Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
787 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't have the wiring diagram, but most likely it's a logic input to the system. A Hi (pull up) or a low (shorting to ground) to a latching circuit ( why you have to switch it off each time system is turned off). Shorting the switch with maybe a current limit resistor if needed would work.
Any body have a wiring diagram?

·
Registered
223 Posts
I don't have the wiring diagram, but most likely it's a logic input to the system. A Hi (pull up) or a low (shorting to ground) to a latching circuit ( why you have to switch it off each time system is turned off). Shorting the switch with maybe a current limit resistor if needed would work.
Any body have a wiring diagram?
I have not yet been able to get my hands on a wiring diagram...once I do it will be easy for me to find a way to turn off this darn system.

·
Registered
2020 Alfa Romeo Giulia Sport Ti AWD
7,754 Posts
Is it really that hard just to push the button?

·
Registered
7,754 Posts
It's not but it's sooooo annoying when you forget to click it and your engine shuts off. Happens to me at least 2 times a week. It's easily the most annoying "feature" modern US cars have.
I guess I'm just used to it and maybe, just maybe, a little more tolerant. My wife hates it too and now hits the button without thinking about it. Between us, she's such a leadfoot that stop-start probably won't save her an appreciable amount of fuel.

·
Registered
7,754 Posts
Yes, it is annoying. I'm hoping for a software fix.
Don't count on it. If stop-start increases MPG even fractionally, it's likely here to stay. Think about the Bosch/VW diesel contretemps. Car companies are going to be very cautious about making software changes.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Don't count on it. If stop-start increases MPG even fractionally, it's likely here to stay. Think about the Bosch/VW diesel contretemps. Car companies are going to be very cautious about making software changes.
That's too bad, because other cars allow you to turn it off and your choice persists until you change your mind again (works this way on our 328, and it was this way on our old Panamera)

If they are going to let you turn it off at all, why not remember the choice?

·
Registered
47 Posts
My Evoque has this Start/Stop thing. It worked for 6 months, then it stopped working on its own. I mentioned it to the dealer at the time of routine service and he was not surprised. He stated that this happened often. He looked at me in disbelief and asked me if I really wanted it fixed. Heck no!!!
Maybe we'll get lucky and have an unreliable start/stop system in the Giulia as well...

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
Just think, for decades Alfa Romeo has been trying to make a car that doesn't stall every time it gets to a stoplight. Now it's a feature! :D I am kidding of course, after all I drive a Land Rover product too. Excited to hear if you guys find a resolution I can apply to my Giulia once I pick it up

·
Registered
25 Posts
THIS is the primary reason I joined this site- wanted to see if this feature was supposed to persist after a restart, like other features do. Glad to know it doesn't by design, but sure wish it would! The documentation for the car is pretty sparse...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts