/2017/06/17/michelin-premium-touch-offers-new-design-look-pilot-sport-4-s/)

A shame to have limited edition tires up front and "normal" ones in the rear. A small dilemma but it bothers me. I may go with them up front just for the way the car will photograph at 3/4 perspective!

Attachments

·
Registered
765 Posts
I'm looking at a set of the PS4S and notice on Tirerack they have a "special premium touch" version which I googled and found this promo video from Michelin:

Ok, so they look pretty cool. I always liked the way my Super Sports looked /forum/images/smilies/smile.gif

BUT, they only offer that edition on 255/35 ZR 19 (96Y) and 235/35 ZR 19 (91Y) (link to the article I read that at here: https://www.bmwblog.com/2017/06/17/michelin-premium-touch-offers-new-design-look-pilot-sport-4-s/)

A shame to have limited edition tires up front and "normal" ones in the rear. A small dilemma but it bothers me. I may go with them up front just for the way the car will photograph at 3/4 perspective!
So the only difference is the checkered flag design in the sidewalls that is barely visible? I hope they don’t cost more then the standard tire just for this.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Any impact on your car insurance of not using the standard tyre size, that is, the Michelin Pilot Sports 4S are a different size from the standard fit Corsas.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Tire Rack is blowing out Pirelli P Zero Corsa Asimmetrico 2 285/30/19 for $117/ea !!!!!!
They only have rears, but it’s a killer deal.
The tires are 2015 models, but at the rate the tires wear out it won’t matter... or they will make a great track tire for that price.
I’m in CA so I don’t know if it will vary across the country, ymmv.

·
Registered
423 Posts
I'm in the UK. In the UK the insurance companies are very fussy about any change from the manufacturer specified parts etc.
Whoa. That is total bullshit. Talk about "the man" throwing a wet blanket on your enthusiasm. Just when you thought insurance companies couldn't get any worse. Isn't it bad enough we all pay more due to everyone looking at their phone instead of driving?

·
Registered
56 Posts
I’m looking at the Michelin Sport 4S to replace the P Corsas on my Giulia Quad. I love the Corsas grip but too many trade offs for daily driving - particularly the gravel they collect. I’m not keen on the 295/30 option for the rears which I’ve read a lot of people have gone for. They bulge out and look terrible. Has anyone tried the 4S’s in the 285/35 size for the rear? Seems like it would be a better fit and closer to the OEM specs.

·
Registered
134 Posts
I’m looking at the Michelin Sport 4S to replace the P Corsas on my Giulia Quad. I love the Corsas grip but too many trade offs for daily driving - particularly the gravel they collect. I’m not keen on the 295/30 option for the rears which I’ve read a lot of people have gone for. They bulge out and look terrible. Has anyone tried the 4S’s in the 285/35 size for the rear? Seems like it would be a better fit and closer to the OEM specs.
Haven't tried it.

Consider diameter:
285/30x19 = 654mm
295/30x19 = 660mm
285/35x19 = 682mm

·
Registered
271 Posts
what about 275/30/19 for the rear? On a 10” wheel, the MP4S may be as wide as the Corsa 285. The MP4S is a wide tire.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I believe I've already shared that I've been impressed with wet traction and performance of MPS4S tires. No comparison to Corsa AR in that department. MPS4S are in another league.

Today finally I had a chance to drive ~100 miles on some of my favorite local back roads. The same roads that I have driven on Corsa AR tires in QV and where I've frequented with my prior cars such as BMW M3, 911 4S, Mini JCW etc.

I pushed the tires as hard as I normally do and I think while MPS4S are exceptional, at the very high cornerning limits MPS4S do not match Corsa AR tires. Corsa tires definitely outshine MPS4S at the very upper limits of the speeds and cornering performance spectrum. The highest speed I was comfortable pushing to was 8 mph lower than what I previously pushed Corsa AR tires to. Similarly, the speeds I carried in/out of some the swooping corners was at least 5 mph lower.

