Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 118 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What's the consensus for those of you who have the Go Pedal (original or bluetooth)? Is it a must have? Does it change the daily drivability of the (non QV) Alfa?

·
Registered
223 Posts
I got mine installed today and it makes a day and night difference. You can adjust it to your preference. Feels like you got more power. I assume your acceleration times should improve since the power comes on instantly. Highly recommend making the purchase.

Attachments

·
Registered
272 Posts
I have the original Go Pedal. Get it and forget it. It is a NIGHT AND DAY difference. Installation is a breeze. took longer to open the box it came in than install on the car.

You will not regret this purchase. It is awesome.

·
Registered
160 Posts
What's the consensus for those of you who have the Go Pedal (original or bluetooth)? Is it a must have? Does it change the daily drivability of the (non QV) Alfa?
Hi Djseto.

It's a positive change, and remarkably easy to install. Risk free trial on it as well.
I also don't want to oversell something here. It's not a device that adds horsepower or torque, but it'll make you far more aware of the hp/tq production of the car.

Reach out to me directly, I can always link you to more information we've got online.
Contact info is in my signature - looking forward to working with you!

·
Registered
2019 Alfa Romeo Giulia Ti Sport Q4
275 Posts
Just ordered mine last night. Opted for the Pro because I like to security and valet modes. Looking forward to it making it to my door. I'll post my impressions for you after installing!

·
Registered
‘19 Giulia Ti Sport Q4
3,887 Posts
I've been running the Bluetooth model since this past summer, the GoPedal+, and for those that crave a more responsive throttle pedal, it's a great addition to the car. I wouldn't necessarily consider it a must-have, but if the pedal feel/response bugs you a bit or you find it a bit lazy, the GoPedal will fix that.

I found the Sport setting too sensitive for my tastes, so I made a custom map, which is a feature of the BlueTooth model only, and like it very much. In fact, I just leave it running in that mode all the time, and haven't touched it in months, so it's just the 'normal' mode for me now.

Another important feature for me of the Bluetooth model is that it is completely invisible installed, as it is all app controlled, obviating the need to fit a control box somewhere in the cabin to select modes.

So yeah, if you think about the car's responsiveness and not in a positive way, GoPedal is great.

·
Registered
227 Posts
I'm about to pull the trigger on this mod as well. Seems like a no brainer... But it also seems there are about 5 other options available that do the same thing.

I've been looking at the Novitec GP1. It's cheaper than the Madness version and a simple push-button box while the Madness is Smartphone dependent with options I'll most likely quit playing with after the first week or 2... From what I hear, the Madness keeps your last Smartphone selected setting once you're away from your car.

This might not be an issue for single drivers, but if you share your Giulia with a less enthusiastic second driver about performance tweaking it might be? That said, with the 3 setting box configuration on the Novitec (like most of these devices available). It's simple White/Green/Red, push-button (look see what's on) operation for anyone driving.

·
Registered
176 Posts
for the "what it's worth" section----
I just installed my Madness Gopedal day before yesterday (Non BT version) and I wish I had ordered it months ago. It's been a blast. As others like @chaadster have said it eliminates the turbo lag and in Sport + the car just leaps out of the hole. I'm one coming from an NA V8 with 435 hp and I never had to anticipate a pass. I just dropped a gear or two and hit the gas.
Since owning the Alfa I had to learn to get prepared for a pass and I was not as confident "popping out" for a quick pass. the Gopedal has solved that issue once and for all. LOVE IT!
Once I get the Maxpowr Pro installed this week the car should feel totally transformed.

J.

·
Registered
‘19 Giulia Ti Sport Q4
3,887 Posts
for the "what it's worth" section----
I just installed my Madness Gopedal day before yesterday (Non BT version) and I wish I had ordered it months ago. It's been a blast. As others like @chaadster have said it eliminates the turbo lag and in Sport + the car just leaps out of the hole. I'm one coming from an NA V8 with 435 hp and I never had to anticipate a pass. I just dropped a gear or two and hit the gas.
Since owning the Alfa I had to learn to get prepared for a pass and I was not as confident "popping out" for a quick pass. the Gopedal has solved that issue once and for all. LOVE IT!
Once I get the Maxpowr Pro installed this week the car should feel totally transformed.

J.
Man, we are on the same page! Your feelings about the shortcomings of Giulia with overtaking mirror my own, although I decided the primary problem was simply lack of power, and so I prioritized the MaxPower ECM, although I did both at about the same time.

I hadn't driven a 4cyl turbo in quite awhile, being more accustomed to twin turbo V6s and the V8s, so yeah, I just needed more push out of the Giulia. The older MaxPower unit I'm running satisfied in that regard, but I'm stoked to step up into the MaxPower Pro.

Reactions: Fripp64

·
Registered
4,312 Posts
@chaadster, where did you place / mount the control unit? I know it can be out of sight because it is BT, but just curious where you stuck the thing.

·
Registered
‘19 Giulia Ti Sport Q4
3,887 Posts
@chaadster, where did you place / mount the control unit? I know it can be out of sight because it is BT, but just curious where you stuck the thing.
Just to be clear because I don't know the correct terminology, there are two boxes for non-BT model (one for selecting modes and one for processing) and just one box, the processor, for the BT model.

So, I used velcro to stick the processor box on the inside of the lower dash trim panel to the left of the steering wheel, like about under where the headlight switch is, but a touch more inboard.

Reactions: wingler and Fripp64

·
Registered
160 Posts
I'm about to pull the trigger on this mod as well. Seems like a no brainer... But it also seems there are about 5 other options available that do the same thing.

