Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
21 - 40 of 43 Posts

·
Vendor
1,314 Posts
I also had a very long wait for my Go Pedal (Bluetooth) order, but it finally arrived and seems to work fine, but my problem is that the app no longer seems to be available on the (iPhone) App Store! I had downloaded it before receiving the product, but when I tried to connect, the app was just stalled out and wouldn't open, so I tried to re-download, but it appears the problem was that the app is no longer "available in my country or region" (I'm in the US and, as I say, it was available to me a few weeks ago).

Anyone else unable to get the app?
Hello,

Thank you for reaching out, and our apologies for the inconvenience. We pulled the GoPedal App from the iOs store to update the backend of the application last week.

Android users are unaffected and the app is live on the Google Play store.

The changes have been made and the app has been resubmitted to Apple for verification. That process usually takes 7-10 days. Once that is complete the App will be live for download once again.

Thankfully the GoPedal will still work and have 100% functionality using the analog remote so you can still change your driving mode at the press of a button!

We expect the app to be accessible next week, maybe sooner.

If you have any other questions you can drop me a PM and I will get back to you ASAP.

·
Registered
2020 Anodized Blue Giulia TI, RWD
20 Posts
Thanks for that info, Madness! I'll keep an eye out and glad to hear it's still a thing. BTW, I've had a chance to play with the Go Pedal on some great local roads over the weekend and I'm enjoying it a lot. Great product and, in spite of some ordering hiccups, I've gotten great personal responses and comms from Madness (such as here). I'm likely to add a few more things as I get to know this car.

·
Registered
5,279 Posts
Hello,

Thank you for reaching out, and our apologies for the inconvenience. We pulled the GoPedal App from the iOs store to update the backend of the application last week.

Android users are unaffected and the app is live on the Google Play store.

The changes have been made and the app has been resubmitted to Apple for verification. That process usually takes 7-10 days. Once that is complete the App will be live for download once again.

Thankfully the GoPedal will still work and have 100% functionality using the analog remote so you can still change your driving mode at the press of a button!

We expect the app to be accessible next week, maybe sooner.

If you have any other questions you can drop me a PM and I will get back to you ASAP.
What about the app for the discontinued BT only version of GoPedal?

Oops, never mind, I see it in the App Store now.

·
Vendor
1,314 Posts
Thanks for that info, Madness! I'll keep an eye out and glad to hear it's still a thing. BTW, I've had a chance to play with the Go Pedal on some great local roads over the weekend and I'm enjoying it a lot. Great product and, in spite of some ordering hiccups, I've gotten great personal responses and comms from Madness (such as here). I'm likely to add a few more things as I get to know this car.
Thank you SYFer,

Happy to hear you have been enjoying the GOPedal in analog mode while the app was updated.

We actually received word from our I.T. Department that things went much quicker than expected with Apple and the App should be available to download again!

If you do decide to get some additional mods from us, feel free to send me a PM prior and I can have one of our Sales Reps work with you directly, and discuss what you would like to do with your Giulia.

·
Registered
2020 Alfa Romeo Giulia Sport Ti AWD
9,076 Posts
Gee, I was thinking of buying a hat from them.

·
Registered
2020 Anodized Blue Giulia TI, RWD
20 Posts
Thank you SYFer,

Happy to hear you have been enjoying the GOPedal in analog mode while the app was updated.

We actually received word from our I.T. Department that things went much quicker than expected with Apple and the App should be available to download again!

If you do decide to get some additional mods from us, feel free to send me a PM prior and I can have one of our Sales Reps work with you directly, and discuss what you would like to do with your Giulia.
So in all fairness (and because I wince when I keep seeing this IMO overly negative discussion header), I wanted to "circle back" to this and provide a report on my Madness experience and my impression of the Go Pedal+.

First of all, I did get a personal response (prior to my posting) from someone at Madness and they got my stuff out to me fast, once I pointed out the lag. All was good there and I would have zero hesitation about ordering again--likely will. I have some goals, lol.

Also, the app did indeed reappear in the Apple App Store and works just fine.

