Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Vendor
930 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Purchase our most popular Power Pack Upgrade for the Alfa Romeo Giulia and save even more!

Power, Response and Savings!

This pack includes the MADNESS MAXPower Engine Control Module and the MADNESS GOPedal. Both items are designed to plug right in and deliver improved power and response. Wake up your Alfa Romeo Giulia 2.0L with this Power Pack and save!

The MADNESS MAXPower Engine Control Module provides you with an affordable and proven way to give your Alfa Romeo Giulia 2.0L more horsepower and torque. The ECM is completely Plug and Play and will instantly transform your Giulia.

The MADNESS GOPedal is designed to reduce initial lag, the GOPedal connects to your stock pedal assembly and allows you to choose between settings for different driving styles.

More information and pricing can be found on our website
https://madnessautoworks.com/alfa-romeo-giulia-20l-madness-power-pack-stage-1-pid7423

Let us know if you have any questions

·
Registered
26 Posts
hmm, very tempting....

I'm in Dallas and may have the car down in Austin next week - y'all install as well?
I know its 'plug n play' - but it may be more tempting if I can stop and go :)

·
Vendor
930 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hmm, very tempting....

I'm in Dallas and may have the car down in Austin next week - y'all install as well?
I know its 'plug n play' - but it may be more tempting if I can stop and go :)
Yes, we certainly do. Just call ahead so we have the harnesses set aside.

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
Dyno numbers?

·
Registered
333 Posts
Dyno numbers?
I do not believe they will have any Dyno numbers. With that being said, I have installed the ECM and am happy with the results. I have removed it, which is very easy, to take my Stelvio to the dealer and I did notice a difference when the EMC was unplugged and the bypass plug installed. I did not do a before/after, as for me their 30 day return covered my concern. I went this route as it would be my luck my Stelvio would go to limp mode and with this unit, one just unplugs it and plug in the bypass plug and the ECM can be completely removed. Just a suggestion, one should always check the fine print on returns with any company.

This is just my opinion and am just a customer that has used this Madness product.

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
They claim to have spent many hours testing it but there are no numbers to be had. i would think strong dyno numbers would be good for sales.

·
Registered
119 Posts
They claim to have spent many hours testing it but there are no numbers to be had. i would think strong dyno numbers would be good for sales.
Hi guys. A little late to the party here, but wanted to clarify a few things.

Dyno numbers aren't priority one on this product for us. Real world reliability, driveability, and performance is.

Without this turning into a dissertation here, a claim of "many hours testing" isn't just a claim. Before a product like our MAXPower ECM goes to market, it starts off on our personal vehicles. Once we, as a team, as a company, have put enough mileage on mapping though all the conditions we can generate on our own, we branch out to partners in the US and abroad who are willing to accept that kind of responsibility and liability. "Invite-only", if you will. This is pretty paramount to what we do, as we need to make sure that our ECM is going to deliver in ideal circumstances (93 octane, springtime in Montana), as well as adverse (questionable 91 octane in a South Florida summer). If it passes those benchmarks, we'll put a wide release on it. That's a lot of hours.

As an example: there's an intake kit we have listed on our website as "coming soon". It took a couple different prototypes to get us here. This one's seen about 2 months' worth of thrashing under my lead foot in 95+ degrees ambient. I think it's safe to start taking preorders.

Not trying to downplay the role of dyno testing by any means; as I stated in another thread, I'll 100% agree that dyno figures are the best way to be able to visualize change in hp/tq output following any sort of modification. And the key word there is visualize. I know that many users out there will only make a purchasing decision based upon quantitative evidence. We understand that. I personally can be that consumer with certain products - it's not a bad thing. But on a vehicle that doesn't like being on the dyno, it would be very easy to have substantial variation between numbers we advertise and the numbers a client achieves independently. Regardless of how or why, it typically ends up as a lose-lose situation.

We're also not in the business of getting into any sort of mudslinging, which can happen surprisingly quick when number comparisons devolve into "who's is bigger than who's". To put it simply, we offer a pretty affordable product that produces a pretty substantial change in power output. It's completely reversible - it can be uninstalled without a trace, or reverted to stock for diagnostic purposes in under a minute. Paired up with the GOPedal, it's pretty transformative.