I've been looking at the Novitec GP1. It's cheaper than the Madness version and a simple push-button box while the Madness is Smartphone dependent with options I'll most likely quit playing with after the first week or 2... From what I hear, the Madness keeps your last Smartphone selected setting once you're away from your car.

This might not be an issue for single drivers, but if you share your Giulia with a less enthusiastic second driver about performance tweaking it might be? That said, with the 3 setting box configuration on the Novitec (like most of these devices available). It's simple White/Green/Red, push-button (look see what's on) operation for anyone driving.
Hi 1alfa.

You may want to consider the classic version of the GOPedal. 3 buttons, 21 total settings of adjustment. I run one in my own car. Pretty sure it's priced out at $249 as well, $50 under the BT version.

We offer a 3-year warranty on all the GOPedals, both classic and the BT version - so on the off chance that there's a hardware freakout, just give us a call and we'll swap it out for you, or swing on by the office if you're in the area. No international shipping to consider. We usually keep them stocked at both CA and TX offices, so it should get to you fairly quickly. If you decide that it's not to your liking, we've got a 30-day money back policy.

Worth a shot, just sayin'.

As for the settings, I personally have three that I flip between, though it took a few weeks of playing around to find my own sweet spots.

double dynamic mode (sport+, +1)
default everyday mode (sport+, -3)
and date night (eco, +1)

Hope that sheds some insight. Drop a line direct to me via email, we'd love to set you up.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Just to be clear because I don't know the correct terminology, there are two boxes for non-BT model (one for selecting modes and one for processing) and just one box, the processor, for the BT model.

So, I used velcro to stick the processor box on the inside of the lower dash trim panel to the left of the steering wheel, like about under where the headlight switch is, but a touch more inboard.
Got mine, ready to install, thanks for the tips.
Could you snap a quick photo of where it lives? Do you coil up the cables?

·
Registered
316 Posts
Hi 1alfa.

You may want to consider the classic version of the GOPedal. 3 buttons, 21 total settings of adjustment. I run one in my own car. Pretty sure it's priced out at $249 as well, $50 under the BT version.

We offer a 3-year warranty on all the GOPedals, both classic and the BT version - so on the off chance that there's a hardware freakout, just give us a call and we'll swap it out for you, or swing on by the office if you're in the area. No international shipping to consider. We usually keep them stocked at both CA and TX offices, so it should get to you fairly quickly. If you decide that it's not to your liking, we've got a 30-day money back policy.

Worth a shot, just sayin'.

As for the settings, I personally have three that I flip between, though it took a few weeks of playing around to find my own sweet spots.

double dynamic mode (sport+, +1)
default everyday mode (sport+, -3)
and date night (eco, +1)

Hope that sheds some insight. Drop a line direct to me via email, we'd love to set you up.
On the BT version, what would the user mode configurations be for a similar setup to yours?

·
Registered
160 Posts
On the BT version, what would the user mode configurations be for a similar setup to yours?
That's actually a great question. Don't hold me to these exact figures, but I think these would be good starting approximations:

IF: Default//Linear
0-20-40-60-80-100

THEN:

Double Dynamic
0-35-60-85-95-100

Default Everyday
0-30-50-70-90-100

Date Night
0-15-30-45-75-100

·
Registered
316 Posts
That's actually a great question. Don't hold me to these exact figures, but I think these would be good starting approximations:

IF: Default//Linear

0-20-40-60-80-100

THEN:

Double Dynamic

0-35-60-85-95-100

Default Everyday

0-30-50-70-90-100

Date Night

0-15-30-45-75-100

Awesome. This is a great starting point. Thanks again!

·
Registered
‘19 Giulia Ti Sport Q4
3,887 Posts
Got mine, ready to install, thanks for the tips.
Could you snap a quick photo of where it lives? Do you coil up the cables?
Sorry, just getting to this. I can take a pic in the AM for you, yes.

Reactions: VictorByFar

·
Registered
‘19 Giulia Ti Sport Q4
3,887 Posts
@Boo2boy my everyday map is like a hybrid of @MADNESS eMac's Double Dynamic and default. I wanted the aggressive tip-in, but then to have some pedal range-of-movement so I could actually rest my foot on the pedal rather than needing to manipulate it so finely that I used only my toes, as is the case with the stock Sport profile, which I found too touchy for my typical urban drives.

Reactions: Fripp64 and Boo2boy

·
Registered
316 Posts
@Boo2boy my everyday map is like a hybrid of @MADNESS eMac's Double Dynamic and default. I wanted the aggressive tip-in, but then to have some pedal range-of-movement so I could actually rest my foot on the pedal rather than needing to manipulate it so finely that I used only my toes, as is the case with the stock Sport profile, which I found too touchy for my typical urban drives.

Thanks I’m gonna try that one too. Cool thing about BT version is the ability to create multiple pre-set configurations. That and the fact that their app uses the full iPhone screen, haha!

·
Registered
‘19 Giulia Ti Sport Q4
3,887 Posts
Thanks I’m gonna try that one too. Cool thing about BT version is the ability to create multiple pre-set configurations. That and the fact that their app uses the full iPhone screen, haha!
Absolutely. You can really dial-in the throttle response you want, pretty much. With my map, I think the quick climb from 50 (% throttle, I guess) to 70 really makes the trans quick to kick-down with just a short stab of the pedal, so I can initiate a downshift very easily.

1 - 20 of 118 Posts