Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, so M+# is clear, Manual shifting and shows the gear after the M. Enter mode by moving autostick to the left, exit by moving stick back to the right.

So what about D+# mode?

I ran into this when I was wondering what selecting the ( - ) paddle would do when I was lugging along in a high gear on the open road. I pulled the ( - ) paddle back once and was rewarded with D5 in place of D. Ok, so how do I get back to just plain D? The autostick is already in the D position. I flipped it to M and back to D and lost the number, whew.

Reading the manual, it spouts some gibberish about the D staying if only one shift is required, and addresses it no more. Anyone know anything?

·
Registered
105 Posts
So what I recall from doing this is that, if you pull the paddle while in regular automatic mode, you will get the one shift that you asked for. If there is not another paddle induced shift in some short timeout period (maybe it was about 10 seconds, pure guess but it was short in my memory) it returns back to full automatic mode. FWIW, that is also exactly what my BMW 135 dual clutch transmission does in that same situation.

Reactions: Il_Conte

·
Registered
658 Posts
For me this is one of the great features of the paddles they are active in all driving modes. I don't know if there is a fixed timeout, what I have found is if I change down one or two gears and accelerate it will stick in that gear until I ease off on the accelerator. It also seems to be stickier in D compared to A which makes sense. It doee mean that in D you may have to make your own upshift just like you would in 'manual' mode.

·
Registered
526 Posts
So what I recall from doing this is that, if you pull the paddle while in regular automatic mode, you will get the one shift that you asked for. If there is not another paddle induced shift in some short timeout period (maybe it was about 10 seconds, pure guess but it was short in my memory) it returns back to full automatic mode.
Exactly

·
Registered
'17 Ti Sport Q4 w/ Active Shocks & LSD
796 Posts
Back to D Mode after D-#... here's how

found this out by accident.

To resume full automatic in D mode, pull the plus paddle and hold it for two seconds. It will defeat the D+# selection mode, and return you to full automatic.

·
Registered
2017 Giulia Ti Sport Q4, Vesuvio Grey, Red Calipers, Red Leather interior, Every Option!!
69 Posts
Yep, you can just pull the paddle for a few seconds and auto mode will return. And to add to that quickly, your Giulia isn't going to let you blow her up while you try to run 1st gear up towards 7 or 8k RPM's - Your Giulia also won't allow you to stall her out at a light, because you forgot you were 'playing around' with the paddles or manual mode, and you're still in 6th gear doing 7 MPH and slowing doing to a stop!! Your Giulia is going to shift (up or down) if you forget or just don't shift (with you using either the gear shifter manual mode or with you using the paddles)!! She is really smart!

Just thought I'd add a lil of what I have found out/experienced ??

1 - 6 of 6 Posts