As to the Go Pedal itself, I love it. I really does make a difference and allows me essentially further customize and fine tune my various driving modes. Although I wanted, expected and thought I was mostly about the "sport" and "sport+" modes (as I am an aggressive driver who likes to drive fast and do so very quickly), it turns out that one of my fave uses is what I call "mush mode" which is when I put my Alfa in it's own "Eco" ("A") mode and add the Go Pedal's "eco---" (three greens below) mode. I live at a beach and one way I savor my head-turning Giulia is to "cruise" the beach, but also for heavy stop-and-go traffic, or any time I want a very smooth, non jerky, ultra tame acceleration with no turbo. Suddenly my Alfa drives like a school bus or a mom minivan and has an entirely different personality that is perfect for those scenarios.

For sports driving, I tend to use yellow minus 1 as a sort of slight goose to Alfa's D or N modes. Red mode? Rare. Crazy. Bottom line is I love the device and highly recommend it as an easy, cheap mod that will give you huge bang-for-buck.

Anyway, despite the thread title, I'm sticking with Madness and wanted to add this positive note, considering I entered the thread during the height of their covid-stall out. All good.

·
Vendor
1,314 Posts
So in all fairness (and because I wince when I keep seeing this IMO overly negative discussion header), I wanted to "circle back" to this and provide a report on my Madness experience and my impression of the Go Pedal+.

First of all, I did get a personal response (prior to my posting) from someone at Madness and they got my stuff out to me fast, once I pointed out the lag. All was good there and I would have zero hesitation about ordering again--likely will. I have some goals, lol.

Also, the app did indeed reappear in the Apple App Store and works just fine.

As to the Go Pedal itself, I love it. I really does make a difference and allows me essentially further customize and fine tune my various driving modes. Although I wanted, expected and thought I was mostly about the "sport" and "sport+" modes (as I am an aggressive driver who likes to drive fast and do so very quickly), it turns out that one of my fave uses is what I call "mush mode" which is when I put my Alfa in it's own "Eco" ("A") mode and add the Go Pedal's "eco---" (three greens below) mode. I live at a beach and one way I savor my head-turning Giulia is to "cruise" the beach, but also for heavy stop-and-go traffic, or any time I want a very smooth, non jerky, ultra tame acceleration with no turbo. Suddenly my Alfa drives like a school bus or a mom minivan and has an entirely different personality that is perfect for those scenarios.

For sports driving, I tend to use yellow minus 1 as a sort of slight goose to Alfa's D or N modes. Red mode? Rare. Crazy. Bottom line is I love the device and highly recommend it as an easy, cheap mod that will give you huge bang-for-buck.

Anyway, despite the thread title, I'm sticking with Madness and wanted to add this positive note, considering I entered the thread during the height of their covid-stall out. All good.
Hello SYFer,

Thank you for your support and feedback on the GOPedal.

I'm happy to see you were able to get the app and got everything connected. Big thanks to our I.T. Team for getting the revisions done quickly.

Like you, I do wince when seeing the thread title as well. We do strive to provide great customer service to all our fellow enthusiasts who are looking to modify their Alfas so when we hear about a negative experience we do take that very seriously.

Stt81691's experience of basically being told to "google it" when having trouble connecting to the app is unacceptable! Even being a new hire and not knowing the exact process, the situation should have been handled much differently.

I would also like to thank everyone who commented and shared their positive experiences in this thread.

The past year has had it's fair share of challenges and delays with our supply chains, and just last week unsafe road conditions and power outages forced our Texas location to close for the week.
(Thank you Art and Eric for handling all phone calls for the week.)
Our Team has been working very hard, often staying late into the evening to process as many orders as possible every day.

If there is anything we can help with please don't hesitate to reach out to us via phone, email, or PM through the forum.
I would also like to give my direct email [email protected] for any forum members who need questions answered/order updates.

·
Registered
988 Posts
I put in an order for 2 items 4 and a half months ago and I am still waiting. Haven’t heard anything. They let me know one cf piece was in months ago - why didn’t they send that? The other one comes from China I suppose , on a very slow boat. I hope it doesn’t turn green like the one Youtuber Autofanatic had to return. The last thing I bought from them showed up in a week. Not happy.

·
Vendor
1,314 Posts
I put in an order for 2 items 4 and a half months ago and I am still waiting. Haven’t heard anything. They let me know one cf piece was in months ago - why didn’t they send that? The other one comes from China I suppose , on a very slow boat. I hope it doesn’t turn green like the one Youtuber Autofanatic had to return. The last thing I bought from them showed up in a week. Not happy.
Hello Richard,

Thank you for reaching out to us.

