Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner

21 - 40 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
417 Posts
Hey ChaiGuy... Ive been in touch wotj Sqaudra several times... according to them the current springs offfered do work however they feel that they are a little to low and ride comfort is affected.. additionally, a set for the Q4 have been finalized and are in production from Eibach... contact Squadra they are very informative in their email correspondences
Awesome stuff man, thanks for that info! Very helpful.

·
Vendor
996 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Good news!

Our springs are scheduled to be delivered this coming Monday.

Those of you that have pre ordered: Thank you! We will try to get them all out by Tuesday.

We will also post some pics of the installs on different models and feedback for those that have asked.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Definitely interested in the QV option when I purchase next spring as I don't like the QV wheel gap with the stock suspension. Two questions:
Can you share the manufacturer of the springs?
How do the QV stock spring rates compare to these?

I like a firm suspension for track use but want to ensure a comfortable ride for daily driving in dynamic mode with the soft damper setting.

BTW - I can't wait to purchase some of the CF upgrades you offer (i.e. side mirrors with AR graphic, front V-grill and A/C vents) Are you going to offer a CF replacement piece (not stick-on) for the black surround on the shifter itself

Thank you!

·
Super Moderator
1,076 Posts
Guys, Madness is a paying vendor and helps us keep the lights "on" for our enthusiast Giulia site. They provide support to the members for their products and post interesting product info in this "Sponsored" vendor section.

There are many other vendors out there and I would hope that they would sign on to be vendors as well. Though, I thought I would mention that it is slightly unethical to allow other non-sponsored vendor product information to be posted in the Madness sponsored section.

If you have another product that seems interesting, please discuss it elsewhere in the other sections of the Forum.

Thanks for hopefully understanding. :)

·
Registered
312 Posts
Guys, Madness is a paying vendor and helps us keep the lights "on" for our enthusiast Giulia site. They provide support to the members for their products and post interesting product info in this "Sponsored" vendor section.

There are many other vendors out there and I would hope that they would sign on to be vendors as well. Though, I thought I would mention that it is slightly unethical to allow other non-sponsored vendor product information to be posted in the Madness sponsored section.

If you have another product that seems interesting, please discuss it elsewhere in the other sections of the Forum.

Thanks for hopefully understanding. :)
My apologies, did not mean to hijack thread or diminish Madnesses' quality products or informative insight..

·
Vendor
996 Posts
Discussion Starter #27

·
Registered
319 Posts
The springs are now in stock. All pre orders have been shipped as promised and on time.

If you are looking to lower your Giulia our MADNESS Springs are a great option and currently at the $199.99 price point they are also a fantastic deal.

http://madnessautoworks.com/2017-Alfa Romeo-Giulia/alfa-romeo-giulia-lowering-springs-by-madness-non-quadrifoglio-models-pid7247
Would the QV springs fit the regualr Q4? Reason I ask is due to the higher spring rates - less of a chance for bottoming out? Also, will these fit the Q4 Vs Q2?

·
Registered
35 Posts
The springs are now in stock. All pre orders have been shipped as promised and on time.

If you are looking to lower your Giulia our MADNESS Springs are a great option and currently at the $199.99 price point they are also a fantastic deal.

http://madnessautoworks.com/2017-Alfa Romeo-Giulia/alfa-romeo-giulia-lowering-springs-by-madness-non-quadrifoglio-models-pid7247

Has Madness done any testing on Ti models with the adaptive suspension? Does it negate the 'adaptive' feature and result in more of a 'fixed' feature, or throw any codes?

·
Registered
39 Posts
The springs fit the Q4 perfectly. Took less than 4 hours to install. Really takes care of that AWD wheel gap. The ride is a bit stiffer (and less forgiving over bumps), but handling is improved. They are well worth the 199$.

Attachments

·
Registered
187 Posts
The springs fit the Q4 perfectly. Took less than 4 hours to install. Really takes care of that AWD wheel gap. The ride is a bit stiffer (and less forgiving over bumps), but handling is improved. They are well worth the 199$.
Do you have before and after FtG height measurements? What size are the wheels and tires?

·
Registered
39 Posts
Looks good, did you install them your self? If so do you mind sharing any details, like how difficult or any time saving comments?

I had a local performance shop do the install.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Do you have before and after FtG height measurements? What size are the wheels and tires?

I didnt take any measurements, just relied on the fact that they fit the Q2 and the Q4 had a larger gap.

The wheels are the base 17x7.5 - 225/50R17.

·
Registered
319 Posts
I didnt take any measurements, just relied on the fact that they fit the Q2 and the Q4 had a larger gap.

The wheels are the base 17x7.5 - 225/50R17.
Looks great! Not sure if it's the way the picture was taken, but is the front a bit lower/raked vs the rear? Did the shop where you had them installed do an alignment or was anything else needed? Did they say how much more they'll settle over time? Any rubbing issues?

·
Registered
2017 Alfa Romeo Giulia Quadrifoglio
943 Posts
Madness states the drop is 1.4 inches all around. The Giulia's stock stance is lower on the front than on the back so if you were to use the madness springs, the stock stance would remain but it would probably mean the front would be dropped excessively compared to the rear. I am concerned how the madness springs would look on a regular Giulia (not the Q4 which has a higher clearance) because the front is already lowered than the rear.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Looks great! Not sure if it's the way the picture was taken, but is the front a bit lower/raked vs the rear? Did the shop where you had them installed do an alignment or was anything else needed? Did they say how much more they'll settle over time? Any rubbing issues?

Thefront is a bit lower. It wasn’t noticeable with the stock springs, but there isa slight rake. No alignment was needed. I had other quotes that said one would.My guy was clear that the alignment was not affected (I will monitor this).There are no rubs. I did a test in a large parking lot and went over a curb. Noissues. I didn’t ask about settling, but Im sure there will be some over time,most likely not noticeable. Imputting 19s on in the spring, so my biggest concern was fitting larger wheels.It looks like the 19X8s with 225/40/R19s will fit. Diameter increases only .2”and width stays the same at 8.9”.

Reactions: Chicago

·
Registered
6,019 Posts
Thefront is a bit lower. It wasn’t noticeable with the stock springs, but there isa slight rake. No alignment was needed. I had other quotes that said one would.My guy was clear that the alignment was not affected (I will monitor this).There are no rubs. I did a test in a large parking lot and went over a curb. Noissues. I didn’t ask about settling, but Im sure there will be some over time,most likely not noticeable. Imputting 19s on in the spring, so my biggest concern was fitting larger wheels.It looks like the 19X8s with 225/40/R19s will fit. Diameter increases only .2”and width stays the same at 8.9”.

From an older thread, my measurements:

Q4 front fender skirt behind the front wheel is 6" off the ground.
Q4 rear fender skirt in front of the rear wheel is 7" off the ground.
The panels under the car are slightly higher than the fender skirts.

Q2 front fender skirt behind the front wheel is 5" off the ground.
Q2 rear fender skirt in front of the rear wheel is 6.5" off the ground.
The front fascia is about 1" higher than the fender skirts.

So they both have some rake, but Q2 has more rake than Q4. These values are *probably* set by the springs so that:

The expected drop in front is 2.4".
The expected drop in back is 1.9".

Don't drive in any deep snow.

·
Registered
643 Posts
Interesting, that's lower than I expected in the front. If a stock Q4 is only .6" higher than Q2, then a 1.4" lowering shouldn't (to me appear that low on the Q4 based on your pix ) (only a net .8" difference.)

I'm not saying it looks bad at all, but low for my taste, at least in front. Rear looks perfect.

21 - 40 of 63 Posts