Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am going to start off by saying, I wrote this whole thread purely by my own will and astonishment of Madness Autoworks. At the time of publishing this thread, I am in no way getting paid to, or benefitting from this publication.

About me:

A few weeks ago, I was lucky enough to be one of the first to get my hands on the new 2017 Alfa Romeo Giulia Ti. I have always been an avid car enthusiast, and absolutely fell in love with the car from the very moment that I test drove it. I originally went into the dealership invested in the QV, but due to lack of availability, and higher than MSRP asking price, I settled for the Ti with sports package. A couple weeks after getting the car, I found myself craving more.

Introductions:

While I was at a local car show, I stumbled upon a beautiful Fiat 124, wearing a window decal that read “Madness Autoworks”. After talking too the owner of the vehicle, Mr. Tilim. I found out more about his company Madness Autoworks. After further investigating their website I was astonished by their previous works, and knew that I would be taking my car to them as soon as possible.

First Impressions:

I contacted Madness the first weekday after the show, and let me start off by saying, they are some of the nicest and most respectful people you will ever meet. There is not a single company I would trust with my car more than Madness Autoworks. Every single one of the people who works at their spice-wood facility is extremely knowledgeable and courteous of your views and opinions. Their facility is also one of the cleanest automotive institutions that I have stepped foot in. I am a strong believer that your environment greatly effects you products, and their facility is the perfect locations to make miracles possible.

Products:

GOPedal- After talking to representatives at madness, they recommended that I try a product called the GOPedal. The device plugs right into the car, and changes the mapping of the accelerator pedal to make it feel more responsive. In words, this doesn't sound like much, but after experiencing it, let me just say, it makes worlds of difference. The change in driving feel in unbelievable. It makes the car feel much faster even though it doesn't actually change the power. In addition, the modification is completely reversible, and does not impact your factory warranty in any way.
Land vehicle Vehicle Steering wheel Steering part Car

For more information about the GOPedal go to: https://madnessautoworks.com/2017-A...id3/alfa-romeo-giulia-madness-gopedal-pid7066

Carbon Fiber- In addition to the GOPedal talked about above, I also picked up a pair of carbon fiber mirrors. I already have the spoiler off the QV fitted on my car, but I always thought more carbon fiber would be nice. After many searches around the internet, I concluded that they were not available yet, but Madness did. The quality of the carbon fiber used is equivalent if not better that the carbon fiber spoiler that I got directly from Alfa Romeo. In addition, Madness professionally installed the mirrors, and it looks amazing, and gives the car a very exotic appearance. They also have a wide array of parts available in carbon fiber for both the interior and exterior of your Giulia. I highly recommend looking into purchasing these for your car.
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Red Vehicle door

For more information on Carbon Fiber Mirrors go to: https://madnessautoworks.com/2017-A...meo-giulia-mirror-covers-carbon-fiber-pid6096

Wheel Spacers- Wheel spacers have been around for a very long time, but their effectiveness and safety has be questioned by many, my self included. I had been contemplation adding spacers to the Giulia to give it a more aggressive stance, but all the spacers I found were only held on by 5 bolts, an idea that I was not very fond of. Then after my visit to Madness, I was shown spacers manufactured by Athena. These spacers were unlike any that I have seen before on the internet. They were both hub centric and wheel centric. This means that the majority of the load is being held on the hub and wheel like they are supposed to instead of the 5 bolts. I was comfortable using these spacers, and had the installed. They gave my car a much more aggressive stance, and as a bonus there was also a noticeable difference in handling with the wider wheelbase.
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Alfa romeo Automotive exterior

For more information on Wheel Spacers go to: https://madnessautoworks.com/2017-A...acers-by-athena-17mm-set-of-2-w-bolts-pid7043

Exhaust- Madness also offers a wide array of exhaust tips that will enhance the appearance of your Giulia significantly. I had already got a custom exhaust made at one of the local exhaust shops, but I had Madness put on their tips. all of their tips are custom fabricated, and are of brilliant quality. They have many options for tips that include carbon fiber, black, chrome, and oxidized. I personally went with the oxidized look, and have no regrets. While talking to representatives, I was also informed that they are going to be manufacturing an exhaust system almost identical to mine, and it should be out within the next few weeks.
Red Vehicle Car Automotive design Automotive exterior

For more information on Oxidized Tips go to: https://madnessautoworks.com/2017-A...-tip-by-madness-1-blue-flame-tip-25-id-pid885

Conclusion:

In conclusion, Madness Autoworks is now my go to for any modifications that I will do to my Giulia. They have caring/respectful employees, beautiful facilities, and high quality products all of which exceed my expectations of what a car modification shop should be. I highly recommend you take some time to browse their products on their website, or take a trip to one of their 2 facilities, you are sure to be amazed. Happy Customizing Everybody!!! https://madnessautoworks.com
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Personal luxury car Luxury vehicle
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Red Full-size car
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Red Automotive design

·
Registered
473 Posts
I tried the Go Pedal hoping that it would fix the soft start annoyance that my QV exhibits when I start from a dead stop. The Go Pedal definitely made the accelerator more responsive, but it did not fix the soft start problem that I wanted it to fix.