I do know that many of the freight companies right now have not been giving us very specific tracking information and ETAs. The shipping ports have been inundated with the increase in supply ships coming and many boats sit in the queue for very long times. This has caused us quite a bit of frustration as we get told "The ship is at the port" with no other info if it is the 2nd or 45th one in line and that it may sit there for a week before it is allowed to unload.

I would like to look into this for you and see what is going on with your order.
I'll send you a PM to get your order number and see what I can find out for you.

·
Banned
390 Posts
Had 2 pretty lame experiences with Madness
i was told their tcm flash changes the tcm program: doesn’t, only clear adaption factors
i inquired about installing QV springs in my Giulia. Told they wouldn’t fit and too low..
Meanwhile I already had the rear QV factory springs installed.

·
Vendor
1,314 Posts
i was told their tcm flash changes the tcm program: doesn’t, only clear adaption factors
i inquired about installing QV springs in my Giulia. Told they wouldn’t fit and too low..
I think there may have been some misunderstanding.

We do not offer a flash. We do offer a Plug and Play Engine Module (MAXPower) and also an Autoflash. The MAXPower does not have anything to do with the transmission. The Autoflash remaps the transmission software, but it is not related to the engine module.

We offer a number of different springs, but do not recommend for people to simply swap springs between different models. Can you do it? Sure, you can do anything you like since it is your vehicle. Why don't we recommend that? Usually because if there is ever an issue the user can blame us for the advise. I hope you understand.

·
Vendor
1,314 Posts
I love my madness lowering springs, alfa branded leather key straps, and floor mats... Keep up the awesome work madness!! Hopefully dopes like this keep giving you free advertisement :)
Thank you Sampson!

We appreciate the feedback and support.

·
Vendor
1,314 Posts
We figured out what happened with your order and it is going out today. The order was put on hold because you were in Australia and our site only collected $69 shipping. This is a big box since it contain a front spoiler. The shipping companies have practically tripled their shipping rates and the funds collected were not nearly enough to cover shipping. It looks like some notifications were sent through our backend, but they may have not gotten through for some reason. We have just launched an entire new backend which should help solve this issue.

We have gone ahead and approved the order and will cover the additional shipping costs due to the mix up. The products are all packed up and going out today. We have also PMd you directly. In the future is there is ever a delay drop us an email or a call and we will quickly figure it out.

The last point you bring up is the YouTube video you seen. Here is what we can tell you on this matter. We have pulled every single transaction in our history and do not have ANY Carbon V Shield sales to this person. He has bought a set of mirror covers from us, but not a V Shield he claimed. He had no issues with the mirror covers.

We have reached out to him directly by phone and email numerous times with no response back. We posted comments on his video and they all get deleted. He does not respond back with any information at all. We have attempted to contact him through every way possible and he does not respond back. The only think we can think of is that he we get requests for free products all the time in exchange for positive reviews, forums posts or YouTube videos. Perhaps we said we said "sorry, no we cannot" and someone else said "Sure!". We can't say for sure why this video was done is such a deceptive way, but we can tell you is that if this product was bought from us and this happened we would have exchanged it.

·
Banned
390 Posts
I think there may have been some misunderstanding.

We do not offer a flash. We do offer a Plug and Play Engine Module (MAXPower) and also an Autoflash. The MAXPower does not have anything to do with the transmission. The Autoflash remaps the transmission software, but it is not related to the engine module.

We offer a number of different springs, but do not recommend for people to simply swap springs between different models. Can you do it? Sure, you can do anything you like since it is your vehicle. Why don't we recommend that? Usually because if there is ever an issue the user can blame us for the advise. I hope you understand.
Actually in hindsight I shouldn’t bad mouth anyone but I stand by my post
unless u r really telling me your auto flash really uploads new tcm software VS just clears adaption factors in the tcm. I didn’t mention maxpower , I was specifically speaking about tcm.
As for springs I was told u cannot put QV springs in a 2.0 and if I did, they would be way too low..
Both are false. I love the QV springs from centerline in my QV. Ride height and firmness is excellent IMO. I realize the auto business is super complex and no one knows everything.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Hey.

Kudos to you for finding the right part number you needed and taking the shot on something that you couldn't guarantee the success rate on fitment for. Most won't, due to time, patience, etc.

This sounds familiar. I've only gotten about 2 inquiries since 2017 about QV spring compatibility on the 2.0T. Both were in reference to someone wanting to drop the car 0-0.5" from the current height - just looking for an increase in spring rate, really. Both inquired about using the ST QV springs.

