Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
61 - 80 of 82 Posts
could a moderator send an email to the address he registered with ? sorta a wellness type of check in ?

Reactions: Alfa Philly
@MacGeek . If you are reading this, you could post as a private member without infringing any restricted info. surely? I am assuming that is the case here, pardon me if I am wrong :) Come and say hello if not as "the" MacGeek - as MacGuru , 8CBoss or something.
"Libertà di parola " (excuse my poor Italian).

Guys, as much as I'd love to see MacGeek return to post regularly, please respect his privacy and leave him alone. Even though we are all curious and maybe even concerned, he has his private reasons to stop posting here. Whether we agree with whatever reason he had, he doesn't owe us any explanation on why he stopped posting, and it really is none of our business why he did so.

Reactions: Papa Gallo
Guys, as much as I'd love to see MacGeek return to post regularly, please respect his privacy and leave him alone. Even though we are all curious and maybe even concerned, he has his private reasons to stop posting here. Whether we agree with whatever reason he had, he doesn't owe us any explanation on why he stopped posting, and it really is none of our business why he did so.
His privacy? He never asked for it, so how could we be infringing on it? I think we deserve at least an "I'm cool".

Reactions: Alfa Philly
His privacy? He never asked for it, so how could we be infringing on it? I think we deserve at least an "I'm cool".
Why do we deserve anything? His participation here is entirely voluntary. He's allowed to show up or disappear as he pleases. He owes us nothing. Privacy is deserved and should be provided whether he asked for it or not.

Reactions: stocki
Why do we deserve anything? His participation here is entirely voluntary. He's allowed to show up or disappear as he pleases. He owes us nothing. Privacy is deserved and should be provided whether he asked for it or not.
Maybe I could rephrase... It would be extremely welcome and overly courteous of him to give us any sort of indication that he is well and safe. Whether someone asks for it or not, it's just a polite thing to do. If I am going on hiatus, you sure as hell will get some sort of announcement from me, solicited or not.

But we can differ on our opinions, that's cool.

Maybe I could rephrase... It would be extremely welcome and overly courteous of him to give us any sort of indication that he is well and safe. Whether someone asks for it or not, it's just a polite thing to do. If I am going on hiatus, you sure as hell will get some sort of announcement from me, solicited or not.

But we can differ on our opinions, that's cool.
That's fair. And we can speculate all we want here. But at the end of the day it's his choice whether to keep us in the loop or not. Whether we like that or not, I don't think we should actively reach out to him.

Reactions: JeFizz
We can indeed reach out to anybody actively out of concern for their well-being, that is our choice. Whether the other person responds or not is their own choice. Both choices must be respected. Nothing wrong with that freedom of expression. Anyway, I would be overwhelmed with this kind of concern for me ;) but that is just me. If we were all the same....

That's fair. And we can speculate all we want here. But at the end of the day it's his choice whether to keep us in the loop or not. Whether we like that or not, I don't think we should actively reach out to him.
I think we all are free to reach out to anyone we want as they are free to not respond.

Funny thing about these forums, people go to them for many different reasons, and especially with car forums a sort of camaraderie is formed. Some even make new friends. Some forum members are so knowledgeable that they are well respected. In the case of @MacGeek, personally I found the guy to be just that and willing to share what he knows about a marque that we are all fond of and dropped our $$$ to put in our garage. When someone just disappears off the grid, it can give people pause. Especially given the current circumstances and given where he lives. Just out of concern for his well being. I don't think its meant to be intrusive, details do not need to be given. As was said, in a public forum that you sign up for, it is a question free to be asked and answered OR not answered.
Sometimes, as a car grows long in the tooth, people lose interest on a forum, or all the little bugs, fun things and characteristics of the car have been already discussed ad nauseum. So members disappear, on to the next new thing.
I'm sure if he is interested in posting he will.
Happy Halloween All!

Of course this is pure uneducated speculation but @MacGeek is/was a hugely knowledgeable resource for this community and with that i suspect he garnered a fair share of requests for his assistance both in public posts and private messages.

That can be enjoyable to help out others but im sure its not without time and energy commitment. Of course i dont know this but perhaps something else is competing for his time right now.

Whatever it is or isnt i wish him well and hope he knows that regardless of any future involvement with this community his contributions were appreciated as is his current and future good health

Mike

61 - 80 of 82 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.