That said I am still extremely happy with my choice of 255/295 MPS4S setup. While these tires perhaps fall a bit short of Corsa's incredible topline performance, they outshine Corsa's in many other ways which make the vehicle more enjoyable for me on more days and under more conditions. So overall MPS4S 255/295 will be my personal choice, for the future, even with the knowledge that Corsa can deliver a bit more performance on the very top end.

As far as the discussion about turn-in and feeling. I suppose its a personal thing and my own personal opinion on this matter is that I had as much or more fun today, driving on my favorite local roads, as I ever had with Corsa AR. I could put the car exactly where I wanted - still the same sharp handling I've become so fond of over the last 11 months and 12K miles.

So - for me, MPS4S tires have not reduced my driving pleasure/enjoyment in any way and have infact made the car more tossable/enjoyable for me, even on days when I'd either leave QV in the garage or drive it with a lot of caution. When I was driving hard, the marvelous 2.9 litre QV engine was still singing all the way into the redline, the car was still feeling absolutely planted, I had the feeling of being alive and it did not matter to me that I was driving 8 mph slower.

Just thought I'd share my impressions.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Assuming that the original tire sizes are a must: 285/30ZR19 98Y rear and 245/35ZR19 93Y
Front, what do you recommend, to stay with the PZERO corsa or a replacement?

·
Registered
471 Posts
Assuming that the original tire sizes are a must: 285/30ZR19 98Y rear and 245/35ZR19 93Y
Front, what do you recommend, to stay with the PZERO corsa or a replacement?
mom getting ready to start tire shopping myself. Lots of choices.

at OEM there are options. Michelin Super sports, Pereli pzero, continental, Bridgestone.

or go up the 295 and 255. And get the MP4Ss.

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
mom getting ready to start tire shopping myself. Lots of choices.

at OEM there are options. Michelin Super sports, Pereli pzero, continental, Bridgestone.

or go up the 295 and 255. And get the MP4Ss.
If you go up to 295 you can also run toyo r888rs

·
Registered
56 Posts
Going up in size is not a good idea - the rear wheels at 19x10 are not wide enough for 295s - they will ‘bulge’ - this affects both aesthetics and performance.

As I want to stick to the OEM sizes, the choices are very limited for summer tyres.

I’m not a fan of either Contis or Bridgestone. The MPSS are old tech and effectively superseded now. P Zeros are ok but not great and the Corsas - well my current set have lasted 12 months / 10,000 kms / 6,000 miles. Fronts are virtually bald. No track driving - absolutely ridiculous tyres for street driving.

After extensive research I have ordered the Goodyear F1 Eagle Supersports. They are brand new and it’s Goodyear’s all in attempt at taking on Michelin. Most reviews rate them as ‘as good as’ the MPS4S or close second. That’s good enough for me!

·
Registered
471 Posts
Going up in size is not a good idea - the rear wheels at 19x10 are not wide enough for 295s - they will ‘bulge’ - this affects both aesthetics and performance.

As I want to stick to the OEM sizes, the choices are very limited for summer tyres.

I’m not a fan of either Contis or Bridgestone. The MPSS are old tech and effectively superseded now. P Zeros are ok but not great and the Corsas - well my current set have lasted 12 months / 10,000 kms / 6,000 miles. Fronts are virtually bald. No track driving - absolutely ridiculous tyres for street driving.

After extensive research I have ordered the Goodyear F1 Eagle Supersports. They are brand new and it’s Goodyear’s all in attempt at taking on Michelin. Most reviews rate them as ‘as good as’ the MPS4S or close second. That’s good enough for me!
these aren’t available in the USA. I don’t think anyway.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Jamgolf and anyone else who has the MPS4S---

I know this is not a priority for most people on this forum......

But is the ride harshness reduced over OE Corsas?
Any comments would be appreciated!

101 - 120 of 127 Posts