Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
692 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Stelvio sales recovered in May. Overall, not quite as high as March, but pretty good.

Here are the numbers for the US.
Giulia: March 1284, April 1123, May 1175
Stelvio: March 1270, April 702, May 1183
Total sold: March 2576, April 1847, May 2377

I'm kinda surprised that the stelvio sales aren't overtaking the Giulia sales. According to the press, everyone is supposed to be abandoning sedans in favor of SUVs.

·
Registered
2020 Alfa Romeo Giulia Sport Ti AWD
7,462 Posts

·
Registered
240 Posts
It looks like Alfa is on track to sell about 25K units this year. That is starting to approach Jaguar and not bad considering they started from 0 two years ago and still are working with a very limited model lineup.

I am not surprised Stelvio sales are only running about even with Giulia sales. Competition in the Euro compact cross-over market is insane: X3, Q5, GLC, Discovery Sport, Macan, F-Sport. Also, most compact cross-over purchasing decisions are made by women and, as far as I can see, FCA has done nothing to market the Stelvio directly to women. FCA needs to figure out a way to address the fact that most women do not put a particularly high value on the things that distinguish a Stelvio from the X3, Q5, GLC and Discovery Sport, and those who do will cross-shop the Stelvio against the Macan and the F-Sport. In my neck of the woods, the Macan is winning that battle most of the time.

·
Registered
2018 Q4 with Fiamenghi Ti exhaust, Race Mod, and Tecnico wheels.
7,729 Posts
It looks like Alfa is on track to sell about 25K units this year. That is starting to approach Jaguar and not bad considering they started from 0 two years ago and still are working with a very limited model lineup.

I am not surprised Stelvio sales are only running about even with Giulia sales. Competition in the Euro compact cross-over market is insane: X3, Q5, GLC, Discovery Sport, Macan, F-Sport. Also, most compact cross-over purchasing decisions are made by women and, as far as I can see, FCA has done nothing to market the Stelvio directly to women. FCA needs to figure out a way to address the fact that most women do not put a particularly high value on the things that distinguish a Stelvio from the X3, Q5, GLC and Discovery Sport, and those who do will cross-shop the Stelvio against the Macan and the F-Sport. In my neck of the woods, the Macan is winning that battle most of the time.
Same here. To paraphrase my female Macan driving next door neighbor: "the Macan is so easy to park it is fun to drive" (her Cheyenne hybrid just sits parked in front of the house...).

·
Registered
576 Posts

Giulia is killing the XE right now, and even outselling the F Pace.

Reactions: John_K_348

·
Registered
501 Posts
So basically these have been the three biggest months in a row for Alfa with a limited model lineup. If they more than double their sales from last year (which may happen), that has to be considered a success, right?

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
In their previous iteration in these shores, Alfa's greatest sales year was a little over 8000 units....Once agian, that was with a limited lineup (GTV 6 and Spider) and no mainstream sedan...Milano and 164 followed but never sniffed the success of the Giulia....So, things are coming along...Alfa never advertised on TV much less during major sporting events....Sponsoring halftime shows and having a presence on TV is all brand new for Alfa...So, just keep the product great and good word of mouth will spread...people are tired of the same old same old...."the times they are a changin"...

·
Registered
279 Posts
A few well placed "drive & socialize" events in major markets, would go a long way to increasing sales. FCA doesn't seem to do anything. You've got to get people into these cars, and dealer test drives are too high pressure for alot of people. Give away some light snacks, some souvenir mugs, let them drive the cars wit no sales pressure - would go a long way to increase sales in my opinion.

·
Registered
2018 Ti Sport Q2
1,173 Posts
I'd like to see any pictures/videos of a red Giulia around Manhattan; downtown, uppereast side or through the park.

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
I got 3 sets of compliments on my car today at work in the lot. The best and last by a Mom and her two sons. The youngest was cuckoo and grinning ear to ear :D

·
Registered
359 Posts
A few well placed "drive & socialize" events in major markets, would go a long way to increasing sales. FCA doesn't seem to do anything. You've got to get people into these cars, and dealer test drives are too high pressure for alot of people. Give away some light snacks, some souvenir mugs, let them drive the cars wit no sales pressure - would go a long way to increase sales in my opinion.

100%

Will Alfa have events or even any display cars at this weekend's Canadian GP? Or will I (and our Giulia) be the sole representative of the brand in attendance?

·
Registered
2020 Alfa Romeo Giulia Sport Ti AWD
7,462 Posts
1 - 20 of 52 Posts