Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
872 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi All!

Looking for some help and access to tech connect. I'm looking for the following:

1. Procedure to change the rear differential fluid on my 18' QV as well as the clutch packs.

2. Transmission oil change procedure on my 18' QV as well as the Mopar Oil Pan Part number is possible.

Thanks for you support in advance!

If you can take a look too @Beta Romeo it would also be much appreciated!

·
Registered
422 Posts
Is it recommended to change the transmission fluid? Thought the best thing was to leave that system closed and never open it.

·
Registered
872 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Is it recommended to change the transmission fluid? Thought the best thing was to leave that system closed and never open it.
There was a post from 2 years ago on these forums that the ZF lifeguard fluid get changed out every 50k or sooner if you track it.

I was at my dealer today and he was showing me on his computer screen that the transmission oil change and pan/filter is like changing the oil in a differential there's a fill and drain plug.

·
Registered
422 Posts
O it is for sure doable. Just depending on who you talk to if you should or not. once you flush it you kick up any metal and swirl it around wherever it ends up. Hopefully out but not all of it. Plus I believe you need a specialized tool to force pressure through the trans to get the fluid out.

IMO he was trying to sell you the service. I believe others on here are 60k+ miles on original fluid.

·
Registered
872 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
O it is for sure doable. Just depending on who you talk to if you should or not. once you flush it you kick up any metal and swirl it around wherever it ends up. Hopefully out but not all of it. Plus I believe you need a specialized tool to force pressure through the trans to get the fluid out.

IMO he was trying to sell you the service. I believe others on here are 60k+ miles on original fluid.
Trans flushes are not to be done on the ZF transmissions to my understanding.

·
Registered
872 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

I was asking him about the service not the other way around. The dealer is 2 hrs away from me so I need to be able to do as much as I can myself.

·
Registered
872 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I know I'm pushing my luck now, but can I also get the transmission fluid change procedure too?

Thanks a lot in advance, I know I'm being a pain.

·
Premium Member
2,488 Posts
Ok follow these instructions and then use the video above for the fill procedure....

when you put the pan back up, you will see there is an o'ring around the suction port for the filter assembly..lube it with some clean trans oil and make sure it's lined up with the pump hole on the valve body, then just push the pan up and you will feel it "snap in" ..tighten all the bolts and fill er up...

make sure the trans is hot when you check the fluid for the final time

Attachments

1 - 18 of 18 Posts