We have a 30-day money back guarantee on both of the items in this package. Don't think the GOPedal does anything? Try it. It'll take you 10 minutes to install. Think the ECM's just smoke and mirrors? Give it a shot. Our youtube video breaks down the install process, and the Non-BT version of the ECM installs in about an hour and change with basic tools. Adaptation takes about 80 miles, but I guarantee, you'll know when it's adapted.

Over the years of doing this, I've personally met far more users who are more concerned about real world performance versus chasing numbers. Numbers are definitely a selling point, but I'm not as concerned with moving twice as many units as I am with simply sharing how much better this car plays around when you add in a couple of plug and play items. Seriously, you should feel what I feel.

I'd like to encourage you all to just reach out to me directly.
Feel free to give me a call, PM me, or shoot me an email. I've had the chance to meet quite a few of you through my inbox and in person. Happy to share what I can with you guys.

·
Registered
443 Posts
Hi guys. A little late to the party here, but wanted to clarify a few things.

Dyno numbers aren't priority one on this product for us. Real world reliability, driveability, and performance is.

Without this turning into a dissertation here, a claim of "many hours testing" isn't just a claim. Before a product like our MAXPower ECM goes to market, it starts off on our personal vehicles. Once we, as a team, as a company, have put enough mileage on mapping though all the conditions we can generate on our own, we branch out to partners in the US and abroad who are willing to accept that kind of responsibility and liability. "Invite-only", if you will. This is pretty paramount to what we do, as we need to make sure that our ECM is going to deliver in ideal circumstances (93 octane, springtime in Montana), as well as adverse (questionable 91 octane in a South Florida summer). If it passes those benchmarks, we'll put a wide release on it. That's a lot of hours.

As an example: there's an intake kit we have listed on our website as "coming soon". It took a couple different prototypes to get us here. This one's seen about 2 months' worth of thrashing under my lead foot in 95+ degrees ambient. I think it's safe to start taking preorders.

Not trying to downplay the role of dyno testing by any means; as I stated in another thread, I'll 100% agree that dyno figures are the best way to be able to visualize change in hp/tq output following any sort of modification. And the key word there is visualize. I know that many users out there will only make a purchasing decision based upon quantitative evidence. We understand that. I personally can be that consumer with certain products - it's not a bad thing. But on a vehicle that doesn't like being on the dyno, it would be very easy to have substantial variation between numbers we advertise and the numbers a client achieves independently. Regardless of how or why, it typically ends up as a lose-lose situation.

We're also not in the business of getting into any sort of mudslinging, which can happen surprisingly quick when number comparisons devolve into "who's is bigger than who's". To put it simply, we offer a pretty affordable product that produces a pretty substantial change in power output. It's completely reversible - it can be uninstalled without a trace, or reverted to stock for diagnostic purposes in under a minute. Paired up with the GOPedal, it's pretty transformative.

We have a 30-day money back guarantee on both of the items in this package. Don't think the GOPedal does anything? Try it. It'll take you 10 minutes to install. Think the ECM's just smoke and mirrors? Give it a shot. Our youtube video breaks down the install process, and the Non-BT version of the ECM installs in about an hour and change with basic tools. Adaptation takes about 80 miles, but I guarantee, you'll know when it's adapted.

Over the years of doing this, I've personally met far more users who are more concerned about real world performance versus chasing numbers. Numbers are definitely a selling point, but I'm not as concerned with moving twice as many units as I am with simply sharing how much better this car plays around when you add in a couple of plug and play items. Seriously, you should feel what I feel.

I'd like to encourage you all to just reach out to me directly.
Feel free to give me a call, PM me, or shoot me an email. I've had the chance to meet quite a few of you through my inbox and in person. Happy to share what I can with you guys.
I have been around the tuning scene for a long long time and this is by far the best answer I've ever seen from a vendor. Very nice, guys.

