Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a madness gopedal bluetooth version. It took 2 weeks to get here. I've been using it and its great. I try to connect it to the app (the newest app) and it wont connect.

I call their Texas office first. The customer service representative told me to look online for solutions. I told him thats what I thought customer service is for. He says he doesnt have the bluetooth version himself so he doesn't know. He "transfers" me and I get a answering machine and get hung up on.

I then call California office and the guy tells me they have to check out my unit to see if theres any problems with it. He never offered me a replacement. When I tell him I'd like for them to send me out one while I send mine out he says. We can do that, bye. He never even tells me where to send it or anything. No label. Nothing.

Overall awful experience, glad I went with JB4 for the tune. If anyone knows any tips to fix the bluetooth problem let me know. Thanks

·
Registered
861 Posts
That's a bummer. Have you tried using a different phone to rule out if your phone is having an issue? Recently, my previous Android phone wouldn't pair to new devices but had no issues connecting to previously paired devices. The workaround was to go into settings, force stop the two bluetooth system apps and clear the cache to get it to work.

Good luck!

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's a bummer. Have you tried using a different phone to rule out if your phone is having an issue? Recently, my previous Android phone wouldn't pair to new devices but had no issues connecting to previously paired devices. The workaround was to go into settings, force stop the two bluetooth system apps and clear the cache to get it to work.

Good luck!

I have an iPhone XR. I just paired my fitbit with it, bluetooth speaker. No problem.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I also watched youtube videos of iphone bluetooth issues. I did all of them including resetting network settings. It's not the phone it's the device.

·
Registered
2017 Giulia, 2013 Abarth 500, 1976 Alfetta GT
34 Posts
Need iOS 12.0 or later. A google search on "iphone XR not opening apps" has many solutions associated with the problem.
Happy to hear the gopedal works and you are OK with the performance. Problem seems to be the bluetooth connection.
Its a Sila Product. Eric at Madness is the Madness senior tech advisor [email protected]

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Need iOS 12.0 or later. A google search on "iphone XR not opening apps" has many solutions associated with the problem.
Happy to hear the gopedal works and you are OK with the performance. Problem seems to be the bluetooth connection.
Its a Sila Product. Eric at Madness is the Madness senior tech advisor [email protected]

I have the latest iOS. It's crazy you have to jump through hoops and find out your own solution. Not only did they not have a solution but they truly didn't care. I won't be ordering from them again that's for sure. I could understand one employee not being helpful, but 2? 2 that didn't care at all. Unbelievable. I'd advise anyone who might need an ounce of customer service to look elsewhere when buying any Giulia product. Looks like I'm not the only one either.

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
I have the latest iOS. It's crazy you have to jump through hoops and find out your own solution. Not only did they not have a solution but they truly didn't care. I won't be ordering from them again that's for sure. I could understand one employee not being helpful, but 2? 2 that didn't care at all. Unbelievable. I'd advise anyone who might need an ounce of customer service to look elsewhere when buying any Giulia product. Looks like I'm not the only one either.

Funny, I had an issue with an order and it was addressed immediately by their owner, in a phone call to clarify the matter. 100% satisfied customer here.

·
Registered
‘19 Giulia Ti Sport Q4
3,907 Posts
I’ve found Madness to have great customer service over the years. Yeah, years, and yeah, great. I always turn to Madness first when I need Alfa stuff because of that.

·
Registered
2019 Giulia Veloce Ti, 2015 4C LE, 1998 916 GTV Spider, 2019 Civic Type R
116 Posts
With my 4C I had no issues with Madness. They kept me up to date on the Koshi parts I ordered, and were always helpful on the phone, even from here in the UAE. Have not dealt with them recently but quite a few Giulia owners here starting to grumble about poor service. Maybe things are changing for the worse.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I bought a madness gopedal bluetooth version. It took 2 weeks to get here. I've been using it and its great. I try to connect it to the app (the newest app) and it wont connect.

I call their Texas office first. The customer service representative told me to look online for solutions. I told him thats what I thought customer service is for. He says he doesnt have the bluetooth version himself so he doesn't know. He "transfers" me and I get a answering machine and get hung up on.

I then call California office and the guy tells me they have to check out my unit to see if theres any problems with it. He never offered me a replacement. When I tell him I'd like for them to send me out one while I send mine out he says. We can do that, bye. He never even tells me where to send it or anything. No label. Nothing.

Overall awful experience, glad I went with JB4 for the tune. If anyone knows any tips to fix the bluetooth problem let me know. Thanks
Next time deal with ANDY ext; 204, that's my go to guy.

·
Vendor
1,315 Posts

I am sorry to hear about this Stt81691,

I'll pair up with management today and see if we can figure out what happened. Here is what I can tell you that may help a bit:

Due to Covid we have been slammed with calls and at the same time have staff shortages. We are in the Texas Hill Country and everytime someone gets a slight sneeze or a cough with Cedar Fever we have to send them home and wait for them to get cleared to come back. It really sets us back at times. To help we have hired on several folks to help with answering calls. We have even hired on extra staff in the shipping department to get things moving faster as well.

You may have gotten one of our new folks on the phone that tried to help and once they could not they transferred you over to one of our senior guys. My apologies for the dropped call.

