Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner

41 - 60 of 77 Posts

·
Registered
1,807 Posts

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
Sure thing.........Not being lazy but if you can post details in a reply, I'll send them out through an email....

D

·
Registered
3,088 Posts
oh, I am lazy, a copy & paste of the post:

Alfa Romeo Mass Meet-Up
Sunday April 28th, 2019
11A-1PM
1 University Ave
Westwood, MA
Coffee, Conversation, & Cruise

Sound good?

And, yes @BostonDMD , any Alfa is welcome!

With a Westwood /Dover 2 lane drive for those inclined.

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
Email blast sent out to my convention email list which has many CT and New England members on it....D

·
Registered
1,381 Posts

·
Registered
327 Posts
is this still on for tomo?
i swapped my bmw event time/date so i can attend this.
it was freezing yesterday tho and tomo is expected to be cold/wet as well.

bmw event was fun for what it was given it was free.
no real reason to push harder on autocross b/c u don't win anything for being the top other than bragging rights.
new 330 doesn't seem to be as fun to drive as giulias are but close imo. however tech-wise, it's mile miles ahead.
lase-headlights, digital dash, headsup display, better camera(hi-res), all-around camera.
fully loaded 330xi with pretty much every option checked off is just shy of 60k which is similar to giulia ti-sport q4 w/ every option ticked off as well at 59k

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
Yes, definitely still on!

It looks like low 50s but the rain holds off until later in the afternoon.

I am looking forward to it!

·
Registered
3,534 Posts
OK guys, I was wondering too. The Ferrari club is having a watch party at the dealership so I will be there first. I may be late, but the race should be done by 11 and I'll zip over. We will need to back track to get up to Dedham first via Route 1 but it's worth it. Old Dedham square and the court house is nice too.

·
Registered
327 Posts
OK guys, I was wondering too. The Ferrari club is having a watch party at the dealership so I will be there first. I may be late, but the race should be done by 11 and I'll zip over. We will need to back track to get up to Dedham first via Route 1 but it's worth it. Old Dedham square and the court house is nice too.
Well, hope you can make it sooner than later.
wasn't the whole purpose of meeting in westwood was b/c of the route you mentioned?
Leclerc crash & vettle's qualifying is just sad.
Ferrari seemed to be in better shape but they just can seem to bare fruit.
They showed such strong pace in practice sessions.
Maybe Hamilton lied about saying Merc being difficult to work in 2019 and magic won't happen to catch up w/ Ferrari overnight to get the guard down.
It's still early stage in the season but so far, doesn't look good at all.
Vettle literally handing 6th title to Hamilton at this point.

See you all tomo! hope my car's not the only dirty car that shows up.

·
Registered
3,088 Posts
"the route you mentioned"
my guess on "the route' is you could just go north on University and Clapboardtree and avoid the center of Dedham.

·
Registered
199 Posts

·
Registered
3,088 Posts
Thanks to alfista!
Too bad about the drive getting split through dedham mall traffic, but pretty funny to encou ter you guys going the other way. But by following we lost our guys who were ahead and gone.

And we "picked up" an extra participant, who saw us passing the grocery store and decided to join up.
REALLY good to have a couple older Alfas along!

·
Registered
2,304 Posts
@Alfisto, thanks for putting this together......

It was nice to meet all the other Alfa enthusiasts.......

I think the next meet should be at a track........you know.....where alfas really thrive......:grin2:

·
Registered
3,088 Posts
BostonDMD didn't get his full "fix" Saturday.
but if he had, he'd be even more desperate for more - such is the life of an addict!

·
Registered
3,534 Posts
Haha! Great time guys. Sorry about the traffic. If I had my head on straight, I would have built this map beforehand. I am an information professional after all ;)

Try this:

https://goo.gl/maps/3uTt4siQHU3cebhF9

Lost, you were right about Clapboardtree. Just outside of my knowledge at that moment, but way more efficient than the mall traffic! I should have figured at that time of day on a Sunday. The watch party was short notice and there were only about 4 people there. Food was great but rolling out of bed for an 8 o'clock was tough. ;) Great time! :D

·
Registered
3,534 Posts
To make up for the traffic headache, here are some pics from FoNE. Salute!

Attachments

·
Registered
2,304 Posts
BostonDMD didn't get his full "fix" Saturday.
but if he had, he'd be even more desperate for more - such is the life of an addict!
Actually I did, but not in an Alfa...... :)

41 - 60 of 77 Posts