·
Registered
223 Posts
I have the stage 1 power pack and I definitely feel the performance gains. Madness is great company and they always take time to address any concerns or questions you have. I had one time a check engine light for electronic throttle control and that might be because I was in the canyons driving very hard with the go pedal on race mode with one green light on. After few hours the check engine light went away. Went back up the same canyon 1 week later and turned the go pedal down to sport + with 3 green lights and had zero problems. Over all is it better than a tune? Maybe not but for the money it's hard to beat. Had the power pack for 2 months now and other than that 1 time ISSUE it's been trouble free. And I drive my car hard.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
In terms of comparing different options, dyno numbers are useful. I also want to know what I'm paying for in terms of added performance.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I'd also like to see dyno numbers. I have the ECM and have been meaning to do some performance testing (ie., 0-60). It wasn't totally obvious to me around that 80 mile adaptation but I had a long highway run at that point.

I suspect power is up a bit, but I'm not 100% convinced. This thread has convinced me to get off my butt and do the performance testing! I just need to find a good road for it...

·
Registered
94 Posts
How can you develop a device to improve performance without having objective methods to evaluate real world performance? I can’t imagine a development process that does not include taking reliable quantitative measurements to evaluate each iteration along the way.

Objective quantitative measurements are not just marketing tools, they are development tools.

When I modified automobiles I owned, I was often surprised when I measured the results of my efforts. Sound quality and volume, drivability, and the accelerometer in my head were not reliable indicators of changes in performance.

It’s not difficult to evaluate the real world difference in performance between two differently equipped vehicles. You just have to want to find the truth and take careful measurements under controlled conditions.

Carefully documented A-B comparisons are more challenging and more important when modifying vehicles controlled by software that is being continually upgraded by the OEM.

·
Registered
119 Posts
How can you develop a device to improve performance without having objective methods to evaluate real world performance? I can’t imagine a development process that does not include taking reliable quantitative measurements to evaluate each iteration along the way.
Hi Endeavour,

I don't know that there's any electronic tuning/performance product on the market that doesn't incorporate quantitative measurements in the development process. I agree with you on that; it'd be reckless at best, erring on the side of dangerous.

To clarify, in relation to our MAXPower ECM - measurements of AFRs and Boost Levels (and management of) are the absolute baseline starting point in the development phases of all programming on our Engine Control Modules. Not just for the Giulia, but for every vehicle we offer an ECM for.

Objective quantitative measurements are not just marketing tools, they are development tools.
To defer to my previous post: Not trying to downplay the role of dyno testing by any means; as I stated in another thread, I'll 100% agree that dyno figures are the best way to be able to visualize change in hp/tq output following any sort of modification. And the key word there is visualize.

I agree. In the development phases of something like our ECM, that's how you determine the end effects of what changes have been made. I don't think it's possible to develop a product of this nature without having quantifiable data to validate change.

When I modified automobiles I owned, I was often surprised when I measured the results of my efforts. Sound quality and volume, drivability, and the accelerometer in my head were not reliable indicators of changes in performance.
Agreed as well. Louder does not directly correlate with faster. There are kids out there with Fiats who I wish could grasp that concept.

It’s not difficult to evaluate the real world difference in performance between two differently equipped vehicles. You just have to want to find the truth and take careful measurements under controlled conditions.

Carefully documented A-B comparisons are more challenging and more important when modifying vehicles controlled by software that is being continually upgraded by the OEM.
You are correct. And that is why calculated software has been used for measurement purposes in the many instances where FCA group vehicles have proven themselves inconsistent on reasonably available dynos; just an example of a less difficult evaluation compromise that I'm sure other users can relate to.

If you'll visit either of our stores, you'll see a full-service shop. And office space, warehouse space, and showroom space. We do a lot. We also work with a lot of partners in the industry; at a local level, we have paint, powdercoating, vinyl, upholstery, stereo, fabrication, and even custom composite services. At national/international levels, we can take the above and add in software/mobile work - and my personal favorite, tuning work.

We have played host to some pretty brilliant minds in the years that MADNESS has been in business. In the span that I've been here, there are 3 real standouts who have been instrumental in working with us in fine-tuning things for regional conditions. With that said, I think that every vendor has the choice of what they choose to disclose and what they do not, as ultimately the development figures of a product are proprietary information.

A last thing I want to mention here: at no point am I saying we will not post dyno numbers, there are just more pressing tasks ahead of us.

