Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
876 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had this car for 3 months, i do love driving it, but as i took the car for detail job after winter, they refused to do it saying they dont wanna damage the paint anymore, i asked what they are talking about, and the guys showed me front bumper and 3 of my wheels.... pics attached

Went to dealer and we agreed to make a service appointment and do full inspection, and they gonna send pictures to chrysler warranty or something like that, i hope everything is gonna get taken care of

Attachments

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
I heard of some wheels from the Thailand factory having the "peeling" issue. I am more concerned about the bumper though, it really shouldn't crack like that. Maybe you got a "lovetap" from a careless driver?

·
Registered
2,988 Posts
Not so sure I would call it 'major'. Definitely a problem and absolutely disappointing. To me, major would be the engine exploding, or some such #@!&

Let us know what the dealer says please.

·
Registered
876 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The whole left side of the bumper looks like it was resprayed some time before i got it and its chippinh away from rockchips, whole front has some kind of overspray, specially visible on windshield, im afraid the car was damaged prior selling and now its coming out

·
Registered
70 Posts
The whole left side of the bumper looks like it was resprayed some time before i got it and its chippinh away from rockchips, whole front has some kind of overspray, specially visible on windshield, im afraid the car was damaged prior selling and now its coming out
Hopefully this isn't the case, but unfortunately happens with lots of new cars, especially if damaged on transit or on the lot. Most state laws are between 3-6% of car's MSRP. If damage is less than that, they do not have to disclose any repairs.

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
keep us posted with what happens.

thanks

·
Registered
2018 Q4 with Fiamenghi Ti exhaust, Race Mod, and Tecnico wheels.
7,715 Posts
Just a little Devil's advocate: could any of this damage have been done while hooning in that snow covered parking lot with the nannies disabled?

I noticed some speckling on my windshield the day I picked it up. Imperial Works seems to have fixed whatever that was, but now I am concerned that it was paint overspray from some repair. That might be consistent with the excessively long delivery time of my vehicle as well.

·
Registered
537 Posts
That’s entirely possible, but not what I’d call “major flaws”, even if it was original paint. Even the wheels, some peeling clear isn’t a huge deal as long as it gets fixed properly.
Did you order the car new?

·
Registered
876 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
That’s entirely possible, but not what I’d call “major flaws”, even if it was original paint. Even the wheels, some peeling clear isn’t a huge deal as long as it gets fixed properly.
Did you order the car new?
Got it from the dealer as a lease deal it already had 470miles of test drives lol

·
Super Moderator
1,086 Posts
The dealer's detailer is probably using acid based wheel cleaner causing the clearcoat to boil. Not the first time someone used it full strength and left it on the wheels for too long. 1st set of Giulia wheels that I think we've seen with that symptom on this site?

·
Registered
630 Posts
The dealer's detailer
There's your problem. In my experience, dealer based detailers typically do work that looks good from afar but is far from good. Given the volume of vehicles they process and the resources management is willing to devote to it, speed is the name of the game, not quality. If you want quality detailing, you really need go to a dedicated facility with pros who do nothing but detail high-end cars all day long and who take their sweet time. Basically, you want your dealer to suffer from obsessive compulsive disorder and an unhealthy obsession with minute details. Hence the name....

·
Registered
‘19 Giulia Ti Sport Q4
3,887 Posts
Ew. That's pretty nasty stuff, and yeah, should be warranty repair. I've seen peeling wheels like that many years ago, and on old cars, but never on something so new. Very disappointing and worrisome. Do keep us updated.

·
Registered
2,988 Posts
I have a standing order at my dealer. They are not allowed to wash or clean any of my cars, EVER! Watching these guys clean cars is absolutely scary. If you want your paint partially removed, they're real good at that.

Reactions: Max

·
Registered
876 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Scheduled appoitment for service this wednesday (will be inspecting wheels, bumper, light) ill ask to do an oil change even thought its a bit early according to maintenance schedule, (but really if it was my car and not a lease i would have changed oil like 2 times already, i dont understand how they let the cars go 10k miles with one oil service especially after breakin period thats just wreckless...)
so hopefully ill get latest updates too

·
Registered
449 Posts
Hi, has anyone noticed a lot of wind noise when using the sunroof? Normally there would be some, but is mitigated by the leading edge. I know...shut the roof!

·
Registered
876 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Had the car at dealer today, insisted to do an oil change even though they didnt want to since its not at 10k miles yet, anyway i bitched around a bit and they did it, tryed to adjust my driver side headlight (was impossible, something wrong with the headlight) so they special ordered a new one,
for the paint: they took pictures and sent it to alfa romeo usa, and said they will give me a call in a week or so with answers.. so im waiting now :D

·
Premium Member
2,086 Posts
before you drive off the lot go into Infotainment and ensure they reset the maintenance schedule. I drove off and got 5 minutes away before I realized it was missed.

·
Registered
876 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
before you drive off the lot go into Infotainment and ensure they reset the maintenance schedule. I drove off and got 5 minutes away before I realized it was missed.
yup checked it once i got in the car shows 10k miles till next service

Reactions: FNM
1 - 20 of 47 Posts