Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner

1 - 20 of 77 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The winter is (almost) over. Temps are increasing.

The extra salt and sand will be cleaned up. I am getting good with the ONR.

Let's have a meet up!

I know this was briefly discussed in an earlier thread. But if we can get at least 10 committed, that would be great.

The two owners I have met recently would be up for it. Who else?

And, then: where and when?

I think the Burlington/Waltham area is central for Metro N/W/S and might work on a Sunday in April. There is a SBux at the Market Place off 128/95. It should be quiet on a Sunday...

Please respond with interest and any ideas.

·
Registered
3,534 Posts
I'm interested. I have Easter with family to go to but my brother lives up there anyway. I am getting more familiar with the area but anything outside of Easter should be OK. I still have to pay my excise tax so maybe I should shut up and put my money in the bank. ;)

·
Registered
327 Posts
I'm down. still not putting summers on yet as new england is known to get nasty end of april blizzard/snow storm in the past before.

if we are going for a cruise, rest stop on 95S near Wellesley, 90W Natick/Framingham, 95N Lexington might be decent place w/o worrying about parking in sbux.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Great. I was thinking post Easter/Passover, too.

Xc1097, those spots can definitely work. Let’s hear from more folks and then carve out exact date/time/place.

·
Registered
2,304 Posts
I am up for it. I think Burlington area would work fine.....

·
Registered
327 Posts
Great. I was thinking post Easter/Passover, too.

Xc1097, those spots can definitely work. Let’s hear from more folks and then carve out exact date/time/place.
Easter is 04/21.

i believe first cars & coffee for larz anderson is on 05/11.

we could post bunch of dates or make a poll before or after easter and go from there as well.

@Nik @Bella Berlina @nells18 @Joshinator99 are other MA members i remember that are here as well who might be interested.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Easter is 04/21.

i believe first cars & coffee for larz anderson is on 05/11.

we could post bunch of dates or make a poll before or after easter and go from there as well.

@Nik @Bella Berlina @nells18 @Joshinator99 are other MA members i remember that are here as well who might be interested.
Thanks for the heads up xc1097! Could work for me depending on final day and time. I’ll keep an eye on this thread.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I am interested as well. Let me know what date and location you guys decide on.

Just put my summer tires/rims back on this past weekend - hoping for no more snow.

-Doug

·
Registered
282 Posts
Definitely interested, as long as I have no conflicts with when we're doing it I'll be there. Pretty much any location will work for me so let's see what works best for everyone.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
All right! Thanks for all of the responses!

Sunday the 28th is the day after Passover, the week after Passover. If that is not a good date for some other holiday/other reason I may have missed, please let me know.

I will be in Burlington tomorrow and scope out an area there that might work

-John

·
Registered
327 Posts
All right! Thanks for all of the responses!

Sunday the 28th is the day after Passover, the week after Passover. If that is not a good date for some other holiday/other reason I may have missed, please let me know.

I will be in Burlington tomorrow and scope out an area there that might work

-John
please no mall parking lots. gets too much attention with burlington cops & mall security even in small numbers.
what's the purpose of the meet? just meeting for quick coffee? light drive/cruise?

there is starbucks on burlington mall road, but gets pretty busy in the morning on sundays and parking lot isn't too big.
i still think rest area meet is better idea to not get crazy attention with ample parking.
95n bound has rest stop between exit 30a & 30b.

soldiers road starbucks parking near acura of boston is another place w/ ample parking w/o causing much attraction/attention imo.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Another thought is an office building parking lot... usually dead on the weekends. My office building at 1 University Ave in Westwood might be a good choice. Easy on/off 95, and I doubt anyone would bother us.

·
Registered
199 Posts
I'm always game for an Alfa meetup. There are also quite a few AROC members with Giulia's and Stelvio's.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Just a heads up to those of you in the Greater Boston area, Central Alfa in Norwood, MA where I bought my Giulia is no longer in existence. I just called them to schedule my first maintenance and they no longer support Alfa Romeo service. They do have all the other Fiat/Chrysler brands, but no Alfa anymore.

It looks like the only option is Alfa Romeo of Boston in Wayland. Kinda sucks.

·
Registered
3,088 Posts
general consensus (I think) - although choices are good, central wasn't.

Westwood area would be way better for a meet than up north!

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
So, we have quite an interest here! Stelvio's are of course welcome @Greg Stidsen, especially the Quads!

Since there is some digression on where - which we can vote on now or later - either

95N Reststop between exits 30A-30B Lexington

or

1 University Ave Westwood or similar office park

Let me know your thoughts.

But now, let's lock up a date

Sunday the 28th 11a-1pm

Will this work?

·
Registered
327 Posts
Just a heads up to those of you in the Greater Boston area, Central Alfa in Norwood, MA where I bought my Giulia is no longer in existence. I just called them to schedule my first maintenance and they no longer support Alfa Romeo service. They do have all the other Fiat/Chrysler brands, but no Alfa anymore.

It looks like the only option is Alfa Romeo of Boston in Wayland. Kinda sucks.
Central isn't only one that shut the door. Kelly in Danver has shut it's doors too.
So only Herb's 2 locations are only place for Alfa, until new Alfa dealer next to Acura of Boston opens up.
Heard it's opening in late summer so we'll see.

So, we have quite an interest here! Stelvio's are of course welcome @Greg Stidsen, especially the Quads!

Since there is some digression on where - which we can vote on now or later - either

95N Reststop between exits 30A-30B Lexington

or

1 University Ave Westwood or similar office park

Let me know your thoughts.

But now, let's lock up a date

Sunday the 28th 11a-1pm

Will this work?
BMW has autocross event at Xfinitiy center on 28th.
so 11am~1pm won't work for me.
let's do more like cars & coffee schedule of 7am~9am on saturday or sunday morning instead.

if we are plan to do on rest stop, I vote for 90E/90W Natick/Framingham stop. doesn't matter which direction tho.

regarding office park, security can still harass or call cops for trespassing so i wouldn't recommend it.

1 - 20 of 77 Posts