Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner

61 - 70 of 70 Posts

·
Vendor
1,099 Posts
Discussion Starter #61
We tried other lowering springs that were available for the Giulia on our own car and while the improvement was noticeable we felt we could do better.

These MADNESS Lowering/ Performance Springs were developed as a joint effort with our European Partners that produce some of the best performance spring in the world.

To get the MADNESS Lowering Springs for your Alfa Romeo Giulia Please visit the link below:

Alfa Romeo Giulia Non-Quadrifoglio

Alfa Romeo Giulia Quadrifoglio

·
Vendor
1,099 Posts
Discussion Starter #62
Upgrade the handling of your Alfa Romeo Giulia!

Alfa Romeo Giulia Lowering Springs by MADNESS

Designed specifically for the Alfa Romeo Giulia with progressive spring rates to ensure a comfortable ride with improved handling.

For the full details on the MADNESS Lowering Springs for your Alfa Romeo Giulia please visit the link below:

Alfa Romeo Giulia Quadrifoglio

Alfa Romeo Giulia Non Quadrifoglio

·
Vendor
1,099 Posts
Discussion Starter #63

·
Vendor
1,099 Posts
Discussion Starter #64

·
Registered
148 Posts
@MADNESS Autoworks is any new bolts required when installing the new springs?
Cliffs Notes:
The correct answer is that any OEM manufacturer would require it.

In our experience however - on the suspension install, as long as the bolts are of good condition once removed and not defective, stretched past their capacity or corroded, it is not necessary to replace them.

If it makes you feel more comfortable with the install, you absolutely can. The overwhelming majority of us have not.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Cliffs Notes:
The correct answer is that any OEM manufacturer would require it.

In our experience however - on the suspension install, as long as the bolts are not of good condition once removed, and not defective, stretched past their capacity or corroded, it is not necessary to replace them.

If it makes you feel more comfortable with the install, you absolutely can. The overwhelming majority of us have not.
Eric, have a question about the pics on your webpage for the NON QV. The red Giulia seems to have a larger wheel gap on the rear than the Blue Giulia. Is one a Q2 and the other a Q4??

·
Registered
148 Posts
Eric, have a question about the pics on your webpage for the NON QV. The red Giulia seems to have a larger wheel gap on the rear than the Blue Giulia. Is one a Q2 and the other a Q4??
They're both RWD, actually.

I think part of the wheel gap can be explained by the wheels, as there's 3 different sets in those photos. Tire sizing, wheel offset, lighting angle and photo angle can all have some effect on perception of gap.

Regardless of drive type, gap after install would be roughly 0-1 finger on the front / 1-2 fingers on the back. Hard to pin it exactly due to natural variances on the car and drive types.

·
Registered
238 Posts
They're both RWD, actually.

I think part of the wheel gap can be explained by the wheels, as there's 3 different sets in those photos. Tire sizing, wheel offset, lighting angle and photo angle can all have some effect on perception of gap.

Regardless of drive type, gap after install would be roughly 0-1 finger on the front / 1-2 fingers on the back. Hard to pin it exactly due to natural variances on the car and drive types.
Eric, Thanks for the response and that makes complete sense. I have the same wheels as the blue Giulia, however in a Q4. That is the stance I am looking for and the gap you stated is good in my book as well

·
Registered
145 Posts
Ok...so has anyone who installed these have issues with camber and excessive inner tire wear?
personally I think 1/2 of the lowering I see in pics would be best compromise all around.
Has anyone tried other springs w less drop?
oh...I was also questioning if the adaptive dampers are ok with a drop.
I guess the QV and Ti sport owners can chime in please

61 - 70 of 70 Posts