In instances like this, my response is typically "the diameters of the upper and lower sections are the same, but we can't provide any guarantee of where the car will sit at once installed since the ST and MADNESS QV springs are significantly shorter than any of the 2.0T options and we don't have a means to account for spring rate to give you even an estimate of the ride height result." I think I've also said something to the effect of "I'm concerned it would slam the car." based upon the dramatic difference in measurements.

If it was me that you were talking to - and I'm pretty sure it was, since that's a question that would normally get escalated to my desk - I'm sorry that I didn't convey that information as well as I could have, for you to hold your experience with us in better standing.

If it wasn't me that you were talking to, but another rep who simply saw "QV" vs "not-QV" - then I hope you'll forgive them for advising you in a way that erred on the side of cautiousness. It's a lot easier having to type an apology for making you aware of what could have been a fitment issue, versus it not working out exactly the way that you'd wanted and you knocking on my door with a bill for a $300 set of springs, $450 in labor for install, and $350 for the uninstall.

While we keep a pretty diverse group of people on staff, some of the truck and Jeep guys aren't necessarily going to know every nuance on the Giulia. Some of us Giulia guys are drivers, not installers. Some of us that do both aren't going to be willing to spend a weekend playing the spring fitment game to answer a pretty uncommon question, but we can provide you as much relevant information as we can with what we have on the shelves and the parts bins, so that you're not going into something completely blind.

I'd encourage you to drop a line to me directly for anything else Alfa-related.

[email protected]
562-981-6800 #109

Reactions: YellowDuc

·
Registered
988 Posts
We figured out what happened with your order and it is going out today. The order was put on hold because you were in Australia and our site only collected $69 shipping. This is a big box since it contain a front spoiler. The shipping companies have practically tripled their shipping rates and the funds collected were not nearly enough to cover shipping. It looks like some notifications were sent through our backend, but they may have not gotten through for some reason. We have just launched an entire new backend which should help solve this issue.

We have gone ahead and approved the order and will cover the additional shipping costs due to the mix up. The products are all packed up and going out today. We have also PMd you directly. In the future is there is ever a delay drop us an email or a call and we will quickly figure it out.

The last point you bring up is the YouTube video you seen. Here is what we can tell you on this matter. We have pulled every single transaction in our history and do not have ANY Carbon V Shield sales to this person. He has bought a set of mirror covers from us, but not a V Shield he claimed. He had no issues with the mirror covers.

We have reached out to him directly by phone and email numerous times with no response back. We posted comments on his video and they all get deleted. He does not respond back with any information at all. We have attempted to contact him through every way possible and he does not respond back. The only think we can think of is that he we get requests for free products all the time in exchange for positive reviews, forums posts or YouTube videos. Perhaps we said we said "sorry, no we cannot" and someone else said "Sure!". We can't say for sure why this video was done is such a deceptive way, but we can tell you is that if this product was bought from us and this happened we would have exchanged it.
Thanks. Sometimes you learn more about companies when things go wrong and I appreciate your efforts to right wrongs.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Miss leading site as doesn't state import taxes.
Spoke to Madness and they are saying I cover cost but see nothing abouth that when purchasing multiple items.
FED ex is chasing me but it's not my name on the invoice.

·
Vendor
1,314 Posts
Miss leading site as doesn't state import taxes.
Spoke to Madness and they are saying I cover cost but see nothing abouth that when purchasing multiple items.
FED ex is chasing me but it's not my name on the invoice.
Hello Ge02ge,

Thank you for reaching out to us.

We are sorry to hear about the issue with your country charging you import taxes.

Taxes, Duties, and/or Import Charges are different in every country.

We ship globally on a daily basis and cannot possibly know every tariff on every item we sell that may be charged by the government of every country.

That is why, like the majority of online sellers, we disclose the fact that if you are purchasing from another country you will be responsible for any of these costs that your government may want to charge you.

It is a pretty standard disclaimer that is used by thousands of companies that ship products overseas.

It seems you may have missed the link, but on the bottom of our home page on the website is a link to our policies that states international customs and duties.
Our Policies - MADNESS Autoworks

As always if there is ever a question we are a call or email away.

We have a team of dedicated automotive enthusiasts that answer phones, emails, and help walk in customers daily.

We will do anything in our power to assist and offer options.

21 - 40 of 43 Posts