Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Looking for some input on these three systems (catback) for the 2.0 as I can't decide which to go with. These all seem like good a fit for me, as I'm looking for a system that sounds good and is noticeable, but isn't obnoxious. Hard to tell the differences in loudness from Youtube videos, though.

If I went with Ragazzon, I'm leaning towards non-resonated midpipe (50.0745.80) and muffled rear (50.0718.00).

Open to any other suggestions as well!

·
Administrator
2018 Giulia Ti Sport Q4
4,667 Posts
Looking for some input on these three systems (catback) as I can't decide which to go with. These all seem like good a fit for me, as I'm looking for a system that sounds good and is noticeable, but isn't obnoxious. Hard to tell the differences in loudness from Youtube videos, though.

If I went with Ragazzon, I'm leaning towards non-resonated midpipe (50.0745.80) and muffled rear (50.0718.00).

Open to any other suggestions as well!
What vehicle?

·
Administrator
2018 Giulia Ti Sport Q4
4,667 Posts
OK, so it's going to be difficult to take and give recommendations. You really need to hear them in person to understand how loud they are. For the most part you can understand the tone of an exhaust, but the volume is difficult.

I have a new cat back exhaust from MAPerformance, I love it, but even with listening to many different videos out there I really had to hear it in person to understand.

·
Registered
2021 Giulia Q4 / Madness Forged Carban Wing / Mirror Cap / V Grill
51 Posts
I personal like how the Miltek sound going by YouTube video and others posting video on the Facebook group but then the price is :cautious:. the MAP that @JeFizz just got sound good also, so I'm wanting to see.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
OK, so it's going to be difficult to take and give recommendations. You really need to hear them in person to understand how loud they are. For the most part you can understand the tone of an exhaust, but the volume is difficult.

I have a new cat back exhaust from MAPerformance, I love it, but even with listening to many different videos out there I really had to hear it in person to understand.
True, sound is very subjective. I was leaning towards the Ragazzon because it has a muffler, but it doesn't look huge so I feel it would be loud but not obnoxious.

Do you have the muffled or open version of the MAPerformance exhaust? And do you like the loudness (or lack thereof) of your system?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I personal like how the Miltek sound going by YouTube video and others posting video on the Facebook group but then the price is :cautious:. the MAP that @JeFizz just got sound good also, so I'm wanting to see.
The Milltek does sound very nice, but the muffler on it looks quite big. I'm worried I'll be disappointed with the volume of it. Then again, hard to tell since I've read some people say it's quiet while others say too loud. Wish I could line them all up in person!

·
Administrator
2018 Giulia Ti Sport Q4
4,667 Posts
True, sound is very subjective. I was leaning towards the Ragazzon because it has a muffler, but it doesn't look huge so I feel it would be loud but not obnoxious.

Do you have the muffled or open version of the MAPerformance exhaust? And do you like the loudness (or lack thereof) of your system?
Muffled, and it's been confirmed it's the Vibrant muffler. I just was out driving a bit, and I really like the sound.

·
Registered
364 Posts
I went with the Remus (similar to Ragazzon if I recall right) with the muffler and no resonator because like you I wanted a little bit more sound but nothing annoying. At first I was disappointed because it was too quite but over some time I guess either it broke in or I began to appreciate it and now I 100% love it! Its quite under normal driving but has a little bark when you give it the go pedal. The volume level I would say is close to a loud OEM system on other cars I have heard

1 - 9 of 9 Posts