It looks like they make a lot of very good products, but for the people buying the Go Pedal they need to understand what it can and cannot do for the driveability of their Giulia. I think the only way to fix the soft start issue will be to have a tune done on the ECU.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
They are slightly bigger then the original tips, and they aren't fake tips like the original, they actually connect to the exhaust so you don't see a separate pipe when you look inside.

·
Registered
418 Posts
I am going to start off by saying, I wrote this whole thread purely by my own will and astonishment of Madness Autoworks. At the time of publishing this thread, I am in no way getting paid to, or benefitting from this publication.

About me:

A few weeks ago, I was lucky enough to be one of the first to get my hands on the new 2017 Alfa Romeo Giulia Ti. I have always been an avid car enthusiast, and absolutely fell in love with the car from the very moment that I test drove it. I originally went into the dealership invested in the QV, but due to lack of availability, and higher than MSRP asking price, I settled for the Ti with sports package. A couple weeks after getting the car, I found myself craving more.

Introductions:

While I was at a local car show, I stumbled upon a beautiful Fiat 124, wearing a window decal that read “Madness Autoworks”. After talking too the owner of the vehicle, Mr. Tilim. I found out more about his company Madness Autoworks. After further investigating their website I was astonished by their previous works, and knew that I would be taking my car to them as soon as possible.

First Impressions:

I contacted Madness the first weekday after the show, and let me start off by saying, they are some of the nicest and most respectful people you will ever meet. There is not a single company I would trust with my car more than Madness Autoworks. Every single one of the people who works at their spice-wood facility is extremely knowledgeable and courteous of your views and opinions. Their facility is also one of the cleanest automotive institutions that I have stepped foot in. I am a strong believer that your environment greatly effects you products, and their facility is the perfect locations to make miracles possible.

Products:

GOPedal- After talking to representatives at madness, they recommended that I try a product called the GOPedal. The device plugs right into the car, and changes the mapping of the accelerator pedal to make it feel more responsive. In words, this doesn't sound like much, but after experiencing it, let me just say, it makes worlds of difference. The change in driving feel in unbelievable. It makes the car feel much faster even though it doesn't actually change the power. In addition, the modification is completely reversible, and does not impact your factory warranty in any way.
View attachment 5538
For more information about the GOPedal go to: https://madnessautoworks.com/2017-A...id3/alfa-romeo-giulia-madness-gopedal-pid7066

Carbon Fiber- In addition to the GOPedal talked about above, I also picked up a pair of carbon fiber mirrors. I already have the spoiler off the QV fitted on my car, but I always thought more carbon fiber would be nice. After many searches around the internet, I concluded that they were not available yet, but Madness did. The quality of the carbon fiber used is equivalent if not better that the carbon fiber spoiler that I got directly from Alfa Romeo. In addition, Madness professionally installed the mirrors, and it looks amazing, and gives the car a very exotic appearance. They also have a wide array of parts available in carbon fiber for both the interior and exterior of your Giulia. I highly recommend looking into purchasing these for your car.
View attachment 5562
For more information on Carbon Fiber Mirrors go to: https://madnessautoworks.com/2017-A...meo-giulia-mirror-covers-carbon-fiber-pid6096

Wheel Spacers- Wheel spacers have been around for a very long time, but their effectiveness and safety has be questioned by many, my self included. I had been contemplation adding spacers to the Giulia to give it a more aggressive stance, but all the spacers I found were only held on by 5 bolts, an idea that I was not very fond of. Then after my visit to Madness, I was shown spacers manufactured by Athena. These spacers were unlike any that I have seen before on the internet. They were both hub centric and wheel centric. This means that the majority of the load is being held on the hub and wheel like they are supposed to instead of the 5 bolts. I was comfortable using these spacers, and had the installed. They gave my car a much more aggressive stance, and as a bonus there was also a noticeable difference in handling with the wider wheelbase.
View attachment 5586
For more information on Wheel Spacers go to: https://madnessautoworks.com/2017-A...acers-by-athena-17mm-set-of-2-w-bolts-pid7043

