Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner

MacGeek

16K views 81 replies 37 participants last post by  John_K_348 
#1 ·
Has anybody heard from MacGeek lately? Either I'm just not looking at the right threads, or he hasn't posted in awhile. His posts and input were such a great help last year. I hope he's okay!

#6 ·
Reactions: John_K_348
#9 ·
I was really hoping we'd hear from him, or somebody would have some news. I did an internet search on his moniker, and he's been active on many different forums, including the original Alfisti.com started by Alfa Romeo years ago. There's even a news article from March 2016 that specifically mentions him:

https://www.strategy-business.com/blog/When-Consumers-Are-More-Than-Customers?gko=2e9a1

To go from such wide and long-time participation to sudden silence is disturbing. I hope he's alright and something hasn't happened to him. I believe he lives in Italy, so if any members here speak Italian, maybe you can check some of the Italian forums and see if anybody has heard from him?

#12 ·
I suspect vacation, especially in the alps or nearby resorts. Abetone perhaps? Funiculars just below the lot in front. Another slope behind the camera on the same face of the next mountain. Looks like great driving country too.

Attachments

#13 ·
I was wondering the same thing and was going to start a thread to see if someone had heard from him as I had not noticed a post from him in some time. Hope this thread finds him well and he is able to rejoin us.

#15 ·
I PM'd him and told him that we miss him in the Giulia forum and that we hope everything is OK with him and his family......
He has been very helpful to me in the past when I asked him tons of questions about the QV, 4C and Alfa Spider.....

I hope he returns soon.....

Reactions: John_K_348
#28 ·
i reckon he has a brunette in an apartment in Milano and are snowed in
Are we getting dangerously close to stalking? I checked Milan's weather forecast. He's probably not snowed in there. A bit further north, though...
Thing is he doesn't live in Milan......:smile2:
Yeah but Torino’s weather is in the same ballbark to Milano’s
I don't think the implication was that he lives there. :x

Reactions: Papa Gallo
#21 ·
Why? Because those of us who appreciated his input and support are concerned about his sudden disappearance?

You're new to this forum, so you obviously don't know who he is. He was a huge and valuable resource of information and help to this forum and others since the new Giulia was introduced. His access to inside information from Alfa was a great help last year when information was either scarce or impossible to get otherwise. He was always willing to share news, info or help with questions. After a steady appearance in this forum all last year, he is suddenly absent. Why you would think it bizarre and slightly creepy that people are concerned about him and hope he's okay is beyond me.

#20 ·
Hehe, I guess I had snow on the brain. I hope he is well especially after sending me all those great 3d renders of the 2.9L engine and boost plumbing. Maybe he got an offer to work more closely with FCA Italy? Maybe he's been a Maserati guy the whole time? ;) But he may be an IT guy, especially with the MacGeek username. I suppose we should just be patient. I don't want to offend him with silly speculation.

#24 ·
Haha! Relax guys. I know he would understand our curiosity and thought process. I just want to be sure nothing bad has happened and we don't write anything that we might regret should he have to parts ways with the forum for other reasons. If he's on vacation, let's let him rest for crying out loud! ;) Right now I am nursing my snowblower (done) and trying to get an ice free driveway so I can drive my Giulia on the Weekend. Baby Beast is pounding the snow like a Pirelli champ.

#34 ·
Yes, Welcome back. And you are not "just a customer" you are part of a community that missed your presence on this forum.

#37 ·
Your first mission, should you decide to accept it ... there are a few confused lads over what to use as a substitute for Petronas Paraflu UP... i think its not available in USA? not sure , but last i read they were going to mix orange and purple coolants !!!???? NOOOOooooooooo!!

the boys need all the help they can get ... what can one use in place of Paraflu (we have it in Australia)

secondly why cant they buy a litre from UK and have it shipped? dangerous goods?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.