Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner

Madness ECU’s

4K views 13 replies 10 participants last post by  YellowDuc 
#1 ·
Hello , I am thinking about installing an ecu piggyback , Noticed that Madness has 2 different ones , One for around $400 , and the other one that costs $600, They claim similar power gains, So could anyone please explain the differences ?

#2 · (Edited)
First, I have no experience with the Madness piggyback, but I believe the more expensive version is using better and upgraded hardware.
Those using the Madness MaxPower Pro seems to get a nice small performance increase over stock.
To me however, based on real life Dragy resuluts, the MMP dyno claimed 45 whp increase seems somewhat inflated, since that could roughly translate going from some stock 284 chp to 336 chp.
Fact is that a good stock Giulia 2.0TB does the 60-130 mph at some 19.5s and some of the better with a piggyback in some 17.3s. ECU flash seems not to give more power than a piggyback. But there seems to be some gains either way.
Overall, a gain at some 2 sec (+/- 1 sec) over 60-130 mph or 100-200 km/h, seems to be common for the 2.0TB. How much it really is in hp is not easy to tell.

All piggybacks from trusted vendors seem to give more or less same power increase. Be it Madness, TMC, Novitec, Racechip, JB4 etc.

#3 ·
They do not claim similar power gains.

I’m assuming you’re referring to the Sila Concepts unit and the MaxPower Pro. I have not seen any published numbers for gains from the Sila unit.

The MaxPower Pro is a proven, top-tier performer. I have not seen a single user review of the Sila, so I’m really at a loss as to how you came up with the notion of similar gains.

#14 ·
They do not claim similar power gains.

I’m assuming you’re referring to the Sila Concepts unit and the MaxPower Pro. I have not seen any published numbers for gains from the Sila unit.

The MaxPower Pro is a proven, top-tier performer. I have not seen a single user review of the Sila, so I’m really at a loss as to how you came up with the notion of similar gains.
This is what I think he is referring to, both claim up to 20% increase:

Text Font Screenshot Technology Multimedia
Text Web page Font Product Website

#4 · (Edited)
I have a Novitec Powerjet 4 laying. The box is 560 USD new.
Selling it since my car now is Squadra-Tuning remapped.
It should give you very similar powergains as TMC and MMP.
Novitec boxes are made in Germany (as TMC)
Will ship it worldwide for 250 USD over PayPal as friend or family.
Express shipment with UPS / FedEx included.
Free 2 week trial after you receive it, and if you don’t like it ship it back for full refund.

Would be best if you have a dragy and do some stock 40-100 mph and 60-130 mph runs to get a baseline of stock power.

Then you’ll later get an idea of the amount of extra power from any tune.

#5 ·
I have a Novitec Powerjet 4 laying. The box is 560 USD new.
Selling it since my car now is Squadra-Tuning remapped.
It should give you very similar powergains as TMC and MMP.
Novitec boxes are made in Germany (as TMC)
Will ship it worldwide for 250 USD over PayPal as friend or family.
Free 2 week trial after you receive it, and if you don’t like it ship it back for full refund.

Would be best if you have a dragy and do some stock 40-100 mph and 60-130 mph runs to get a baseline of stock power.

Then you’ll later get an idea of the amount of extra power from any tune.

View attachment 104635
location?

#7 ·
I have the Madness in my QV and I take it out for any dealer visits. I don't know what the actual power difference is but it will spin the tires in third gear and it is far more responsive (I also have a BMC filter and GFB diverter valves). Whenever I take it out, I feel like the car is sluggish and like something is missing. I can't wait to put it back in to get my car back.

#9 ·
Hello Strangler,

Thank you for reaching out.

Hopefully I can help with some of the differences between the two modules.

The Power+ is a basic plug-and-play with a lower power ceiling than the MP Pro, and has a more aggressive price point. It's comparable to the previous generation MaxPower unit in terms of output, and in that there's a noticeable difference between this lightweight puncher and the heavy hitter MP Pro.

After phasing out the last-gen unit, we found that there we'd still get requests here and there for something that was just a little milder (for those who would err on the side of caution) and just a little easier to install overall. The Power+ fits the bill for that user who's pretty happy with the vehicle as-is and actually does want "just a little extra".

Or for the user who's a bit more intimidated by the idea of modifications, this is even more user-friendly on the install. It's a two-sensor connection, That's it. 10mm socket and maybe a dental pick or a flathead screwdriver for the clips. No power connector. No cam or fuel rail connector.

So in short if you are looking for the most power, the MAXPower Pro is the one for you.

If you are new to the idea of tuning, looking for a little more power, and want to dip you toes into modifying your car the Power+ is a great fit.

As always, if you have any other questions please feel free to reach out to us directly (TX 512-982-9393 or CA 562-981-6800) and one of our Team Members will be happy to work with you.

__

maddmike and AJsgiulia,

Thank you both for your feedback! Very happy to hear you have been enjoying your MAXPower Pros!

If there is any assistance you need in the future please don't hesitate to drop us a line.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.