It sounds like you like the GOPedal, but had trouble connecting it to your phone. At times that can happen and we will always get it figured out and resolved. Our pedal modules are made in Germany and not China so the hardware is top notch. The end result is a very robust piece of hardware with all safety features built in to make sure it is safe to use. Each one goes through an individual test to make sure everything works as it should, however if something does not work as it should we will stand behind it and promptly take care of it.

From the sound of what you stated it sounded like the person who you spoke to offered to send you out a prompt replacement. Usually what happens is we would send you a call tag for the item and once we see movement of it we would ship you out a replacement. Perhaps the phone cut off or he was not as clear as he should have been. Again, my apologies.

I will check on all of this today with our team and get back to you by a PM and also post an update here.

Thank you for your patience.

·
Registered
513 Posts
With my 4C I had no issues with Madness. They kept me up to date on the Koshi parts I ordered, and were always helpful on the phone, even from here in the UAE. Have not dealt with them recently but quite a few Giulia owners here starting to grumble about poor service. Maybe things are changing for the worse.
Over the years, I also have not had any issues with Madness for either FIAT or Alfa orders. They have always been courteous, knowledgeable and helpful. I’m sure that staffing issues have impacted them as it has many other firms due to COVID-19. (I am not discounting what the OP experienced, just reflecting on my personal experiences.)

·
Registered
573 Posts
I placed one order with Madness and there was a small issue with it (wrong exhaust tips). They corrected it as soon as they heard about the problem. I can’t say how their service has been in the year since, but I would both recommend them as well as do business with them again.

·
Premium Member
1,114 Posts
Not to rub salt in the wound but I also had a bad experience with them. I called to ask questions and was treated with impatience and rudeness. Hung up and went and bought the things I needed from Centerline and Burger. Both have provided excellent service for the parts I needed. I have two Alfas and I want to try Alfissimo some time.

·
Vendor
1,315 Posts
Not to rub salt in the wound but I also had a bad experience with them. I called to ask questions and was treated with impatience and rudeness. Hung up and went and bought the things I needed from Centerline and Burger. Both have provided excellent service for the parts I needed. I have two Alfas and I want to try Alfissimo some time.
Hello,

Very sorry to hear about your experience. That is not reflective of the level of service we strive to provide.

There are several new individuals here at the shop. If at any time you are unhappy with the service received simply ask for management and they can work with you.

Reactions: -ds-

·
Registered
2020 Anodized Blue Giulia TI, RWD
20 Posts
I am sorry to hear about this Stt81691,

I'll pair up with management today and see if we can figure out what happened. Here is what I can tell you that may help a bit:

Due to Covid we have been slammed with calls and at the same time have staff shortages. We are in the Texas Hill Country and everytime someone gets a slight sneeze or a cough with Cedar Fever we have to send them home and wait for them to get cleared to come back. It really sets us back at times. To help we have hired on several folks to help with answering calls. We have even hired on extra staff in the shipping department to get things moving faster as well.

You may have gotten one of our new folks on the phone that tried to help and once they could not they transferred you over to one of our senior guys. My apologies for the dropped call.

It sounds like you like the GOPedal, but had trouble connecting it to your phone. At times that can happen and we will always get it figured out and resolved. Our pedal modules are made in Germany and not China so the hardware is top notch. The end result is a very robust piece of hardware with all safety features built in to make sure it is safe to use. Each one goes through an individual test to make sure everything works as it should, however if something does not work as it should we will stand behind it and promptly take care of it.

From the sound of what you stated it sounded like the person who you spoke to offered to send you out a prompt replacement. Usually what happens is we would send you a call tag for the item and once we see movement of it we would ship you out a replacement. Perhaps the phone cut off or he was not as clear as he should have been. Again, my apologies.

I will check on all of this today with our team and get back to you by a PM and also post an update here.

Thank you for your patience.
I also had a very long wait for my Go Pedal (Bluetooth) order, but it finally arrived and seems to work fine, but my problem is that the app no longer seems to be available on the (iPhone) App Store! I had downloaded it before receiving the product, but when I tried to connect, the app was just stalled out and wouldn't open, so I tried to re-download, but it appears the problem was that the app is no longer "available in my country or region" (I'm in the US and, as I say, it was available to me a few weeks ago).

Anyone else unable to get the app?

·
Registered
5,302 Posts
I also had a very long wait for my Go Pedal (Bluetooth) order, but it finally arrived and seems to work fine, but my problem is that the app no longer seems to be available on the (iPhone) App Store! I had downloaded it before receiving the product, but when I tried to connect, the app was just stalled out and wouldn't open, so I tried to re-download, but it appears the problem was that the app is no longer "available in my country or region" (I'm in the US and, as I say, it was available to me a few weeks ago).

Anyone else unable to get the app?
I don’t have a GoPedal anymore, but just checked and get the same message in the Apple App Store, still available in Google. Probably time to give Madness a call and see what’s up.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Just to level set, I have had nothing but great service and interaction from them. Probably like what they said; they are affected by COVID. I would give them time to help.
A big fan of Madness Auto.
Larry

Reactions: MADNESS Autoworks
1 - 20 of 43 Posts