Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It arrived Friday at lunch time. I reached out to my buddy at his shop (former Alfa mechanic back in the day) and he said come on over. It took him an hour to install. He said it wasn't difficult at all but he's methodical and took his time installed it with some nice little cushions (padding under the box). It looks almost factory in my opinion.

Now to the important stuff- How is it?
I've only put around 50 miles on her (had some prior plans this weekend). I must say she seems to have more grunt even after 50+ miles but I'm going to take the time this weekend to really feel her out once we get past 80+ miles. I'd like to see how she feels with the GoPedal (installed last week) turned off. I did a quick pull this morning getting on the interstate with the Gopedal in sport + (-3) and the Maxpower Pro and she launched down the on ramp like nobody's business. An A4 that sometimes plays with me at 6 in the morning was left behind. :wink2:

I'm very pleased with my setup. It's just what I was looking for and I'll keep everyone updated as the next couple of weeks unfold.
Sorry I don't have anything earth shattering to report...yet!

J.

Attachments

·
Registered
2019 Alfa Romeo Giulia Ti Sport Q4
252 Posts
It arrived Friday at lunch time. I reached out to my buddy at his shop (former Alfa mechanic back in the day) and he said come on over. It took him an hour to install. He said it wasn't difficult at all but he's methodical and took his time installed it with some nice little cushions (padding under the box). It looks almost factory in my opinion.

I've only put around 50 miles on her (had some prior plans this weekend). I must say she seems to have more grunt even after 50+ miles but I'm going to take the time this weekend to really feel her out once we get past 80+ miles. I'd like to see how she feels with the GoPedal (installed last week) turned off. I did a quick pull this morning getting on the interstate with the Gopedal in sport + (-3) and the Maxpower Pro and she launched down the on ramp like nobody's business. An A4 that sometimes plays with me at 6 in the morning was left behind. :wink2:

I'm very pleased with my setup. It's just what I was looking for and I'll keep everyone updated as the next couple of weeks unfold.

J.
Excellent. Please give us an update on how she's running after the 80 mile mark. This will most likely be my next mod. Would love to hear any and all impressions I can.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Excellent. Please give us an update on how she's running after the 80 mile mark. This will most likely be my next mod. Would love to hear any and all impressions I can.
Looks like we have similar car experiences lately. I see a '17 Mustang GT on your sig. I got rid of my '15 GT Performance Pack for the Giulia. The Mustang was a fantastic car but I digress. Stay tuned for more updates as I get some miles under her belt this week.

·
Registered
‘19 Giulia Ti Sport Q4
3,303 Posts
Thanks @Fripp64. installation looks good; did you use the included bracket? Looking forward to continuing feedback.

On a related note, I don't think the adaptation phase is completed at precisely the "80 mile mark," but is more or less a continuing process which takes some combination of time, conditions and occurrences which can happen in around/roughly/approximately 80 miles. In my experience, it's not as though a switch flips and suddenly the car completes adaptation. Also, I'd say to drive it aggressively as well; I don't know for a fact, but I've had good results in that manner during adaptation after a battery discon, so for what that's worth...

Have fun!

·
Registered
45 Posts

J.
It took about 110 miles for me to really feel the gains.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks @Fripp64. installation looks good; did you use the included bracket? Looking forward to continuing feedback.

On a related note, I don't think the adaptation phase is completed at precisely the "80 mile mark," but is more or less a continuing process which takes some combination of time, conditions and occurrences which can happen in around/roughly/approximately 80 miles. In my experience, it's not as though a switch flips and suddenly the car completes adaptation. Also, I'd say to drive it aggressively as well; I don't know for a fact, but I've had good results in that manner during adaptation after a battery discon, so for what that's worth...

Have fun!
Thanks for the comments on the install. They didn't send a bracket although Eric, at Madness, offered to send me one this week. I told him to let my guy do his install and if we needed it I'd be in touch but as you can see- it looks great and I'm pleased.

I also agree that the 80 mile mark alluded to isn't some magic "trigger" point. I have no idea if it makes a difference but I have been driving it aggressively since the install on my non-technical assumption the car will learn I want it ALL ! ha ha

J.

·
Registered
119 Posts
On a related note, I don't think the adaptation phase is completed at precisely the "80 mile mark," but is more or less a continuing process which takes some combination of time, conditions and occurrences which can happen in around/roughly/approximately 80 miles. In my experience, it's not as though a switch flips and suddenly the car completes adaptation. Also, I'd say to drive it aggressively as well;
It took about 110 miles for me to really feel the gains.
I also agree that the 80 mile mark alluded to isn't some magic "trigger" point. I have no idea if it makes a difference but I have been driving it aggressively since the install on my non-technical assumption the car will learn I want it ALL !
Hi all,

80% adapted by 80 miles in is a good rule of thumb - that should be a point where gains are noticeable and consistently repeatable. I think complete adaptation is typically about a full tank of gas.

Fripp / Chaad - In my experience, the more often your vehicle is able to see full spool and test its boundary limits, the quicker and more effectively adaptation tends to complete. I usually find myself doing highway pulls on 80mph interstates from 60-80-60 in higher gears to work the turbo to full spool without lugging it. I can't say with complete certainty that it forces adaptation faster, but it seems to help.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hi all,

80% adapted by 80 miles in is a good rule of thumb - that should be a point where gains are noticeable and consistently repeatable. I think complete adaptation is typically about a full tank of gas.