Just throwing out another option here - and this offer extends to anyone with the chance to stop by our TX shop: Drop me a message offline and arrange an appointment. I'll give you a personal tour of the entire facility, an intro to our team members, the whole nickel tour. If you're up for it, we can give you a demo ride in our Giulia and Stelvio. You can't print out a ride along, but I guarantee it'll be a lot more interesting than a chart. Hopefully that can hold some of you over in the interim.

·
Registered
119 Posts
I'd also like to see dyno numbers. I have the ECM and have been meaning to do some performance testing (ie., 0-60). It wasn't totally obvious to me around that 80 mile adaptation but I had a long highway run at that point.

I suspect power is up a bit, but I'm not 100% convinced. This thread has convinced me to get off my butt and do the performance testing! I just need to find a good road for it...
Hi Joey,

Send me an email again, we had a dialogue going for a little bit there. Maybe I can shed some light on the topic, or there's something I can assist with remotely.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Will it void my warranty???
Hi Gio,

Every dealership and service department is different. Some things to note here: it's not that products inherently just void a warranty, that's ultimately a call made by someone in a service department.

I like to think of each part as having a "warranty risk" associated with it, if you will. Things like aftermarket air filters and cat-back exhausts are generally accepted by most dealerships and service departments, though there are always exceptions.

On the opposite side of the spectrum swapping out to a bigger turbo would be something I'd consider permanent; you aren't re-converting that back to stock with relative ease, and I don't know of any service department that would be okay with that without any prior arrangements or understanding.

So there's a pretty big gray area of safety in-between, that's somewhat dependent on how comfortable you are with the idea of reverting to stock if necessary, and somewhat dependent on how comfortable a dealer is with anything aftermarket.

I consider the GOPedal to be extremely low-risk due to the fact that it can be turned off, or uninstalled in maybe 5-10 minutes in a worst case scenario.

The MAXPower requires a bit more effort to install (and therefore uninstall, if needed), however if it's a minor office visit, the bypass plug included with the kit will allow you to safely decouple the tuning box leaving only the harness present under the hood (no tuning module present). Many dealerships and service departments are accepting of that as a compromise.

Ultimately, the safest route is to open up a dialogue with a service manager, starting with "exploring the idea of a performance air filter" and gauging where it goes from there. You would be surprised how many dealerships throughout North America we do business with.

On that note, there are many dealerships who are OK enough with our products to buy them. Other dealerships will give the OK, so long as they install them. Feel free to pass along our website and my contact information, too. I've had the pleasure of converting a few Service Managers to our cause; it's a very different conversation when I'm able to expand on things like "completely reversible", "does not overwrite any factory programming", and "2 year warranty, 30-day money back guarantee".

Hope this helps. As always, reach out to me directly if I can expand further or assist you otherwise.

·
Registered
443 Posts
As someone that's been a consumer in this space for a long time and one that will probably never do a power mod to my QV I want to point out one more thing.

A dyno can be made to demonstrate anything you want. It's not nearly the quantitative test it seems to be. After years in the VW space I realized that a real dyno is about as accurate as a butt dyno. It's great guidance but nothing more. That's not me saying one shouldn't be done for this product. It's me saying it's far from critical.

·
Registered
223 Posts
As someone that's been a consumer in this space for a long time and one that will probably never do a power mod to my QV I want to point out one more thing.

A dyno can be made to demonstrate anything you want. It's not nearly the quantitative test it seems to be. After years in the VW space I realized that a real dyno is about as accurate as a butt dyno. It's great guidance but nothing more. That's not me saying one shouldn't be done for this product. It's me saying it's far from critical.
I agree 100%

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

·
Registered
94 Posts
I should have been more specific.

"Real world performance" means on-the-road performance.

Dynos readings can be manipulated and can be used to deceive.

A dyno can be used to evaluate net changes in power outputs that result from a series of modifications to an engine. However, understanding the power and torque curves generated by a series of test runs requires experience and sophisticated analysis. Useful but not sufficient.

Even rigorous controlled dyno results are not sufficient to evaluate the on-the-road impact of modifications. That's why manufacturers have test tracks.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts