Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 92 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New Giulia Ti owner (1 week) and I'd like to squeeze a little more out of the stock motor. Do any of the seasoned experts on here care to give me an idea on why I'd go with one tune over the other?
I realize it's a little apples to oranges but I'd love to get everyone's take on these two companies tunes Euro+Drive for $1,199 versus the MaxPower by Madness for $499.
Sincere thanks to those that respond from a complete novice.

J.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Chaiguy...yes, I have. I should have clarified. I was looking for some real world opinions between the two. I read through both and I guess it comes down to modest gains for $500 or something more aggressive for over $1,000.

J.

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
Eurocompulsion all the way. They design and engineer most of their performance parts, plus they go through rigorous testing before making it available.

·
Registered
'17 Ti Sport Q4 w/ Active Shocks & LSD
815 Posts
Spendy but worth every penny!

Sure the Eurocompulsion is an investment, but the results have been top notch. I am not comparing, since I’ve only gone the EC route.

Service and customer response are unbeatable with Chris, Toby and Greg. My ECU was “unknown” to their database, and I decided to ship them my computer, so they could get the image into their design-base. They paid shipping both ways, did their work same day, and had my tune ready to load, when the ECU was returned.

The results were astounding!! Many on this board have said, “this is what Alfa should have shipped”. Butt dyno sez, N feels about 75% of D on the stock tune. Big improvements on shift points, smoothness, acceleration and in N mode, my mileage is actually about the same or better. In D mode, watch out! Easily 40-50HP improvement, on a dead stock Giulia. I’m adding the V2 intake and Centerline Corsa exhaust tomorrow, and that gets over 85HP increase, putting the car solidly into Jag supercharged V6, KIA Stinger V6 and Audi S4 performance territory. LE 2.5t, Stinger 4cyl, BMW 340 and A3-A4 will all be blown away by this combo.

Probably the best news on EC’s approach is that they do it with un-hacked ECU code, just table changes. All default FCA controls are still inforce. The stock map is an easy reload, and down the road, when Phase 2 is introduced, it is NO CHARGE. Rumor has it that P2 will boost HP into the 100+ range, take torques to the limits of the ZF tranny and eliminate the speed limiter, moving the Giulia up from a 149mph top end to 160+ (estimated 168 at redline), should you have the course and balls to wanna go, go, go.

Hope this helps, and “no” I’m not on the EC payroll, just a thrilled client.

Easy choice. One choice for me.

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
Eurocompulsion all the way. They design and engineer most of their performance parts, plus they go through rigorous testing before making it available.
Plus you get Dum Dums.>:)

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
Based on the interactions I've seen on this forum, I went the EC way, I got a better vibe from them. They promptly respond any question.
Also, they provide dyno sheets to backup their claims and they specialize on FCA products while Madness is all over the place.

·
Registered
‘19 Giulia Ti Sport Q4
3,887 Posts
Based on the interactions I've seen on this forum, I went the EC way, I got a better vibe from them. They promptly respond any question.
Also, they provide dyno sheets to backup their claims and they specialize on FCA products while Madness is all over the place.
That's how I'm calling it, too, although really, it's not that Madness has bad reviews or dissatisfied customers that I can see, so I also want to support them for giving our small community attention. Yeah, they could do better interacting on the forum, but I know enough good people who really don't engage on social media at all because they just don't "get" it, so I'm careful not to judge Madness too harshly for that, though as a business, it's no doubt important, as we're seeing evidenced in this thread.

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
I've purchased from Madness before and while I haven't gotten screwed I've been annoyed at times. They tend to not keep track of their stock, which is annoying when you plop down good money only to be told the item is out of stock after completing the sale. Pet peeve of mine. I feel you're lost in their system. Eurocompulsion is by far one of, if not the best automotive vendor I ever dealt with.

·
Registered
1,782 Posts
Eurocompulsion all the way. Their tune isn't just a power boost, it effects everything. The overall smoothing out of not only power, but throttle response and transmission shift response has an amazing effect on the feel of the car. I also have their V2 intake which made a noticeable effect on smoothing out the acceleration (I had it for a few months before getting the tune).

The Euro tune works in all modes; A, N and D and you can feel it compared to stock. I agree with others who've stated that the intake/tune combo transforms the Giulia into the car Alfa should have shipped. It now feels much more like the not-much-littler brother to the Quadrifoglio. Before this intake and tune, the car looked like the QV but was clearly not in the same league performance-wise. Now it is. It also adds the fun of being a sleeper; if 'other brands' are looking for the green clover leaf badge and don't see it, they're in for a surprise. ;)

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
That's how I'm calling it, too, although really, it's not that Madness has bad reviews or dissatisfied customers that I can see
I kinda was, as I made an order on floor mats that on the site showed as available. Then found out they really weren't and waited for weeks with no response on my emails. After a month I decided to cancel the order and -voila- now they had them and were about to ship them, but I wasn't interested anymore as I found those mats on ebay for a third of the price. They created a shipping label in an attempt to make me keep the order. Cancelling was not easy and took another 10 days to get the Paypal refund (which takes 30 seconds to do).
So, one day I might go back shopping by them, but I was not happy.

·
Registered
619 Posts
If I don't get an update on the qv tune soon, I will let these guys do the work. they have asked if I would let them use my car as their proof of concept to create a tuning product similar to that of the mac products they currently produce.

they are also in my town so they would be there if I had an issue...certainly an option.

http://hyperfastcars.com/

·
Registered
'17 Ti Sport Q4 w/ Active Shocks & LSD
815 Posts
Sure the Eurocompulsion is an investment, but the results have been top notch. I am not comparing, since I’ve only gone the EC route.

Service and customer response are unbeatable with Chris, Toby and Greg.... I’m adding the V2 intake and Centerline Corsa exhaust tomorrow, and that gets over 85HP ...

Hope this helps, and “no” I’m not on the EC payroll, just a thrilled client.

Easy choice. One choice for me.
Just wanted to chime in having had the EC V2 intake and the Centerline Corsa exhaust on for about 45 days now.

I couldn’t be more thrilled with the overall performance, sound and drivability of the EC P1 tune plus these add-ons. Sub 4.7 second 0-60, ridiculous 40-??? mph pulls, great mileage, cheap insurance (compared to QV), and super funky pops, Turbo noises, if I want them. A tad droney 1,700-2,000 with loud startup for first 2 minutes when cold only slightly negative observations.

Happy happy. Joy joy.

1 - 20 of 92 Posts