Exhaust- Madness also offers a wide array of exhaust tips that will enhance the appearance of your Giulia significantly. I had already got a custom exhaust made at one of the local exhaust shops, but I had Madness put on their tips. all of their tips are custom fabricated, and are of brilliant quality. They have many options for tips that include carbon fiber, black, chrome, and oxidized. I personally went with the oxidized look, and have no regrets. While talking to representatives, I was also informed that they are going to be manufacturing an exhaust system almost identical to mine, and it should be out within the next few weeks.
View attachment 5546
For more information on Oxidized Tips go to: https://madnessautoworks.com/2017-A...-tip-by-madness-1-blue-flame-tip-25-id-pid885

Conclusion:

In conclusion, Madness Autoworks is now my go to for any modifications that I will do to my Giulia. They have caring/respectful employees, beautiful facilities, and high quality products all of which exceed my expectations of what a car modification shop should be. I highly recommend you take some time to browse their products on their website, or take a trip to one of their 2 facilities, you are sure to be amazed. Happy Customizing Everybody!!! https://madnessautoworks.com
View attachment 5554 View attachment 5570 View attachment 5578
I assume you're in the Austin area?

·
Vendor
1,207 Posts

About me:

Introductions:

First Impressions:

Products:

View attachment 5538

View attachment 5562

View attachment 5586

View attachment 5546

Conclusion:

View attachment 5554 View attachment 5570 View attachment 5578
Hello Pradeept!

I just wanted to say thank you for your kind review. We truly appreciate your kind words. We are extremely happy to hear that you are happy with our facility, work and staff here. It was a pleasure working with you and your Alfa Romeo Giulia. We look forward to seeing you again and doing more work and modifications on your Giulia! :)

·
Registered
223 Posts
I visited the Madness Autoworks shop today in Spicewood, TX and the shop is fantastic! I live about 10 miles from their location so this is great to have such an excellent motorsports business in the area.

I had the GOPedal installed in my car and all I can say is the responsiveness is amazing. I am sold on the GOPedal!

I ordered an air filter for the Giulia and I will use Madness Autoworks to mount new tires on the 19" TSW wheels I have on order. I am looking forward to any trunk lid spoiler they offer for the Giulia Base/Ti...I will buy one of those as soon as they are available.

·
Vendor
1,207 Posts
I visited the Madness Autoworks shop today in Spicewood, TX and the shop is fantastic! I live about 10 miles from their location so this is great to have such an excellent motorsports business in the area.

I had the GOPedal installed in my car and all I can say is the responsiveness is amazing. I am sold on the GOPedal!

I ordered an air filter for the Giulia and I will use Madness Autoworks to mount new tires on the 19" TSW wheels I have on order. I am looking forward to any trunk lid spoiler they offer for the Giulia Base/Ti...I will buy one of those as soon as they are available.
FX_Hedge,

It was good to have you here. You're Giulia is beautiful as well. Glad you like the GOPedal as well! It truly makes a difference and I'm happy you all have noticed that!

We look forward to having you back to mount your wheels and tires!

Stay tuned we will update our section when the spoiler and other products become available! :)

·
Registered
8 Posts
View attachment 5586

Your car looks top notch . Can you please tell me what size spacers did you go with ? and are they both frt and rear ? Also are you running 18's or are they 19's on your car. thanks:smile2:

·
Premium Member
2,086 Posts
cool write up! thanks. Will think about that pedal going forward... Think the top things on my list are the exhaust, Q4 ECU and summer wheels. Cool to see someone take the leap on these.. looking forward to that exhaust vid :D

Looking forward to Madness setting up in CT :D

·
Registered
159 Posts
Hi guys, I just traded my Abarth for a TI sport. I have used Madness part specifically the gopedal on my 500 for two years. It really woke up the car. I am definitely getting it for the TI. I can only image how more aggressive it is going to be in Dynamic+manual. I should also make N more responsive.

I want to get spacers. the the OP running 17mm ? PS Athenas are great. I also had them for the fiat.

·
Registered
135 Posts
View attachment 5586

Your car looks top notch . Can you please tell me what size spacers did you go with ? and are they both frt and rear ? Also are you running 18's or are they 19's on your car. thanks:smile2:
I was going to post the same. Someone post up !

·
Registered
2018 Alfa Romeo Giulia TI Sport Q2
498 Posts
Same here. I have been thinking to put 17mm in the back, but no clue what to put in the front. More pics would help the decision

1 - 20 of 27 Posts