Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was surprised to see the Giulia only comes with the first oil change. All service beyond is at owners cost. I called a few dealers to try to get info on interval and cost of the service. I was told oils changes every year or 10,000 miles. One dealer said $289 and the other was $375. They were not sure what else was required. One said car would need spark plugs at 30,000 miles. He guessed that would be about $1300. They were embarrassed they did not know cost and type of service required at each interval. They said I would get a return call tomorrow.

Are folks signing up for prepaid service. I was told it would be $1400 on a 3 year lease with 15,000 miles per year.

Thx

·
Registered
18 Posts
I believe the 30K is brake fluid as well as spark plugs. I didn't bother looking into prepaid as I'm on a 24 month lease at 10K a year. Planning on bringing her back just shy of the 20K service...

·
Registered
94 Posts
Plugs at 30k, Brake fluid is every 2 years regardless of mileage, Cabin filter every 20k or sooner depending on outside conditions. Belts are recommended at 36k bout state that they must be replaced at 4 years regardless of mileage. Engine coolant they say at 150k

·
Registered
1,815 Posts
Those prices are insane.

Anyhow, question: when does "1 year" starts counting?
Build date of the car? Do you guys know if the fluids are filled on the build date or later?

·
Registered
2020 Alfa Romeo Giulia Sport Ti AWD
7,373 Posts

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
Lol!

Alfa dealers, by definition, have no idea.
"What's a matter you?
Gotta no respect
whatta ya think you do?
why you looka so sad?
it's a not so bad
it's a nice-a place
Ah shaddup a you face!"

:D

·
Registered
2017 Alfa Romeo Giulia Quadrifoglio
953 Posts
Change spark plugs at 30k??? I haven't really perused my maintenance schedule yet but that is just insane! Why is the interval so short???? I thought it was industry standard to change spark plugs at 100 k with a tune up?

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
Crazy Eddie!

Wow, this thread is proving more entertaining than I thought. Must be Friday! Cars & Caffe at Ferrari of New England tomorrow morning, 10-2. If you show up, don't tell them I sent you ;) But I think it is a public event. Rossina will be there.

·
Registered
7,373 Posts
Change spark plugs at 30k??? I haven't really perused my maintenance schedule yet but that is just insane! Why is the interval so short???? I thought it was industry standard to change spark plugs at 100 k with a tune up?
Crying foul.

·
Registered
7,373 Posts

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I was very surprised that all maintenance is not covered during lease term. I all the cars I had lease in the last 15 years it was all covered except tires. My last S4 I purchased Audi care which cost $800 but it raised the residual by a point and paid for itself. Never had anything done on Audi, Jaguar or Mercedes more than fluids, filter and brake pads. Spark plugs at 30k mikes seems odd. The dealer said they have prepaid maintenance but it was around $1400. What do brake pads on the Brembo non ceramic cost??

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
High Boost applications (aka QV) requires spark plugs to be changed a lot sooner. Still looking for a prepaid maintenance plan but no options so far lol.

·
Registered
2019 Rosso Competizione Stelvio Ti Sport Nero Edizione
651 Posts
My thought exactly

Thank you for asking that. I had the same question. I've never leased a car that needed the spark plugs changed and I've done 4 consecutive 3-year, 36k mile leases.
Also, I've never owned a car that had maintenance costs anywhere near these prices. Where are these numbers coming from?
If they are accurate, I wonder if it is too late for me to get the prepaid maintenance plan.

·
Registered
2017 Alfa Romeo Giulia Quadrifoglio
953 Posts
High Boost applications (aka QV) requires spark plugs to be changed a lot sooner. Still looking for a prepaid maintenance plan but no options so far lol.
That is eye opening! For the normal consumer, they will never expect spark plugs to be changed so early. I wonder with all these turbo (high boost) injected engines coming to market, if the customers will become accustomed to severely short time intervals for a major engine component where before they would do it at 100k miles.

Thank you for asking that. I had the same question. I've never leased a car that needed the spark plugs changed and I've done 4 consecutive 3-year, 36k mile leases.
Also, I've never owned a car that had maintenance costs anywhere near these prices. Where are these numbers coming from?
If they are accurate, I wonder if it is too late for me to get the prepaid maintenance plan.
Exactly, based on these insane maintenance costs every 20-30k miles, having a maintenance plan is a no-brainier. My goodness. Here I thought, all I had to worry about was changing brakes, tires, and oil with the first 100k miles.

But by the time you hit 100k miles, you would have changed your spark plugs 3 times, changed your serpentine belt 5 times, changed your brake fluid 2 times etc!!! WTF!

·
Registered
5,009 Posts
I was very surprised that all maintenance is not covered during lease term. I all the cars I had lease in the last 15 years it was all covered except tires. My last S4 I purchased Audi care which cost $800 but it raised the residual by a point and paid for itself. Never had anything done on Audi, Jaguar or Mercedes more than fluids, filter and brake pads. Spark plugs at 30k mikes seems odd. The dealer said they have prepaid maintenance but it was around $1400. What do brake pads on the Brembo non ceramic cost??
to be clear...you Pre-Paid your maintenance by buying a package...correct?? so technically it is not included...
BMW USED to have included maintenance, that you didn't pay for in any shape....but that ended with 2016 models...going forward with 2017 you can pre-pay maintenance plans with them at different levels...
that was one of the reasons I never leased an Audi or Merc

as far as my personal vehicles...I am overly pro-active with service because I keep/own them. My Quad has 6250 miles on it and I did an initial oil change at 1200. at 6500 I will change the oil again...yeah it gets expensive...but I like the piece of mind and the binder of service records I tend to keep so there is never an issue....but to each his own

·
Registered
1,815 Posts
1 - 20 of 36 Posts