Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Motor Authority report reverts back to the 276HP gas engine:
http://www.motorauthority.com/news/...iulias-regular-trim-levels-revealed-in-geneva

Interesting that the QV will only come with manual.

Clearly the bulk of Giulias won’t be Quadrifoglios. But what about the tamer trim levels? Well, Alfa Romeo has revealed them for the first time and we’re glad to report they look just as sporty as the Quadrifoglio. They include a base Giulia and mid-level Giulia Super.

Buyers of these trim levels have three engines to choose from, one gasoline unit and two diesels. A 6-speed manual transmission is standard but an 8-speed automatic is available. Rear-wheel drive is also standard with all-wheel drive available as an option. Quadrifoglios come exclusively with the manual and rear-wheel drive, though.

The gasoline engine offered on the Giulia and Giulia Super is a turbocharged 2.0-liter four-cylinder that comes with 197- and 276-hp ratings. We’ll get the latter (276hp) in the United States as standard. The diesel engine is a turbocharged 2.2-liter four that comes with 148- and 177-hp ratings and isn’t expected to be offered in the U.S.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Nore info from Carscoops: http://www.carscoops.com/2016/03/alfa-romeo-giulia-officially-revealed.html

All versions of the Giulia will also feature a Forward Collision Warning system with Autonomous Emergency Brake and pedestrian detection. A new, 8.8-inch Connect Nav 3D system controlled by a rotary pad offers an advanced voice recognition function and complete connectivity with all mobile devices.

Depending on the trim level, the Alfa Romeo Giulia will have a 3.5-inch or 7-inch color display fitted on the instruments binnacle offering readings depended on the selected driving mode.

The new Alfa Romeo Giulia range will be comprised by the Giulia, Super and Quadrifoglio versions. Entry-level models will get all the active safety systems as standard, including the Forward Collision Warning (FCW) with Autonomous Emergency Brake (AEB) and pedestrian detection, IBS (Integrated Brake System), Lane Departure Warning (LDW) and cruise control with speed limiter.

Optional Sport and Luxury Packs will also be offered, with the latter offering full-grain leather upholstery for the seats to which is added power adjustment and heating functions, real wood interior finish, chrome trim on the side windows and Xenon 35W headlights with AFS (Adaptive Frontlight System).

The Sport pack includes sports steering wheel with added grip, aluminum inserts on the dashboard, center console and door panels, and Xenon headlights.

·
Registered
288 Posts
I think that white isn't the best color on it though. The red and the blue look better for some reason. I think it shows off the body contours better. Do you think the design will be able to compete with BMW, Audi, etc...

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Do you think the design will be able to compete with BMW, Audi, etc...
I like the looks, inside & out and most of the specs are good. Cd (0.32) is not very good - A4 = 0.24, but the base model may be better than the QV. I'm actually looking for something to replace my 335i with a little more character and better handling but don't want something too coarse or unreliable. So, waiting for info from press drives.

I'm also looking at the Jaguar XE, but I like the Alfa interior better and prefer the control knob to the touchscreen.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

Attachments

·
Registered
288 Posts
A few questions that we still have not had answered by Alfa:

What will the cost be of the different variants and engines?

Which options will be available in the US?

Will the US get the choice of both diesel engines?

I'm assuming some of this will be answered around when Euro production begins March 14th.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
A few questions that we still have not had answered by Alfa:
- What will the cost be of the different variants and engines?
- Which options will be available in the US?
- Will the US get the choice of both diesel engines?

I'm assuming some of this will be answered around when Euro production begins March 14th.
Yes, still some unknowns, but we know from LA show presentation they only mentioned 276hp model with $40K starting price.

Not clear if this would include both Base & Super variants, but I suspect we will get limited range in US and only have option for "Super" version elsewhere and either Luxury or Sport flavors.
They'll likely want to limit the engine variants they need to certify and support in the US with the limited dealer network and will want to create a sport marque, so no diesel engine options, at least at first.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I'm also looking at the Jaguar XE, but I like the Alfa interior better and prefer the control knob to the touchscreen.
The journalists have been writing high praises for the XE's handling. I'm hoping the Giulia will be on the same level.

This wood trim without a glossy finish is very Volvo...I like it.

The fit of this orange-colored (Tabacco is the name?) lower dash panel here does not seem perfect. Something the Germans wouldn't miss:

Cupholders are concealed beneath a panel in front of the transmission lever:

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Alfa CEO Harald Wester's presentation at Geneva:
http://fcauthority.com/2016/03/watch-the-alfa-romeo-giulia-debut-in-geneva-video/

Interesting to note at ~8:54 he says Giulia Cd is < 0.25. This contrasts with 0.32 claimed before (for QV only?). Seems the base Giulia may be much cleaner than the QV.
At ~11:20 he mentions the engines, including the higher power gas & diesel variants.

Would be nice to find a link to the video clip playing in the background.
The white car looks very nice on the road.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.