Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a problem with the memory seat feature. My wife sets her position at #1, she sits very close to the steering wheel. After she drives the car and I'm the next driver, I open the door and the seat is in #1. I can't get in and yet I cannot move the seat to my position, #2 unless the Start button is pushed and the driver's door is closed. Then I can adjust to #2.

My work around is to manually slide the seat back so I can get in and then set the seat to #2.

Is there a default exit position that automatically resets the seat to all the way back every time the car is turned off? Maybe position #3?

Or even better, can the "His" and Her" key FOB's be recognized to set the stored seating positions? My other car has this feature and it makes everything simple.

·
Registered
226 Posts
I have a problem with the memory seat feature. My wife sets her position at #1, she sits very close to the steering wheel. After she drives the car and I'm the next driver, I open the door and the seat is in #1. I can't get in and yet I cannot move the seat to my position, #2 unless the Start button is pushed and the driver's door is closed. Then I can adjust to #2.

My work around is to manually slide the seat back so I can get in and then set the seat to #2.

Is there a default exit position that automatically resets the seat to all the way back every time the car is turned off? Maybe position #3?

Or even better, can the "His" and Her" key FOB's be recognized to set the stored seating positions? My other car has this feature and it makes everything simple.
I don't know about His and Her key FOBs, but His and Her Alfas will do the trick :)

·
Registered
81 Posts
You don't have a functional "easy acess"?
When she opens the door, her seat should slide back. Not working or have you successfully disabled it? ;-) A hot discussion in this forum...

·
Registered
869 Posts
No, the fobs cannot be assigned to the memory seats. Not sure there is an easy answer for you but I will say that when you hit the start button and the seat starts to move to position one I've noticed that if you push any seat control it'll stop the memory positioning. So, I'd suggest she either sets it to some dummy 3 position that is neutral or you need to intervene before it finishes.

·
Registered
498 Posts
I have tried this several times and mine works with the door open. I have either fob in my hand, and drivers door is open I'm standing outside the car, press the start button but not starting the car and then I can select any of the 3 memory seat positions and the seat moves accordingly to my preset. Sometimes I had notice that the fob has to be close to the steering wheel for it to recognize it but I do not have to be sitting in the seat.

·
Registered
2019 Rosso Competizione Stelvio Ti Sport Nero Edizione
641 Posts
As a six-footer with a smallish wife, I have the same issue. Like MakeItRain, I just reach down and slide the seat back before getting in.
Although I don't miss much about the Audi that I traded in for my Alfa, I definitely miss the his and hers key fobs that the car recognized.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have tried this several times and mine works with the door open. I have either fob in my hand, and drivers door is open I'm standing outside the car, press the start button but not starting the car and then I can select any of the 3 memory seat positions and the seat moves accordingly to my preset. Sometimes I had notice that the fob has to be close to the steering wheel for it to recognize it but I do not have to be sitting in the seat.
You were correct! You have to have the FOB very, very close to the steering wheel to make the memory seat buttons work after pushing the start button. I was standing outside the door with the FOB in my pocket and it would not work.

I still cannot activate the easy exit position, any suggestions?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Not wanting to hijack this thread, but any chance you guys have had a similar issue to mine? I set memory position 1 to be my position for sporty driving with slightly tighter bolsters and a bit less angle in the seat-back and ever so slightly closer to the pedals. I set up memory position 2 for my work commute. Now if I'm in memory position 1 and hit 2, it will adjust. If I hit 1 to return it to the sporty position, it doesn't move. I haven't experimented with it enough yet to give more detail, but I'm wondering if I should set the position one to be default relaxed driving position? Will the car default to memory position 1 each time you start the car? Should I take it by the dealer? Any help is much appreciated!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts