1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Vendor
931 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
14 Posts
Any idea on pricing? I'm in Houston and plan on making a trip to y'all in the coming months for an ECM module, exhaust, and spoiler... lowering spring would be the icing on the cake!! ( I already have a novitech GP1 pedal booster because they had it available upon realease, otherwise I'd be picking up a GoPedal as well)

·
Registered
45 Posts
I've got a Q4 coming, but I don't like the extra ½ inch wheel gap compared to the RWD version.

Would these springs bring a Q4 down to RWD ride height, or does the Q4 have different springs altogether?

·
Registered
5,605 Posts
I've got a Q4 coming, but I don't like the extra ½ inch wheel gap compared to the RWD version.

Would these springs bring a Q4 down to RWD ride height, or does the Q4 have different springs altogether?
FWIW: Note how the Q2 is a little nose down in front. Q4 is more level. This is evident in the entry and exit angles quoted in the Giulia "how to get your vehicle onto a flat bed tow truck without damaging it" instructions in the PDF archive on this website. If you want a Q4 to look like a Q2 you need to lower the front a lot and the rear only a little bit.

·
Vendor
931 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Any idea on pricing? I'm in Houston and plan on making a trip to y'all in the coming months for an ECM module, exhaust, and spoiler... lowering spring would be the icing on the cake!! ( I already have a novitech GP1 pedal booster because they had it available upon realease, otherwise I'd be picking up a GoPedal as well)
Hi Brad,

We'd love to have you stop by and give you a tour of our location so you can see some of the MADNESS we have going on here! :)

As far as pricing..

The springs will retail for $299.99 and will have an introductory sale price of $199.99!

This is a fantastic deal for Top Quality, Made in Germany springs made exclusively for us.

I have updated the listing on our website: https://madnessautoworks.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=7247

They're currently in production. Shipping end of July 2017!

Do you have spring rates?
Hi Driven,

We will have springs rates and some more information by next week!

JakobHP,

I will see if I can get an answer for you on that.

·
Vendor
931 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Do you have spring rates?
Our site is updated with the spring rates!
Front: 216 lbs / in
Rear: 245 - 320 lbs / in

Will these springs work with the adaptive dampers as well?
We are not entirely sure. We used a 2.0L Giulia here in the states and in Europe to develop these lowering springs. We would need to have them installed on a Q4 in order to be absolutely sure.

If you or someone on this forum is interested in testing this product on the Q4, feel free to reach out to me directly by PM and I'll work with management to see what kind of deal I can get for you!

199.00 deal...count me in.

Call me when they arrive...Chris in Lakeway.
Hey Chris! They are available on our site for pre-order! Shipping end of July 2017!

https://madnessautoworks.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=7247

Ditto on the question if these will work for AWD Ti
Hey there Giovanni, these springs were designed to fit on Giulia Base 2.0 models. However, we will have more options in the near future!

·
Registered
39 Posts
Springs

Are you still looking for someone to try this on an AWD, or is known for sure they will not work?

·
Vendor
931 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
Are you still looking for someone to try this on an AWD, or is known for sure they will not work?

EDIT

Our first batch of springs are shipping out from Germany this week and are scheduled to arrive by next week! Once they're here were going to be installing them on several Giulia models: base, ti, Q4!

Any more pics? Specifically of a Q4?
Hey there Boostedhybrid,

we have a few interior and exterior photos in our build thread here http://www.giuliaforums.com/forum/826-madness-autoworks/12938-2017-alfa-romeo-giulia-build-let-madness-begin-3.html We have not fit any of these on a Q4 here in Texas just yet but will be doing so very soon!

·
Registered
417 Posts
Is it not possible to approach this from a more technical perspective rather than requiring a test vehicle? I can speak for myself but I certainly wouldn't want to be the guinea pig for springs.

Shouldn't this be more about understanding the spring rates on the stock Q4 system and seeing if these lowering springs are actually applicable? I imagine these lowering springs can be installed (hope this isn't an incorrect assumption) but the concern is what is the impact to ride quality in soft and firm on the adaptive dampers.

With the spring rates / numbers I would hope we could speculate what the ride quality would be like.

·
Registered
5,605 Posts
On a related issue with Q4: what about fitting lowering springs, then installing an Airlift 1000 kit inside the springs in order to be able to lift the vehicle up when the snow gets deep? Will the springs tolerate being "stretched" that way? With this heavier than optimum system the air pressure can be used to determine suspension height and there is no chance of a suspension collapse due to an air leak and there shouldn't be a significant change in spring rates.

·
Vendor
931 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
Is it not possible to approach this from a more technical perspective rather than requiring a test vehicle? I can speak for myself but I certainly wouldn't want to be the guinea pig for springs.

Shouldn't this be more about understanding the spring rates on the stock Q4 system and seeing if these lowering springs are actually applicable? I imagine these lowering springs can be installed (hope this isn't an incorrect assumption) but the concern is what is the impact to ride quality in soft and firm on the adaptive dampers.

With the spring rates / numbers I would hope we could speculate what the ride quality would be like.
Our MADNESS springs are manufactured in Germany and have been engineered to pass strict T.U.V. certifications for safety.

These springs were designed to fit the 2.0L model and should work well on all 2.0 models. We also have a specific set up for the Quadrifoglio Model as well.

Each one of these springs is different in design and have different rates and lowering thresholds. The springs for the non Quadrifoglio models lower the vehicle approx 35mm. The springs we are releasing for the Quadrifoglio Model drops the vehicle approx 25 mm. Both were designed to work properly in each application or else they would not pass T.U.V. certification.

Any time you are installing lowering springs on a vehicle ride quality will be slightly compromised. However, with this kind of a drop and the design of the Giulia suspension, ride quality is really not that big of an issue.

To give you an idea we are currently running prototype springs with a set of 20" Custom Vossen Wheels. We have 30 series tires in the front and 25 series tires in the rear and the ride quality is still good with no complaints from those that have driven the car or the numerous passengers that have ridden in it in the front and back!

Hope this answers most of your questions and concerns and as we get more of these springs installed we will post additional pictures and feedback!

On a related issue with Q4: what about fitting lowering springs, then installing an Airlift 1000 kit inside the springs in order to be able to lift the vehicle up when the snow gets deep? Will the springs tolerate being "stretched" that way? With this heavier than optimum system the air pressure can be used to determine suspension height and there is no chance of a suspension collapse due to an air leak and there shouldn't be a significant change in spring rates.
Hey Lockem

We don't really encounter too much snow down here in TX! :)

That sounds like something that is much more custom then a simple bolt on set of lowering springs.

If that is something you would be interested in doing give us a shout and we would be more than happy to work with you on it.

We have a custom Toyota Sienna Minivan as the family hauler here at the shop and we have designed and installed a fully custom airbag suspension on it controllable by your phone. It is a daily driver and has logged in over two years of service with zero issues!

This spring set up is a pretty common, easy upgrade that should work very well for most. For the few that want something really custom we can certainly go much further. We do custom project vehicles pretty regularly at our two locations. Maybe we will post up a separate thread sometime in the near future giving some an idea of some other custom rides that we have had some fun with.

·
Registered
417 Posts
Our MADNESS springs are manufactured in Germany and have been engineered to pass strict T.U.V. certifications for safety. These springs were designed to fit the 2.0L model and should work well on all 2.0 models. We also have a specific set up for the Q4 as well. Each one of these springs is different in design have different rates and lowering thresholds. The non Q4 lowers approx 35mm and the Q4 approx 25 mm. Both were designed to work properly in ea application or else they would not pass the T.U.V. certification......
I'm sorry this didn't answer my question... Let me be more specific.

1. Do you know the stock factory spring rates for a Q4 with Adaptive Dampers?

2. When you say you have a setup for the Q4. Is this for a Q4 with Adaptive Dampers? If so please point me in the right direction.

Just want us to get out of the 'should work' language and be more definitive. If the answers to the above are unknown thats ok to. Just managing expectations.

·
Vendor
931 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)

2. When you say you have a setup for the Q4. Is this for a Q4 with Adaptive Dampers? If so please point me in the right direction.

Just want us to get out of the 'should work' language and be more definitive. If the answers to the above are unknown thats ok to. Just managing expectations.
Understandable! Unfortunately, as the Social Media Rep I do not have the stock spring rates for the Q4. I will notify management and ask for feedback and more info and once I have that I will update the thread.

Here is the link for our MADNESS Lowering Springs:

Alfa Romeo Giulia Lowering Springs - Non Quadrifoglio Models:

http://madnessautoworks.com/2017-Alfa Romeo-Giulia/alfa-romeo-giulia-lowering-springs-by-madness-non-quadrifoglio-models-pid7247

Alfa Romeo Giulia Lowering Springs - Quadrifoglio Models:

http://madnessautoworks.com/2017-Alfa Romeo-Giulia/alfa-romeo-giulia-lowering-springs-by-madness-quadrifoglio-model-pid7344

The product links detail information about each version. As always if you have any questions please do not hesitate to call our team, email us or if needed drop us a DM here and we will forward it to our CS Team and we will get you prompt assistance.

·
Registered
312 Posts

Hey ChaiGuy... Ive been in touch several times... according to them the current springs offfered do work however they feel that they are a little to low and ride comfort is affected.. additionally, a set for the Q4 have been finalized and are in production. they are very informative in their email correspondences

1 - 20 of 61 Posts