Fripp / Chaad - In my experience, the more often your vehicle is able to see full spool and test its boundary limits, the quicker and more effectively adaptation tends to complete. I usually find myself doing highway pulls on 80mph interstates from 60-80-60 in higher gears to work the turbo to full spool without lugging it. I can't say with complete certainty that it forces adaptation faster, but it seems to help.
Great feedback- thanks so much !

·
Registered
24 Posts
Installed mine yesterday, great instructions, easy to see where to connect it, almost as easy as the go pedal. Called Madness with a question, texted Art with the details, said it wasn't urgent. Later I check my phone and 8:30 text on a Friday night, theres my answer. Great customer service, I know I bought from the right place. Well engineered product, looks like it belongs under the hood. Just have to put some miles on it to see the results

Attachments

·
Registered
2019 Alfa Romeo Giulia Ti Sport Q4
252 Posts
Good looking install! Glad to hear that there is such great support. I’ve been dealing with them via PM and I’m very happy so far with their contact and responsiveness.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I installed my MPP last week. Put about 200 miles on it because i'm nuts and needed to know where this thing took my car. Currently in NJ and the weather has been up and down so it's been tough to get a consistent feel for what gains I have. Before this mod I did the EC V1 intake with drop in filter, and the GFB DV+. I would say all together this makes for a nice power gain throughout the entire rev range. That is the most notable factor. I felt the car kinda died off after 4,500 RPM especially as you got to the higher gears. It pulls strong throughout now and shows no sign of weakening even as I hit 140+ mph (if anyone can direct me to a forum where top speed limiter removal is at I need it lol)

Not sure where to go with this next, could open the airbox and drop the V2 cone in, but I like the idea of keep the closed airbox. Exhaust is the most obvious mod, but frankly I've yet to see one that truly sounds good on this car aside from a few custom jobs.

All in all very happy with where the car is at, and once the weather breaks I'm throwing my indy firehawks on and away i go!

·
Vendor
930 Posts
I installed my MPP last week. Put about 200 miles on it because i'm nuts and needed to know where this thing took my car. Currently in NJ and the weather has been up and down so it's been tough to get a consistent feel for what gains I have. Before this mod I did the EC V1 intake with drop in filter, and the GFB DV+. I would say all together this makes for a nice power gain throughout the entire rev range. That is the most notable factor. I felt the car kinda died off after 4,500 RPM especially as you got to the higher gears. It pulls strong throughout now and shows no sign of weakening even as I hit 140+ mph (if anyone can direct me to a forum where top speed limiter removal is at I need it lol)

Not sure where to go with this next, could open the airbox and drop the V2 cone in, but I like the idea of keep the closed airbox. Exhaust is the most obvious mod, but frankly I've yet to see one that truly sounds good on this car aside from a few custom jobs.

All in all very happy with where the car is at, and once the weather breaks I'm throwing my indy firehawks on and away i go!

Thank you for your feedback vinsan1ty7!

Happy to hear you are enjoying the new performance of your MAXPower PRO.

If you need any assistance in the future please don't hesitate to reach out to us directly and we will be happy to help.

Thank you again for your support.

·
Registered
4 Posts
This isn't quite a question about the MPP itself but related in a way. I've successfully installed my MPP, but in the process of pulling the side cover/heat shield? from its place, I've dropped the rubber piece that holds the cover snug tight in place, into the engine carriage sigh (circled in red on the attached image). I probably don't need it since the bolts do the job pretty well and its most likely long gone for sure after taking the car for a spin (BTW, I've installed the MPP and GP, and HOOOLY **** with both in action, the car is a beast now! Tires chirping, neck snapping, wife screaming and more!).

So what I'm wondering is, by any chance, does anyone know the exact names of this part? (My guess was rubber socket, but no luck). Also I've accidently broke the clip that holds two hoes in place towards the back of the engine which is also attached to the heat shield. Snapped that thing trying to pull the shield out. So if anyone can provide me with the names of these 2 parts or where to find them, to help my OCD mind be put to rest, that would be awesome!

·
Registered
119 Posts

Hi vin.

Glad to hear your trips to the local private runways are treating you well. Around here, we have to take trips to Mexico to bounce the limiter.

Exhausts can be pretty subjective, and it's pretty hard to get a good read on things though sound clips. Do you have a clip from a system you'd like? I've heard enough of these that I might be of some help in narrowing the field down.

·
Registered
119 Posts
This isn't quite a question about the MPP itself but related in a way. I've successfully installed my MPP, but in the process of pulling the side cover/heat shield? from its place, I've dropped the rubber piece that holds the cover snug tight in place, into the engine carriage sigh (circled in red on the attached image). I probably don't need it since the bolts do the job pretty well and its most likely long gone for sure after taking the car for a spin (BTW, I've installed the MPP and GP, and HOOOLY **** with both in action, the car is a beast now! Tires chirping, neck snapping, wife screaming and more!).

So what I'm wondering is, by any chance, does anyone know the exact names of this part? (My guess was rubber socket, but no luck). Also I've accidently broke the clip that holds two hoes in place towards the back of the engine which is also attached to the heat shield. Snapped that thing trying to pull the shield out. So if anyone can provide me with the names of these 2 parts or where to find them, to help my OCD mind be put to rest, that would be awesome!
Thank you for the feedback and that most excellent description, mryi. Well said. Our Alfa White Giulia at the CA came back from the body shop just this last week. We have our Monza exhaust on that one, so I've been in the same boat as you this last week - though it's a Giulia screaming, which tends to be way more pleasant on the ears than passengers.

Regarding the missing bits - shoot me an email so that it's on my to-do list for tomorrow afternoon. I should be able to source those for you.

[email protected]

1 - 20 of 20 Posts