Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went the least expensive route with the Madness red Start/Stop button on my Giulia....very pleased for $15.00

Attachments

·
Registered
857 Posts
Looks fine. Is it something simple like a cover that goes over the black button?

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I thought some might like to see it...went the cheap route and I'm very pleased with the results...took me less than a minute to apply.
Rubbing alcohol to clean the current button, removed double sided tape on new button...apply with some pressure and Viola'

Attachments

·
Registered
876 Posts
Looks fine. Is it something simple like a cover that goes over the black button?
just a cover, im wondering if the letters are transparent and you can see light through them

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Took me less than a minute to apply. Rubbing alcohol to clean the current button, removed double sided tape on new button...apply with some pressure and Viola'..it just sits on top of the current black button but is so thin that it looks factory to me.

·
Registered
2,988 Posts
I thought some might like to see it...went the cheap route and I'm very pleased with the results...took me less than a minute to apply.
Rubbing alcohol to clean the current button, removed double sided tape on new button...apply with some pressure and Viola'
So this is a sticker on top of the black button? Or a red plastic button overlay on top of the original?

·
Registered
2,988 Posts
I merged duplicate threads together. No need for two threads, same subject, same author.

·
Registered
876 Posts
Looks good in there and it is certainly easier than a full replacement button.

They are not stickers, they are an aluminum cover.

does the original light of the letters shine through the cover ?

·
Vendor
1,193 Posts
does the original light of the letters shine through the cover ?
No, the lettering is not translucent. So light will not shine through it.

·
Premium Member
2020 Giulia TI
523 Posts
I also purchased one For $15.00 why not? Seems well made, easy to install. Not a problem that button no longer lights up; the button will always be in the same place on the wheel.

·
Registered
857 Posts
No, the lettering is not translucent. So light will not shine through it.
I just ordered one anyway (even though no light shines through). It looks pretty good but it isn't $15, it's a whopping $16.99 ($0 shipping cost). If I like the way this red button looks, I may go crazy and order the genuine red replacement button from madness, when I feel the urge to spend a bit more.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I purchased mine during the July 4th Special last week when they cut the price :wink2:

·
Registered
13 Posts
I just ordered one anyway (even though no light shines through). It looks pretty good but it isn't $15, it's a whopping $16.99 ($0 shipping cost). If I like the way this red button looks, I may go crazy and order the genuine red replacement button from madness, when I feel the urge to spend a bit more.
This is exactly what i did. Ordered the cover and if i ever feel crazy (lol) ill get the OE red one.

·
Registered
597 Posts
Need to make one that's inverted, the lettering is black and opaque, and the rest of the button glows red

Reactions: Denis85

·
Registered
4,310 Posts
I paid ~$70 for the QV OEM red switch and the service department at my dealer installed for free.

Reactions: Denis85
1 - 17 of 17 Posts